Forum Home» Mortgages & Endowments

Kensington Mortgage application timescale - Page 63

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
654 replies 109.4K views

Replies

• Firsttimebuyer7Firsttimebuyer7 Forumite
    9 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    After waiting 4 weeks for a valuation to be done for the mortgage, the day has finally arrived! Does anyone know how long it takes before we hear back? Will it be 2/3 days or will it more than likely be a week or so. We are now on week 7 (or week 13 if you count our previous application with Clydesdale) so hoping to hear back soon!x
  • n1c0lan1c0la Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts
    Does anyone else panic everytime their broker calls them, expecting bad news.
    DIP around 18th Aug 
    Full application week 31st Aug
    Since then requests for -
    *More recent pay slips
    *Updated bank statements
    *Info on boyfriends employer
    *Info on my ccj
    *Boyfriends p60 (already provided)
    *Proof we have 3 months mortgage payments not including equity we have after our sale. 
    Today they called for proof I had been maintaining payments on debts for past 12months. 

Everytime they call I worry and think its a no. Will feel more confident once survey is booked. 
  • blogger201719blogger201719 Forumite
    21 posts
    10 Posts
    n1c0la said:
    Does anyone else panic everytime their broker calls them, expecting bad news.
    DIP around 18th Aug 
    Full application week 31st Aug
    Since then requests for -
    *More recent pay slips
    *Updated bank statements
    *Info on boyfriends employer
    *Info on my ccj
    *Boyfriends p60 (already provided)
    *Proof we have 3 months mortgage payments not including equity we have after our sale. 
    Today they called for proof I had been maintaining payments on debts for past 12months. 

Everytime they call I worry and think its a no. Will feel more confident once survey is booked. 
    You're not alone. My full application was on 12/08/20 and there is still no end in sight. My broker does not call, they email so that's good. I have been asked the same things over and over and I am not expecting any good news soon. I am still hopeful though. I wish you all the best and have Faith 
    21 posts
    10 Posts
    After waiting 4 weeks for a valuation to be done for the mortgage, the day has finally arrived! Does anyone know how long it takes before we hear back? Will it be 2/3 days or will it more than likely be a week or so. We are now on week 7 (or week 13 if you count our previous application with Clydesdale) so hoping to hear back soon!x
    Not far off now and all the best. It's been more than 6 weeks  for us and still waiting. Have faith
    21 posts
    10 Posts
    Finally, after 6 or so weeks we have received the offer. All good
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • n1c0lan1c0la Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts
    Thats great! Bet your over the moon 
    9 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Great news, congratulations!
    9 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just heard from my broker, good news is there was no issues with valuation! However, Kensington have asked for details of our solicitor (again, we gave these weeks ago). Anyway. broker has provided these again and has said he would expect an offer in next few days. All this toing and froing is such a waste of everyone's time. Keeping everything crossed!
  • n1c0lan1c0la Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts
    Just heard from my broker, good news is there was no issues with valuation! However, Kensington have asked for details of our solicitor (again, we gave these weeks ago). Anyway. broker has provided these again and has said he would expect an offer in next few days. All this toing and froing is such a waste of everyone's time. Keeping everything crossed!
    Hopefully you won't have much longer to wait. When did your application go in if you don't mind me asking?. Trying to judge how much longer we may have to wait until valuation is instructed. I know there's a delay on them at the moment.
  • n1c0lan1c0la Forumite
    10 posts
    10 Posts
    Have just been advised our valuation happened on Tuesday 🤞