Calling time on PIP

Options

Comments

• rockingbilly
    Options
    w06 wrote: »
    Rockingbilly, with the greatest respect please listen to NeilCr,. you're dominating at least two fora where people are posting asking for advice and they and anyone who tries to help them are instead receiving diatribes from you. When you're calm you try to advise, whilst admitting in this and other threads you don't understand this stuff.

You're very clearly, and by your own admission, confused and stressed, and confabulating (making things up to fill the gaps, something very common in your conditions). Try to remember other people come here for help too. Please.

Oh I see I'm not worthy of asking questions on here.
    Seems that my avenues are being ever more depleted.

I have to get a MR off by next week and haven't a clue how to do it. Never mind I don't suppose I can make a bigger !!!! up with it as was done with my claim form.

I will leave you all in peace
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 8:49PM
    Options
    That last post of mine wasn't giving advice it was actually asking a question.

I know it was

I am making a general statement

Read what w06 says

It's not about being worthy. It's about thinking about other people. You say you are confused and stressed - you say you have dementia - you say you cannot fill in the forms.

Do you think it is fair that- given these issues - you should be advising/giving information to other people. You have already done this tonight on another forum
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    The OP states they GIVE THE MONEY AWAY that they get.
    So they do not in anyway shape or form need it then?
    So am I to assume the only reason they fight the battles with the DWP is because they enjoy the fight and want the acknowledgement that they think there is something wrong with them?
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    batg wrote: »
    The OP states they GIVE THE MONEY AWAY that they get.
    So they do not in anyway shape or form need it then?
    So am I to assume the only reason they fight the battles with the DWP is because they enjoy the fight and want the acknowledgement that they think there is something wrong with them?

Whether I need the money is immaterial. There are no rules or regulations that state that only those that need it, get it.
    I am fighting for recognition. To be told by the DWP that there is very little wrong with me and that I do not have any needs - care or mobility is simply not the truth and is a bad decision.
    The only part of PIP, as was with DLA, that is of any interest to me is the automatic Blue Badge (used when my daughter takes me out) and the free road tax.
    I don't think that there is something wrong with me, my medical/surgical/mental health teams say there is.
    Is it so wrong for people who have disabling conditions to want some form of recognition from the government with or without the financial compensation?
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought you were going to leave us all in peace.?????

Yet you keep coming back.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    I thought you were going to leave us all in peace.?????

Yet you keep coming back.

I will leave all in peace as being, I will no longer give advice to other posters as was requested of me for obvious reasons. That doesn't mean to say that I still don't need help with the PIP problem?

Or do I take it that I should not post for myself either?
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you have been offered every bit of pip advise by members on here that is available unless you want to keep repeating yourself yet again.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it so wrong for people who have disabling conditions to want some form of recognition from the government with or without the financial compensation?

I don't suppose there is anything wrong with it, but nor do I see the point in "some form of recognition from the government", if you are not concerned about the financial compensation.

If I didn't need the finance to help me get my motability car, believe me there is no way I would engage in all the form filling and so forth. I don't care a fig if the government doesn't know about me - so long as they actually count my vote when I cast one.

TBH rockingbilly, if you really don't need the money I would guess that your mental health would be best served by you NOT putting yourself through the stress and anxiety of trying to claim. I'm NOT saying that to deny you anything, I'm NOT suggesting you are not worthy or entitled to PIP . But if making claims causes you so much upset and strain, then surely it isn't worth that?
    I'm sure that if I was your nearest and dearest I would be making that suggestion to you, along with saying that it doesn't matter what the government or anyone else knows or recognises about you. Those you love and who love you are the ones who matter.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    I will leave all in peace as being, I will no longer give advice to other posters as was requested of me for obvious reasons. That doesn't mean to say that I still don't need help with the PIP problem?

Or do I take it that I should not post for myself either?

Thank you for listening Rockingbilly.

I would suggest (and obviously this is just my opinion) sticking to threads where you're genuinely in need of help with your own claim(s). (threads that you've started)

But on those threads do a self check of 'am I getting unreasonably annoyed, have I misinterpreted what's been said? ' and reread your posts having had a cuppa, before posting. Same as at work you might have written a letter or email and then slept on it, deleted the lot and rewritten it having calmed down the next day.

But if you are claiming PIP just so that the government have acknowledged your disability, is that really worth the stress and faff of a pip and or attendance allowance claim? Dunno it wouldn't be for me.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    w06 wrote: »
    Thank you for listening Rockingbilly.

I would suggest (and obviously this is just my opinion) sticking to threads where you're genuinely in need of help with your own claim(s). (threads that you've started)

But on those threads do a self check of 'am I getting unreasonably annoyed, have I misinterpreted what's been said? ' and reread your posts having had a cuppa, before posting. Same as at work you might have written a letter or email and then slept on it, deleted the lot and rewritten it having calmed down the next day.

But if you are claiming PIP just so that the government have acknowledged your disability, is that really worth the stress and faff of a pip and or attendance allowance claim? Dunno it wouldn't be for me.

Completely agree with this.

In no way was I suggesting that you stop posting here - it was the advice to others that was a concern

I do also concur re the stress of going through this process when the money isn't that important. Life's too short for putting yourself under all that pressure, unnecessarily
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure