tired_dad Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    last 2 posts tell the full story
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have a plumbed in one. It is a Samsung. The ice and chilled water on tap is wonderful and gets used frequently. I've had mine for over 10 years now.

I've read varied reports about Samsung but from what you say you sound happy with yours.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annie1960 wrote: »
    I've read varied reports about Samsung but from what you say you sound happy with yours.

Also have a plumbed in Samsung for app 10 years, mod required after first year but no problem since. I use the ice and chilled water every day so not just a fad in my case. Very simple to plumb in as just a "T" required off your existing cold supply then the small bore plastic pipe and in line filter installed.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    And I've had an LG for 10 years with no problems, but if you wait long enough you'll get good & bad reports for all makes. Fridge/freezers are pretty reliable, you'd be really unlucky to get a bad one.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    Have got a new samsung and love the space in it. It isnt plumbed in but has a water dispenser that we never use.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • Alex.T
    Alex.T Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We've got a non-plumbed LG. Massive water tank in the door, which gets filled every few days (in the summer). Ice cubes and crushed ice is fantastic too. What put me off having a plumbed one, was that they have filters which need replacing every so often, and more often than not, that involves moving the fridge out, and possibly a plumber to change the filter. Even more so if you live in area with hard water (like us)
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alex.T wrote: »
    We've got a non-plumbed LG. Massive water tank in the door, which gets filled every few days (in the summer). Ice cubes and crushed ice is fantastic too. What put me off having a plumbed one, was that they have filters which need replacing every so often, and more often than not, that involves moving the fridge out, and possibly a plumber to change the filter. Even more so if you live in area with hard water (like us)

My Samsung has the filter inside, it's like changing a light bulb.
    Twist off, push & twist in.
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    The non plumbed ones have filters too.
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
  • martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    Options
    We had a plumbed in Samsung, loved it, remodeled and couldn't fit it back in.

Moving house, the kitchen WILL have space for a plumbed in.

Really is worth the effort.
  • Rain_Shadow
    Rain_Shadow Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    edited 21 March 2017 at 11:32AM
    Options
    I have a plumbed in Rangemaster. The chilled water is very welcome in the summer and the ice is welcome all year round;). I wouldn't want to be faffing with filling a reservoir

Mine has double doors on the top, which are the fridge and two drawers below which are the freezer. I think this is a far better layout than the more usual fridge behind one full length door and freezer behind the other.
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure