What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not masses to report, finally got the shower saga sorted out yesterday only to come down with a full blown cold. spent yesterday afternoon sleeping, in fact done alot of sleeping and not much else.
    Did drag daughter shopping with me this morning, spends and receipt all logged.
    Wanted to do it today but ran out of steam, but need to get pegs from HB and make good use of the lovely weather we have as I have a mountain of washing again
    Ziggy-i hope ur DS is doing okay.
    CCL- i hope things are going better for you
    Foxgloves-u did make me smile when u said about the cake and the mouse. I bet he would think all of his Christmas's will have come at once seeing a tasty fruit cake.
    Have a good rest of the day money savers x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon Campers,
    Quick check-in with today's money saving activities:
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Did meal plans for next week/
    *Free fitness tidying garden & my half of the shed.
    *Free plants!! (Self-seeded ones, lots of them. Yay to those!)
    *Use-it-up. Have officially now finished ALL the weird & wonderful tea bags in our cupboard. Actually, most were distinctly less than wonderful, but I can buy some nice ones now. Hope that sweet rhubarb one is still on sale, as I do like that.
    *One of my ebay items was bid up a little & sold today (she has got a real bargain there, I'd have liked it to go a bit higher, but no worries, another thing sold & on its way & the money will eventually go into our Loan Pay Down Fund. Another item is up tomorrow & has been bid up too, with quite a few watchers, so fingers crosssed.
    *Did some Onepoll surveys. I am at over £38 now, so very near to cash-in. They have had lots of 20p ones over the last week as they seem to be updating people's info for better targeting of surveys.
    *Free leisure - caught up on a couple of TV programmes & updated my blog.....did 2 posts as wanted to share my free plant finding activity as well as those chickpea burgers I kept going on about! Hope to read another few chapters of my library book too.
    I think that's it. I felt very tired last night & woke up in the night with a rotten sore throat. I'm clearly fighting some or other lergy, so hope this is as bad as it's going to get, & I can still get stuff done without feeling too sorry for myself.
    OK, that's my day.
    F x
    HappyKitties - re the mouse......we had one the other year in our pantry & out of all the food in there & stuff he could have nibbled, he ONLY helped himself to a jar of my chilli jelly!! He chewed the cellophane & wax disc off & ate a good centimetre or so of jelly......it's hot stuff, I bet he had to trot down to our pond for a massive drink after that!
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 March 2017 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Just catching up quickly as I need to go and potter before DH comes in. I got most of today's listy done - but I'm declaring my list for tomorrow to give myself a head start. It also means I can be pottering while the caffeine heads towards the grey cells in the morning.

Plans are:-
    • Make fake tomato soup - only just found the recipe again
    • Phone cousin & aunt to make arrangements for me picking them up in hired car next week
    • Another couple of job apps for DH - started but need info from DH / company prior to further action
    • Review a company website for DH & fill in his details for him. I have to "be him" at times (insert roll eyes smiley in here)
    • Phone work to let them know I should be back 29th March - I'm going back on a staged return so this should allow enough time to have things put in place
    • Paperwork - start on 1st pass of this for Kondo. Will be piling like with like to all me to make a start on this.
    • Look out both passports & put them in folder with boarding passes (yes - I am that sad :o )
    • Review airport parking options for Tuesday
    • Review car hire offers for Tuesday
    • Print off directions & details for travel in Bristol/Wales on Tuesday
    • Print off copy of my "paper copy" for driving license (I have one for DH) in case required by car hire co - put copies of both in folder
    • Tidy & clean house with minimal products - DH is off on Friday & last time this happened his brother decided to visit at 9am :eek::eek:
    • NSD
    That's about all I can think off for the moment - but as I say, this is to get a jump on tomorrow - and then if I'm awake @ 5am AGAIN, I might get up and start :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all,

Very productive day - house is all clean and shiny! Just finishing off bedding in the house now as got a little damp due to getting back a little late from DD's class.

Earned £6.40 on a couple of surveys today and yesterday so the 'pot' is at £8.27 after spending on raspberries etc earlier this week. Happy with that as really wasn't much work :D This money I mainly use for fun as my budget is too tight to allow for it otherwise, currently saving for going for a nice day out on Easter Sunday. And yes, in this house, planting raspberries are fun! :D

Also managed to squeeze onto my class for tomorrow night as last week it had already booked up but someone must have dropped out.

Tonight I am going to spend some time sorting out a daily schedule as time is running low at the moment. I will live an orderly grown up kind of life...ok maybe not the grown up bit :D
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Not much achieved today, mainly due to having to go to DD2's to babysit little GD very early, before she had even got up, as DD2 had another appointment early this morning. I should really have brought GD back here instead of staying there, as I could have got a bit more done.

Anyway, such as it is:
    NSD :D
    Checked banks
    Cleared out little plastic lean to mini greenhouse thing, it has survived yet another winter :)
    Sowed 3 different kinds of salad leaves, leeks and spring onions
    Moved some big pots around outside, planted out a new sage plant, cleared up some dead plants / swept around where they had been
    Sowed parsnips and carrots in raised bed
    Given fruit trees, bushes and clematis some fertiliser
    HM meals from stores
    Sold an ebay item

And that is about it! Will scout about for some surveys now :)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :D
    Better day for me today, but my laptop has spent over 2 hours installing some sort of update, so I don't really have time to catch up now as it's almost my bed time.
    It's that time of year at work when everything is just manic - and we were given news of redundancies yesterday as well, which isn't great. Thankfully my job isn't at risk but it doesn't make for a good working atmosphere.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    So pleased to reach hump day. Tired.
    - Monday/Tuesday away with work so had 2 free lunches, dinner, coffees and overnight accommodation. Saved a bit of fuel too.
    - took packed lunch to work today.
    - cancelled my trial membership so I don't get stung.
    - sold and parcelled using recycled packaging an eBay sale
    - exchanged an item on Facebook buy/sell/swap for my friends birthday present.
    - FPL and comps every day
    - bought reduced price dishwasher tabs with Asda price guarantee voucher
    so totally free!
    - on my travels with work again tomorrow, will probably get free coffees. I'm planning to take packed lunch with me as trying to be good and don't want to be tempted by the services.

Hope you're all okay, LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi everyone :D
    Better day for me today, but my laptop has spent over 2 hours installing some sort of update, so I don't really have time to catch up now as it's almost my bed time.
    It's that time of year at work when everything is just manic - and we were given news of redundancies yesterday as well, which isn't great. Thankfully my job isn't at risk but it doesn't make for a good working atmosphere.

Because of the cuts?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all, just a quickie from me...

Popped into the little Mr T and got a few YS bargains including two packs of sliced roast chicken so I decided based on that to make a roast, on a school night!!! I've not long finished cooking and washing up but it was lovely :)

I'm trying to avoid takeaways at the moment but I've decided from next week I am going to allow myself one every Wednesday night as by the time I get home from work (and the YS run) it's nearly 8pm and then I have to cook and wash up and there's stuff that's getting neglected (paperwork, etc.) because I'm too knackered to do anything other than crawl into bed. So, from now on Wednesday is going to be my 'getting my **** together' day when I come straight home from work, ignoring the supermarket, order a cheap takeaway that can be eaten out of the wrappers so no washing up (fish and chips or kebab methinks) and then I have an evening midweek to catch up on stuff that needs doing.

That's the plan anyway :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Morning :) beautiful morning today, just calm, a little misty and the larks are singing :) a cauliflower and pepper seed have germinated and one one comes others will follow :) doubt I'll have any time to do more sowing tonight but maybe I'll try...

small things for today:

* check meal plan and get something out
    * stick to diet - I managed to yesterday :) first few days of anything are always the hardest for me but after that I'll be on a roll. 6 weeks till we go on holiday and I could definitely do with shifting this 1/2 stone from Christmas/post christmas junk frenzy!
    * [STRIKE]have messaged runners group to see if there's a run tonight. If there is I'm going! ;)[/STRIKE] it's on!
    *[STRIKE] put together madam's lunch box, made sarnie last night so just a matter of throwing things in the box :)[/STRIKE]
    *[STRIKE] boil an egg to make sandwich for me, take with soup & fruit[/STRIKE]
    * take note of mileage and update expenses
    * work hard - I have 2 days until I'm on leave for 12 days but today is going to be a though day with back to back appts. Must use time and resources efficiently to make it easier on myself. Will dictate case notes onto app throughout day as tomorrow I only have 1 appt and the rest is office time so hope by the time I've finished tomorrow I'll be up to date....
    * might be able to do flylady today but probably not more than 1/2 hour...
    * need to get petrol. will use cashback cc

ok that'll do! See you all on the other side :D

FVD have you thought about getting in a couple of frozen pizzas from the SM for Wednesday's? A few months ago we were struggling with takeaways and so I started getting a couple of fancyish pizzas in the freezer so when the inevitable cba night came around it was just a matter of bunging it in the oven for 15-20 mins, couple with some garlic bread and ta da! fakeaway with little effort for a lot less than a take out :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills