Finally given up with Chris Evans

I have listened to the Radio 2 breakfast program for about 40 years. Terry Wogan was the perfect start to the day for me.

I have persisted with Chris Evans with plenty of moans but now I can stand that Buffoon Evans no more. I am sick of his inane talking and constant pathetic guests.

Anyone recommend a station that is more music and gentle than Evans constant ranting. I am trying Heart FM at present.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Odd timing, he hasn't been on since Friday.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,271
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I listen to Heart. I have a choice of NW or N Wales but prefer Spence & Rachel on N Wales.

I also abandoned the idiot Evans about 6 months after he took over from Terry
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,961
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    parcival wrote: »
    I have listened to the Radio 2 breakfast program for about 40 years. Terry Wogan was the perfect start to the day for me.

I have persisted with Chris Evans with plenty of moans but now I can stand that Buffoon Evans no more. I am sick of his inane talking and constant pathetic guests.

Anyone recommend a station that is more music and gentle than Evans constant ranting. I am trying Heart FM at present.
    Odd timing, he hasn't been on since Friday.

Yep - wasn't on Monday or today! So am wondering if you think that Michael Ball is a buffoon? Or Richard Madeley?

It's Vanessa Feltz I can't bear on the radio, she never lets anyone talk, repeats stuff all the time and just witters on. Each to their own!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    I also gave up on Chris Evans and now listen to local radio until after 0930.

Got fed up hearing about his wife and sons all the time.

Top Gear is also better without him
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used to like him but he just annoys me now. Especially on Fridays when he has all the guests on, i love Michael Ball and Jo Whiley, she has the most relaxing voice ever ! I listen to my Ipod most mornings now, but listen to Radio 2 in the afternoon when he's !!!!!!ed off home. Time for a change i think. He's like a really annoying puppy, he makes it sound forced which it should never be.
  • Lord_Baltimore
    Lord_Baltimore Posts: 1,348 Forumite
    The radio isn't worth turning on with all the egomaniacs jabbering their constant drivel; then they shut up and the adverts run (and they're synced so switching channels is a waste of time). Music is now a novelty in-fill.

I'd prefer the sound of my engine to the ginger whinger.
    Mornië utulië
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    OP you mention Heart FM, I myself can't stand the station due to the music played but that's my preference.

You considered downloading some podcasts to your phone ?
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Gers wrote: »
    Yep - wasn't on Monday or today! So am wondering if you think that Michael Ball is a buffoon? Or Richard Madeley?

It's Vanessa Feltz I can't bear on the radio, she never lets anyone talk, repeats stuff all the time and just witters on. Each to their own!

I can't stand any of them!!! Or that Patrick Kielty fella.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Totally agree, sadly my wife still has him on and it could be grounds for divorce except I have to concede as she gets us all moving.

Unfortunately I do need to hear the national traffic report and the news (if you can call the British Bias corp 'news') too.

Terry really used to put work into the show, let other get involved without shouting them down like Evans, even creating radio dramas.

Chris seems to have the easiest life, he rolls out of bed, gets driven to the studio, people fetch and carry for him and he just recycles a few stories from the Daily Mail website on his screen. Zero effort.

Of course he is quick to (often) tell us how the audience numbers have grown but only in his ego is it down to his popularity, its more likely due to the dire lack of an alternative national all round station. He gains by default.

When put to the proper test, the Top Gear reaction showed his true popularity!
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • ukwmo
    ukwmo Posts: 60 Forumite
    Dunno, I do like his regular silliness after the 08.00 hrs news ... "how do you like your egg in the morning" and such like. Comfortably familiar. And I love his rapport with Moira Stuart, the newsreader. But like most, I prefer music in the mornings. I'm getting ready for work and don't have the time to listen to much chit chat ... prefer a tune. And he is very good at tunes.

The only time he's really annoyed me was when Scotland and Cumbria were blanketed with snow, bitterly cold and traffic chaos/school closures. And he kept rabbiting on about what a lovely morning it was (maybe it was down South). He was a bit anti towards those in Scotland and the North of England who had tweeted him to point out that not the whole UK was enjoying such a pleasant morning.

But hey ho. Much better than Madeley, Vanessa and the rest of the celeb DJ's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure