What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Walked into the kitchen on the first sunny morning of the year....oh my what a mess it's in! Have started cleaning and tidying it cupboard by cupboard. Kinda-Konmari method. It's my fault for leaving DW to do kitchen duty since Sept.

* Recycled 20 plastic water bottles...where did they come from?

* Making a bag to go to the charity shop. Already full.

* We have 5 tubs of hot chocolate....and 4 lots of artificial sweetener. Won't be buying those for a while.

* 15 empty craft beer bottles can go on eBay.

* Tuppereware-esque boxes in a muddle. :(

....still going...
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    CLF

Here:

http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/syn-free-beetroot-mint-hummus-slimming-world/

I haven't made it yet, but it looks lovely. I'll let you know :D

cheers PF!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 March 2017 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Hi All

Have fun at the allotment Determined what a pain Ally and Clootiesmum coffee is your friend, but only Ground fresh Arabica beans, according to us coffee heads:A

So far today

* Our heating is now off again until next winter. Very pleased about that as our monthly bills will now return from £95 for gas/elec combined to £56.

* Because I worked at an event yesterday I came home with a lot of food, so I did a fridge review first thing, meal planned for the week and wrote a very short shopping list.

* Because I spent the morning cleaning I didn't have time to go to the big Mr S as usual, but as my shopping list was very short I decided we'd go to the Mr T metro near our house instead. Took 5 wombled receipts to add on, totalling 30 point. Whilst there got a pack of YS meatballs with 53p off. I had mince on my shopping list so will just use them instead.

* Logged my receipt in spends and the shopping budget, then did the customer service survey you can do once a month for 25 points.

* Cleared the shredding basket today.

* Hoovered whole house.

* Checked drier for dry washing and packed away.

* Checked banking

* Tried to call the company I want to set up a third account with for Christmas/holiday/car savings but their systems were down.

* I brought home last night all the tail end loo rolls from work. They look horrible in a customer bathroom, but fine for us to use up.

* Put a library book in the buggy basket to remind me to take it back next time I'm that way.

* Decided what to use my £30 tip on from yesterday's event.

Not a bad start to the week.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

I have started my journey to summer body. I weight lift and bulk in the winter now on to cutting - I'm trying to ignore food and food related subjects but my diet will be minimal for the next few weeks - except on lifting days

My list is long so just some urgent things

I need to post ebay's I sold on the weekend only made £11.50 but 4 items gone from the pile hooray
    Money situation not good, I am now owed £680 in outstanding invoices eeek and I have 2 more big buffets to cater this week
    Been to the gym and cycled to work and logged my rides as its cycle to work week and there is a linked comp to win a holiday to Cuba and cycling goodies
    Sent off work expenses £32
    withdrew cash from PayPal
    Updated to do list
    Put dishes and laundry on before I left this morning

Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    RE: Slugs

I have a right nightmare with them. But, when I keep on top of them, it's ok (I just get lazy/distracted/unwell and don't continue).

My fave weapons:
    The beer trap is a little pricey but easy to fill, clean, move and empty unlike yogurt pots/beer cans. It also has a lid so the rain doesn't get in. Am sure you could cobble together a MSE version though.

HTH
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Well, the headache has returned. I feel less stressed at work than I have done in years but I'm constantly with a headache now. I'm trying to make sure I stay hydrated, and cut right back on carbs and sugar in case that is contributing.
    Certainly it makes a difference getting up when it's light, and the sun shining all day - even though I am at work. There won't be lots of mse as I'm busy (as usual).
    I have checked my bank and made a little PAD
    Brought in lunch from home
    Turned the thermostat right down on the heating
    Stayed on top of my workload here
    Planned dinner for tonight
    Usual minimal housework
    That's it for now - not much to report.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

A brand new shiny week… One step closer to debt-freeness.

I’ve been having a big internal dialogue about credit cards and which ones to pay off first. Think I’ll do smallest balance first. The 0% period will run out on the highest balance card before we can pay it off (£4300 for the car loan; 0% until Nov 2017) but with fewer cards to deal with it will be better. :think: Then there is OH’s card. He has £1000 at 0% for 18m so do we set it up to pay £55 a month for the full period or just pay the min and include it with ‘my’ snowball… I know it’s all the one pot but in some ways it feels better to keep them separate…If we set his up to clear within the 0% period then we don’t need to think about it again :think:

OH signed up for an ISA today – just a £10 a-month, but every little helps. Also comes with £100 cashback. :T

I need to update YNAB – few bills came out today – CC payments and net flix
    Asked a pal if she fancies a free concert tonight (show film first). If so it will be £2 for booking fee, £4 for travel and then probably two drinks…If she doesn’t fancy it I won’t go either. :A
    Packed brekkie & lunch for work for me and OH (overnight oats and soup plus a sarnie for OH)
    Continue sorting the house tonight – quick load in the WM, put away dry clothes, take out some recycling, clean bathroom
    I MUST NOT BUY YARN so I can’t continue with latest project – need to finish sorting the house first… :naughty:
    Text pal about the weekend
    Use a spare folder lying around rather than buying stationery I don’t need :cool:
    Read free ebook
    Batch cooking chilli – bulk out with grated carrot. Will have with rice tonight and baked potatoes another night. :A

Happy Monday!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    I MUST NOT BUY YARN so I can’t continue with latest project – need to finish sorting the house first… :naughty:

Tis a fine goal to be sure ;)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2017 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Also unearthed:

* 4 lots of fabric softener

* 5 packets of napkins

* 4 bottles of handwash.

* 10 new washable cloths.

* Two boxes of crackers (under the tea towels?!)

Most of the tupperware-esque boxes are a write-off and are going to need replacing.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,120 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Monday Savers,
    I'll kick in today's list, then share my thoughts about slugs......
    *Contacted bank about strange text message received....which was from genuine bank phone no but still sounded a bit sort of 'scammy'. Turns out it was from bank's internal finance dept, but was sent out in error. Panic over!
    *Checked ebay listings - bids on two items - someone has (send for the defibrillator.....) bid one of them up by 50p!!!
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water.
    *1 radiator turned down (heating will go off at the end of this month)
    *Did laundry overnight on cheap tariff followed by a full price wash so as to make use of a lovely drying day. Pegged out & all dry for free. Washer loaded again for cheapy overnight tariff.
    *Baked large fruit cake, added extra sherry & have wrapped it while it cools. Certainly not money saving making a big celebration cake, but I only needed to buy 7 of its long list of ingredients & it's a lot cheaper than having one made professionally.
    *Popped down to greenhouse to water seedlings. Everything is popping through like crazy, especially the broad beans.
    *Topped up worm composter with scraps - I'd forgotten to write that job on my list today, so thanks to DNMS's mention of wormeries, my colony of wigglers got a lovely bowlful of carrot & sprout peelings, a pepper top, some yummy coffee grounds, half an egg-box & a cardboard tube!
    *Entered a competition.
    *Sowed mustard & cress seeds.
    *Did rubber chicken......it did a roast dinner yesterday, have done slices for same again tonight, then I rounded up an elderly onion, some bendy celery & some mushrooms that are surplus to requirement, made up some skimmed milk powder & used some more of the l/o chicken to make 2 portions of chicken & mushroom supreme for the freezer. All the other bits went in a container with l/o gravy & veg destined for mr f's next epic man-stew. Carcass in slow cooker for stock.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch & work snacks.
    *Did 3 or 4 very short surveys just to keep them ticking over.
    *Paid another 50p into my sealed pot.
    Relaxation tonight- TV & read library book, maybe knit, maybe not, I'm a free agent!
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure