What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 8:34AM
    Options
    Morning :) I've been awake since 5.15! Madam was groaning which woke me and alerted me to the fact I needed the loo! The joys of getting older I'm finding :(

received an email from my allotment neighbour who has said I can take some cuttings off of her redcurrant bushes :j Now am undecided as to whether I should go to the lottie or continue sorting out our garden as I had planned. Currently all the pots I need to wash are sitting on the decking and everything looks a mess! Think I'll carry on with that and try to squeeze 1/2 hour at the lottie with madam later. There are workmen building a garage at a house on the lane to the lottie so going to ask them if I can have a couple of handfulls of sand to plant the cuttings ;)

hoping to do some more sowing but that might be a bit ambitious with madam. She'll usually give me an hour or so in the morning but after that she wants to be played with!

Going to nip to the garden centre and get compost and hopefully a tap widget for the wormery :D might even pick up some herbs & salad leaves seeds.

In non-gardening news...

* read martin's email
    * all meals from stores - check meal plan and get something out
    * entertain madam for free. go to the library & park (didn't do yesterday) and play toys at home
    * walk most journeys (have an appt in next town later so will need to use it)
    * bake banana bread and scones (didn't do yesterday)
    * hang out washing
    * might see if friend wants to go swimming this afternoon
    * get clothes/bags/lunches ready for tomorrow
    * [STRIKE]pay cc bill can't believe I haven't done this! Today is the last day I can do it. Must do it now![/STRIKE] done!
    * get oh to bring home a spray bottle so we can weed kill our drive/paths

Ok that'll do. Going to get dressed and go in the garden for an hour :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Ziggy, terribly sad for such a young man to loose his life, I hope your son is ok and the boys family have support. Unimaginable to loose a child.

Lovely sunny day here so must make the most of it.

Today:
    *YNAB - done and looking good.
    *Survey experiment - been off boil recently but two yesterday and one today = £3.60 towards future fun.
    *Washing mountain - bedding! Glorious sun so must get it out asap
    *Flylady is master bedroom and hallway cleaning
    *All meals from stores
    *Work,work,work

All I want to do is go for a walk along the beech and snooze the afternoon away but must not give in to that! Hope you all have a good day!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 March 2017 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Big hugs to all that would like them.

Feeling chipper again today, finally! Dunno what was up with me over the last couple of weeks but it can foxtrot Oscar.

Had a private physio appointment this morning. £30. Not directly MSE but as I'm starting to lift heavy and do a lot of exercise, I wanted an MOT. Physio has noted an imbalance in my right hip/glute which I was expecting. Have some exercises to do. More MSE than hurting myself.

Also leaving work slightly early today for my smear test. LADIES! If you are overdue for yours - take this as your reminder to book in!!!!

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Charge phone in work
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Finish joining crochet commission (am almost done!) will likely get a fair chunk of the border done tonight.
    • Organised a lift for Friday (no train/taxi needed now) - done
    • Ebay item has sold! Will package for OH to take to the post office (he will die inside when I ask him to do this)
    Will add more as I go

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning

Matchsticks for me this morning too Determined was at work last night and I am terrible as I can't just get home and go to bed. Think I remember still being on the tablet till 2...Ah well.

I am still in a total whirl about what to do for the best on the work front. I am awaiting the results of my query on my rates. But in the meantime it is all very surreal. I'm worried enough about simply paying my usual outgoings in April, having recently lost a big chunk of my monthly revenue, let alone adding another £175 on top for that increase.

But then there are other things happening, like bookings coming in from influential people, who may be able to help me raise awareness of what I am doing simply by the fact so many people are interested in what they are doing. Can't say more I'm afraid. Sorry to be cryptic.

But then the very scared sensible side of me kicks in and says, bottom line, bills have to be paid or you'll be in trouble. I honestly don't think most people realise just how fine a line people in small local services tread. I paid my rent and rates today and have the princely sum of £35 left in my business account now.
    There is more coming, and booked work for the rest of the month but it's so up and down all the time.

But....On with small things.

1. Made a very nice home made sweet corn soup for dinner last night, there is plenty left for lunch. Came home with loads of rolls on Sunday so i will pop some more I'm to refresh in the oven. They crisp up really well.

2. We have so much in the fridge from the weekends events that I wrote a new plan based on all that and so far have only needed to spend £8 this week to top it up.
    3. Will need to shop today as the butter has run out. But will take my tiny list and stick to it.

4. 11 days till OH gets paid. I haven't transferred any money to myself yet this month, and we also have the council tax payment plus the £100 switching incentive stashed in my savings account. So I can top up our account if needs be, which I think we have around £15 left till I do need to.

5. DD is wearing a beautiful pink and white spotty dress today that was a gift I gave to my friends now 8 year old, that was worn by both her girls and come back to me :) it's still lovely and fresh looking.

6. Checked both my bank accounts.

7. OH WFH so we save on travel by using the same card for the day.

8. I made scones last night too, sultana, lemon and apple, with a rejected apple, they are really nice. Will do one for morning tea soon to save temptation at the shops.

9. A cheque cleared so that needs allocating to my son's account. But all a bit in a flux there as we closed his and sisters bank accounts at the weekend due to the branch closure. But the place i wanted to send it to won't have it because it's in their names not ours. Annoying.

10. Will carry the airer outside and hang the washing there as our washing line is down, but weather too nice to leave stuff in the house.

Have a good hump day all.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 12:29PM
    Options
    Good Morning All

Today

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Collect mums missing meds from chemist - Done
    Pop into Dr's and arrange online booking - Done (didn't even look at passport)
    Return item to Wilko for refund - Done
    Arrange online Drs appointment - Done, none available next week, earliest will be 06/04
    Continue watching "A Touch of Frost" boxset on Firestick (best pressie we've ever been bought, saved us a fortune so far) - In progress
    Washing and line dry -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2017 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Will catch up with all the posts later - just popping on quickly to keep myself accountable...

Ziggy - so sorry for your son. I know there are counselors in my nephew's school to help them deal with his death - maybe they'll do the same in you son's school.

Quick listy:-

• Make fake tomato soup - only just found the recipe again
    • [STRIKE]Hair cut to make my mop presentable for next week[/STRIKE]
    • Phone cousin & aunt to make arrangements for me picking them up in hired car next week - kind of - still need to confirm
    • [STRIKE]Review flight prices to make sure they don't go up (due to finances I'd ideally like to wait until Sunday to book them)[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Small shop with list[/STRIKE]
    • Another couple of job apps for DH
    • Review a company website for DH & fill in his details for him. I have to "be him" at times (insert roll eyes smiley in here)
    • Phone work to let them know I should be back 29th March - I'm going back on a staged return so this should allow enough time to have things put in place
    • Paperwork - start on 1st pass of this for Kondo. Will be piling like with like to all me to make a start on this.
    • P[STRIKE]ick up prescription from chemist
    • Fill out 2 reference requests for DH work[/STRIKE]

And that is it

Will catch up later peeps

Take care out there

Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yorkshire - you are doing a great job! Don't let the pesky slow cooker settings get to you!!

Bob - I hear ya re small businesses, like when customers don't realise the impact of not paying a bill on time etc...

Ziggy - I've recently had similar stress with online appointment system. Have finally set it up but what a faff!! Hopefully it'll be easier in future for you.

Xx
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today is a good day for me so far…

1. Mobile people lowered my bill to £8.75 from £10.01 (not £9.01 as first thought!) :rotfl: :o :j

2. I got £62.23 from an old savings account I closed :D

3. Tenant paid on time :cool:

4. YNAB says I can make a charity donation to the children’s hospice (colleague running a marathon) and to the DEC for the Africa appeal. :A

Other stuff:
    Packed brekkie and lunch :A
    Whole chicken in SC :cool:
    Shopping with a v small list on lunch – too much work and too little money – the perfect combo really :p
    Checked banking/YNAB
    Didn’t wash my hair :cool:
    Used some freebies/gifts – moisturiser, make up
    Made coffee in the moka; resisting the N espresso shop for now…

Xx
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Slugs, it hadn't really occurred to me until someone spotted a hedgehog in our front garden a couple of times that I'd not seen one single slug or snail in the front garden (the back is a different story), maybe cut some holes in the bottom of your fences to allow them a free run on their nightly route?

Apart from that I'm told the best method is hand picking by torchlight early in the morning!

Ziggy, I too read the story of that young boy in the news. I hope your son will be fine and that the school address it with them all. One of my son's friends died inhaling N0S a couple of years ago and teenagers do seem to grieve in a completely different way to us 'oldies', they seem to be so much more in touch with their feelings (I blame the Emo movement!) There was none of the embarrassed 'sorry for your loss' with them instead all pouring their hearts out of FB. The boys parents buried him in a white coffin and brought Sh@rpies to the funeral and they all decorated the coffin with messages. So terribly sad to lose so many young lives (still thinking of you too, ClootiesMum )

DNMS, how was your root canal treatment? I went to the dentist this morning and she did various tests and said it's pretty conclusive that the root of the tooth she was going to fill is dead but I have opted to have it extracted instead (it's a back tooth and, even aside from being scared for the root canal treatment I really can't afford it. Bizarrely she said that I have a wisdom tooth below the one due to be removed that has never been able to come through but might well do at the ripe old age of 57 once the other is out of the way!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In money saving news, I brought in my YS sweet potato and black bean tortilla for lunch, it was lovely if a tad spicy. Im not sure what to cook for tonight, I don't think I can fob the teens off with sandwiches and chips tonight, maybe anchovy spaghetti.

I was up until past midnight last night doing an application for a job I've been invited to apply for, I'm feeling I have as good a chance as anyone so why NOT me?

I am still sorting and squirrelling stuff away for my forthcoming table top sale and my mum has possibly got me my first order of service to do for a friend's dad's funeral (who, true to form with my mum, hasn't actually died yet? :eek: )

Tonight I need to sort the next stage of DS's apprenticeship application, it's in the works but the college he would attend one day per week have contacted him in the meantime. Luckily it's the college he attended a day release course with for his last two years at school so they know of him and that he stayed the course (rather than the other one where he has dropped out of two courses.) I have a good felling about this, hopefully *fingers crossed* everything is starting to come together :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure