Cheap airport lounge access

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millerose wrote: »
    Ill be flying from East Midlands airport. Cheapest quote I have had is £71 for us all on one bookable visit.
    This may sound like a daft question, but how big is E Midlands? We usually fly from Bristol and I'm not sure I'd bother with a lounge there because it's not a huge place and yes, it can be crowded but we've never failed to get a seat.

At a larger airport I might consider it, just so I had somewhere to be to avoid getting lost ...

What I do sometimes pay for quite happily is the Express lane in security. Usually pre-book, sign up for the airport's emails and get a discount code, or use TopCashBack for some cashback. We have occasionally been in some horrific queues, where they've been calling people forward for particular flights. And now, if I was flying with SMALL children I'd almost certainly do it. My older two were OK with queuing once they could read, they'd just stick their noses in their books and you'd barely know they were there, but I think the youngest would have been a PITA.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • slewis1972
    Options
    Hi all

Just got accepted for the amex card. How soon does the lounge pass arrive? fancy using it on 14th march
  • yaddayadda
    Options
    slewis1972 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just got accepted for the amex card. How soon does the lounge pass arrive? fancy using it on 14th march

Be interested to know how long the two free passes took, if you can update? Can you use the passes to book ahead online?
  • chickenboy
    chickenboy Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 7 March 2018 at 1:58AM
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that the UK Dragonpass resellers - e.g. Barclays, GourmetClub etc have just dropped a load of lounges, e.g. look the main (chinese) dragonpass site and you'll find LA and Auckland lounges, but check any of the UK resellers and they are not there anymore (Auckland and LA were definitely there 2 months ago!)..., e.g.
    thetelegraph.dragonpassuk.com

So DragonPass is out, LoungeKey is poor, I have LoungeClub (via amex) which does LA but not Auckland anymore....

I'm looking at Diners Club currently... any other suggestions
    :beer:
  • chickenboy
    chickenboy Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    yaddayadda wrote: »
    Be interested to know how long the two free passes took, if you can update? Can you use the passes to book ahead online?

The 2 free passes are actually 2 free per year, after that its £15 per visit, and you cannot book in advance.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    slewis1972 wrote: »
    Hi all

From experience, it's usually about 2 weeks.
  • gandalftheking
    Options
    Just wondering if there any deals for next month for No1 at North Terminal Gatwick? Thanks
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    Just wondering if there any deals for next month for No1 at North Terminal Gatwick? Thanks

Have you signed up here: https://www.gatwickairport.com/mygatwick/

Usually does 25% off.

Alternatively: https://no1lounges.com/VirginAtlanticFlyingClub

That gets you £12 entry to MyLounge, £25 to No1Lounge or £35 to Clubrooms with flying club miles (200, 350 & 400 respectively)
  • mad_cash_cow
    Options
    Anyone been to the Stansted Escape Lounge? I'm thinking that it would give very elderly parents a more restful wait.
    The cow is of the bovine ilk,
    One end is moo, the other milk.
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 April 2018 at 12:02PM
    Options
    hi

was wondering if there any deals-discount codes for either the no1 lounge or the aspire lounge in edinburgh ? we are flying out next month so any deals-discounts
    would be would be much appreciated (anything to save some money me !!!:D)

thanks in advance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure