We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Friday 3 March 2017

nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
edited 3 March 2017 at 7:41AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Friday 3 March 2017



This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.


Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now light here, cloudy and blustery temperature has really dropped, it was bitter last night.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy - the pie was big, but the menfolk all had second helpings so none left. Tonight I'm not sure what we're having but possibly something and chips, so nice and easy for a Friday night. Today I'll be heading to the SM first thing, then I'll be getting stuck into the ironing - this didn't get done yesterday. Spent quite a while on the phone yesterday to the tax office trying to sort out my tax code, still not sorted but hoping I'll make headway today with them.

I did have a very quick hoover and tidy through, but it was only a skim clean just couldn't get myself into it. Hoping at least today to sort tax code, do the ironing, and do some baking/cooking. The WM didn't stop all day yesterday and I got drying done too, so whilst I feel like I didn't get much done I did get stuff done.

Felt very low yesterday morning for a while, but managed not to let it overwhelm me, and felt brighter in the afternoon, but I'm worrying about the tax code thing, need to get it sorted and as always with these things there's a deadline, will try my hardest today to get it sorted, I can stop worrying about it then.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
«134

Comments

  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Morning all

    Thanks for the thread NMLC, Dumpling I hope you are warm soon, Csarina, get well soon I hope you aren't in hospital for too long. Hugs to anyone else in need.

    I've been reading along but not posting much as I've been really busy, the boat should be ours by the beginning of next week, there are a few small jobs need doing to get her through her boat safety exam, she's being renamed whilst she's out the water and she's been blacked, the new stove is being fitted and then the rest of the jobs including the solar panels my L&M can do. He's bought the paint, the lettering and the tape, he's going to be busy!

    Time I set off for work, but I'm only there foe a couple of hours, then back to take my L&M for an MRI scan, then I return to work for the rest of the day.

    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Morning folks and thanks for the start NMLC. It's amazing how early it's starting to get light all of a sudden. I was concerned to read that CSARINA has been taken into hospital and hope they can sort her out and get her back on her feet quickly. Best wishes CSARINA.

    It's the usual Friday clean round in store for me. What a treat, I can't contain my excitement! The fedupness of yesterday is still with me and today I intend to give myself a good talking to. What I can change I will and what I can't I must cope with better.

    Top of the agenda, now the weather is hopefully improving, is the kitchen, which really should be the first job. We have got so used to washing up now we wonder whether to bother replacing the dishwasher in a new kitchen. It would give us more cupboard space which is much needed. It's only when we have company or the DGDs that we end up with mountains of washing up! When just the two of us it's kept on top of easily enough. Will ponder on that!

    I am still wading through the contents of the freezers and cupboards and I can't believe how much food is still out there! Why do I have this need to stockpile! Today's meals will be decided on when I see what appeals out there.

    Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad and worried. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Morning All

    Dry but a bit misty this morning, some of the rain showers yesterday were biblical - just when I was in the car too.

    Went to DDs after work again, the traffic at that time of day is so awful I don't know how anyone does the commute along the M8 every day. Not going tonight, I'll have a whole day tomorrow to sort everything out, I think the painting is done, will have to check when I get there, then to clear all the mess I've made and try to fix the blind that kind of fell apart when I was trying to take it down, at least it's in the spare room.

    Friday at last, early finish for me, I think there are drinks after work so will go along for an hour to be sociable.

    Exciting times HH, willl you be moving in on Monday?
    Get well soon csarina.
    Hope everything gets sorted out for you dumpling.

    Happy Friday, take care. XX
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2017 at 6:15PM
    Morning all,


    Tipping with rain here and supposed to be all day, off to work for me but its Friday :j and my weekend off.


    Got some mince out of the freezer so will make a chilli tonight its a big pack of mince so will cook it all and save half for next week.


    Tomorrow morning Evie has got her haircut and we need to nip to the local shop which sells buckets etc as I have promised OH a new bucket if he washes my car :D :rotfl:


    Hester I cant wait to hear what the boat is being called ! when will you be moving in ?


    I hops csarina is ok xx


    Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Morning all,

    Csarina concerned to hear that your in hospital. Get well soon. Much love. xxx

    Didn't get half as much done as I wanted to yesterday. Things and people kept cropping up. Hoping to get more spring cleaning done today. Need to pop down the Post Office again too.

    Talking about the Post Office, I got a gentle reminder of how unfit I am. I've been concentrating on toning my body rather than fitness and walking up the hill from the Post Office gave me a gentle reminder of my fitness level. More cardio workouts needed I think.

    Onwards and forwards

    Have a great day all
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Good morning everyone, thank you for the thread nmlc.

    Best wishes to Deleted_User, hoping that you will be on the mend soon.

    TA I have never had a dishwasher, I would love to have one but have never quite managed to justify the expense. That sounds slightly critical but not meant to be, in our last house, OH designed the kitchen and that didn't include a dishwasher. To have one, I would have needed to get rid of the washing machine and tumbledrier and replace them with a machine that does both and I never thought that woukd work for me. It was a large kitchen but clearly designed by a man, sorry Speky.

    O am loving the longer days, so up-cheering. My daffodils are budding in their pot.

    Today I will visit a friend, that's an hour each way (girds loins for bus) and I will be cooking and cleaning out the kitchen, a thankless job since O.H cooks as well as me and is not the tidiest of cooks. I plan to make a loaf too, to have with pasta bake and salad.

    Time to get going on the washing, I did two loads yesterday but there are still three to do, my next plan is to try restricting DS to one pair of socks and pants each day. I have tried this in the past and it did work for about three days, then he reverted to the usual pattern. Oh well, it isn't the end of the world.

    Hope everyone has a good day and that Dumpling's heating and hot water isn't off for long.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning,

    Nmlc thank you for the thread.

    Hester how exciting, soon you will have your new boat all to yourselves, it must feel wonderful, a dream come true!

    Csarina sorry you are unwell, get well soon.

    Hugs to all who need them and well wishes to the poorlies. Keep warm, the weather has turned cold again!

    Just up for shopping delivery and straight back to bed with hot water and lemon. Pilates at 10 then pottering and tidying day. Tonight I have friends coming round for wine and cheese party, luckily no cooking to be done other than preparing a couple of salads. I texted everybody to let them know I would not be serving hot food, so if they want a hot meal they need to eat before coming here!

    Have a good day.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Update - friend has just called to let me know that she's streaming with cold so I will put my visit back to towards the end of next week as it took me weeks to get rid of the last one. I think friend and I passed it back and forth. A shame and I don't like cancelling but we do usually give each other the choice of meeting or not if one of us is unwell.

    Hester, I meant to post this, you must be so excited, we can all hum boaty songs down our monitors and tablets for you!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    I feel like i did 10 rounds with Mike Tyson after dog training but we will get there the others were doing sit stay we were stuck at just sit there next to me for more than 10 seconds before turning into a barking dervish, by the end Dolly managed to sit quietly next to me for a few minutes so progress she enjoyed the agility and wasn't too barky as she had to concentrate
    HH yay for the boat what are you going to call her and will there be a naming ceremony with champagne and cake?
    Ruby you are spoiling OH dont let him tell the other OH's as they might all want a new bucket
    Waiting in today as the man is coming to put a burglar alarm in we have been thinking about it for a while but DH is a ditherer so i have booked it and it will be done today
    Ironing is all done so just the towels n bedding today as we have a busy weekend
    Out tonite with dog walkers to see Jersey Boys at the local theatre then Sunday we are off to my Aunties 80th for a vintage afternoon tea and line dancing I hope there is something strong in the tea or i can't see me dancing i have no rhythm at all and i forget the steps.
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Morning folks

    csarina hope you are much better and home soon.

    Dumpling so sorry your boiler wasn't fixed yesterday..got my fingers crossed that it will be today. Deep breaths!

    Hester when are we all invited for the boat warming and christening ceremony..I'll bring a bottle :D

    So much for this healthy eating lark. I steamed a load of mixed veg last night to have with dinner and the whole flat still reeks of leeks! :(

    I've got all my windows open trying to blast the smell out but it seems to just be lingering...Deep clean required but no time today as work :( beckons. Thank goodness it's Friday...wait..it is friday isn't it :eek::rotfl:

    Have a good day all and take care :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.