We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Friday 3 March 2017

13

Comments

  • Afternoon all
    Not posted for a bit but just thought I would drop in and say hi from sunny benidorm. Here for a week and loving the r and r .
    Hope everyone's ok.
    Hugs to all in need xx
    Bright Blessings xx
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    NRA Just popping in after reading your post to send you hugs and warm thoughts.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,988 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Afternoon everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread, good wishes for csarina's recovery and hugs to those who need them.
    Another wonky balance day here so wheels not aired and attire-wise it is just as well I live alone lol!
    Must try and get my act together and sweep the floors as they are thick with dog hair and dust bunnies, will do a room at a time and sit down in between.
    Easy freezer rake for dinner tonight after LO mince on toast for lunch so little prep or washing up to do.
    Hope everyone has a good evening x
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I have been spending the last couple of days looking out information for a family holiday five day break in April. So far have the info on Pompeii, Herculaneum and an ancient temple site called Pasteum as well as a drive to Solerno and have to find places we would enjoy for another couple of days. I want to try to find a balance of activity so it is catering to us all and giving a variety of experiences.

    The first library training session was yesterday afternoon and I enjoyed it very much. A U3A introductory meeting is next Tuesday morning which I am looking forward to.

    csarina

    I hope you are back home soon and feel much better.

    Feeling very guilty as I paid to get the double oven professionally cleaned a few days ago. He has made a really good job of it (unscrewed the back and everything) and I know that at the moment the amount of scrubbing away at the oven would not be something I could cope with as I still get a bit breathless.

    Seeing older dd tomorrow and helping her look for a swimsuit so she can go weekly and get fit. Will have a coffee and a natter and a browse round other shops as well.

    Hester

    I am so excited about your boat :j:j:j:j Can you tell us what the new name will be - or is it a breach of safety etc? In which case we would all understand.

    Family loved the home made steak and ale pie last Sunday and also the sausage and onion in potato pastry on Tuesday. SIL sent a thank you message for the portion I gave him for Wednesday's lunch which was sweet of him.

    Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    csarina glad you are ok now slow down missus life is not a race ,be kind to yourself and take it easy xx

    NRA travel safely and look after yourself and your Dad he will need all your strength, I wish her a peaceful passing with no pain xx

    Weather not been brilliant today ,lots of rain and cold winds but at least its getting lighter in the evenings now.

    All monthly banking done and dusted and still not spent any cash yet on food .delving into existing stocks :):):0
    Take care all and have a good weekend .
    My DD and her OH have gone off to their caravan for the weekend ,barking mad in this weather ,but they enjoy it

    Cheers chums keep warm and dry if you can

    JackieO xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,928 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Elona, we stayed in Salerno for a week a couple of years ago and were very impressed. We left the car parked at the hotel and went everywhere by public transport. The trains are great, easy journeys to Naples, Pompeii and Herculaneum. we took a boat across to Capri and a bus along the Amalfi Coast (not for the faint hearted but great fun).
  • I am home again, feeling better thank heavens. It seems I have had a nasty virus. The Dr also showed me the report on my MRI scan, it looks as if things are not as bad as I was lead to believe.

    I've been in bed for most of the day, just got up to give the bed a chance to air. Mostly drinking, going to try some fish, potato and peas for supper.

    Thank you for all the kind messages, I do appreciate them.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    csarina

    Glad you are home and hope you mean "keeping hydrated" rather than drinking (hic) ;) Make sure you rest and listen to your body pet.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,644 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Csarina,glad to hear you are home,rest up when you can.
    NRA,thinking of you at this sad time,hope your DSM passing is peaceful.
    xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 9,432 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Elona I've always wanted to go to Positano, after being given a jigsaw of the place around 30 odd years ago! Also some friends of ours got married in Sorrento, which apparently is very pretty to wander around.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
    2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.