MSE News: Pensions Minister: 'no straws to clutch to' for WASPI campaigners

Options

Comments

• Mortgagefreeman
    Options
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    WASPI National Local Day of Action - Friday 26th May.
    I guess that means more photos of those poor cash-strapped hard-done-to women guzzling champagne in First Class. :whistle:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

It seems a lot of the WASPI women blame the Conservatives but go all moody when you point out that Labour and Libdems were both involved in the increases over the various stages.

WASPI women are never strong on facts though.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    It seems a lot of the WASPI women blame the Conservatives but go all moody when you point out that Labour and Libdems were both involved in the increases over the various stages.

WASPI women are never strong on facts though.
    Reading some of the comments on Twitter from MPs who support WASPI, it would appear neither are they.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Reading some of the comments on Twitter from MPs who support WASPI, it would appear neither are they.

Notice how its the MPs that are not currently in power or never going to be able to influence the UK Govt position. Typical opposition behaviour.

Although they should note what happened to Nick Clegg when he found out what happens when you can afford your promises.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well Martin Lewis is still a fan.

And this weeks poll seems to make paying these 1959s women money they don't really need, or haven't been entitled to for a couple of decades, as the number 1 priority for the party leaders apparently
  • dunstonh
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Well Martin Lewis is still a fan.

And this weeks poll seems to make paying these 1959s women money they don't really need, or haven't been entitled to for a couple of decades, as the number 1 priority for the party leaders apparently

When you have no chance of getting into power, you can say whatever you like. You play to the audience

Martin will jump on to any crusade that helps his brand.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    When you have no chance of getting into power, you can say whatever you like. You play to the audience

Martin will jump on to any crusade that helps his brand.

Yes, mr Lewis is still keen on the self promotion.

My reference to the top pick on the poll options refers to the weekly poll on this site, as stated within the newsletter. So nothing to do with policy but an opinion from a few thousand people with little political bias.
  • Mortgagefreeman
    Options
    From Labour's manifesto.

Looks like red Is the new purple.:D

C_gKH8wXoAEVkkV.jpg
  • Pollycat
    Options
    From Labour's manifesto.

Looks like red Is the new purple.:D

C_gKH8wXoAEVkkV.jpg

So they "deserve recognition for the injustice they have suffered and some kind of compensation for their losses".

I guess it's easy enough to manage the former:
    Yeah, you should have had more notice but that's the Conservatives for you & it's too late to do anything now.
    That's recognition.

As for 'some kind of compensation', anyone who believes that they'll get their state pension at 60 (or back payment) based on that tosh is deluded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure