We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Friday 3 March 2017

24

Comments

  • Update - friend has just called to let me know that she's streaming with cold so I will put my visit back to towards the end of next week as it took me weeks to get rid of the last one. I think friend and I passed it back and forth. A shame and I don't like cancelling but we do usually give each other the choice of meeting or not if one of us is unwell.

    Hester, I meant to post this, you must be so excited, we can all hum boaty songs down our monitors and tablets for you!

    *sings* What did Hester do with the drunken sailor.....!!!:rotfl::D
    :j[DFW Nerd club #1142 Proud to be dealing with my debt:TDMP start date April 2012. Amount £21862:eek:April 2013 = £20414:T April 2014 = £11000 :TApril 2015 = £9500 :T April 2016 = £7200:T
    DECEMBER 2016 - Due to moving house/down-sizing NO MORTGAGE; NO OVERDRAFT; NO DEBTS; NO CREDIT CARDS; NO STORE-CARDS; NO LOANS = FREEDOM:j:j:beer::j:j:T:T
  • Morning, (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

    Thanks for the good wishes, I was carted off after yesterday became a step too far....... Checked over, heart ok, I also got a partial result from my MRI scan, things may not be as bad as first thought. I am being collected shortly to return home. Conclusion........they think it was a virus as my wbc was raised slightly. I certainly feel better this morning. Will not be knocking the world over for a few days.

    Not a nice morning, it's raining.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    *sings* What did Hester do with the drunken sailor.....!!!:rotfl::D
    She threw him overboard along with her ex and her hubbys horrid family.:D

    Good to know it was nothing more serious Csarina.

    Early post for me. An appointment for my boobs to be slapped inbetween 2 metal plates. Ouch. I know my smear will be following it. Doesnt seem like 2 minutes since the last one. Dunno whats worse, having me boobs pressed and squeezed or having some young kid looking up me chuff. For goodness sake woman, have you never seen an oldish (i use the word losely for vanity's sake) woman whose given birth 6 times? Mind you, in all seriousness i am so grateful to the NHS for looking out for my best interests. May God bless her and all who sail in her.... The same applies to Hesters boat. :)

    Dogs aint gonna get bathed today, its peeing down and cold. I'm waiting for a break in the showers to go to the Post Office.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • HoneyBee83
    HoneyBee83 Posts: 361 Forumite
    edited 3 March 2017 at 11:44AM
    Good Morning OSers,
    Hugs to anyone who needs or wants one.

    It is pouring down here! Buckets and buckets of the stuff :( Really wanted to hang my bed sheets out to dry this morning- no chance!
    Will have to see how things go this weekend i guess, it is looking like i will be having the heating on to dry washing :mad:
    This month i am reigning in my spends - i am terribly guilty of popping for lunches and coffee on a whim, so new spending diary started, really want to see my savings gather :T
    I get paid Monday and my child tax credits came today so time to divide amounts into envelopes. DD needs a few things clothes wise and I squirrel a little from credits towards her new school uniform in Sept-That is what it is for after all.
    Wage wise,other than normal D/Ds leaving, I hope not to touch anymore than our allocated spend amount. I would like to see more in the account at the end of the month than I currently do, this is a long month tho so I must be organised!!
    HM pizza for tea this evening with salad bits and possibly HM potato wedges. Will let DD pick the film choice.
    I need to pop to Morrisons for pet food after work but that is it...I will go in looking at the floor- no impulse buys allowed.

    Right, time to earn these pennies that I am dedicated to saving more of :p
    Have good days all.
    Emergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
    Savings Pot £1,440.00
    Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/6000
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,747 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Morning all.
    Another one here with lots and lots of rain:(
    Have stripped the bed and it's dancing in the washing machine as I type, only thing is it will have to be dried indoors. Why o why didn't I do it yesterday when it could have been put out on the whirly!
    The parade on Wed was lovely and the sounds of the children singing Canon Lan brought a lump to my throat. Had to bring the Grandchildren home with me because grandson had hurt his neck trying to do a handstand! Anyway he's OK, we think he just cricked it.
    Csarina glad that you're ok but take things easy for a while.
    Have a good Friday everyone
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello All
    Glad you are on the mend Csarina, HH really pleased for you and L+M really the boat
    Read every day but post little
    We have just dropped DMIL at BIL. As have had call from my dad to say my D step mum is on her final journey
    We are driving up as I type have booked hotel for DH but I will stay with dad until the time comes
    It's so sad they have only been married 5 years but have both been very happy
    Sorry to put a damper but needed to "talk" to someone
    NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014, Mortgage free June 2022
    #No16 2025 52 week envelope challenge-£1166/£1378
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Pouring down here in not so sunny Shropshire too, another one who has a load of washing to dry:(

    Been and done the Friday shop, just free range eggs from the market, fresh bread, return some library books and a sneaky tea and scones to cheer us up. OH went to Health Centre for blood test, nice and quick, no delays there.

    Back home and psyching myself up to do my weekly nasty jabs, then lunch and a visit to DM, it's her birthday today, will call in the garden centre on the way, hoping to find a nice planted up pot, if not she will have to have an IOU.

    Deleted_User - I hope that you are soon tucked up warm and dry at home, do try and rest if you can, the virus doing the rounds this winter do seem particularly viscious:eek:

    Judi - had to laugh at your description of the screenings, funny, but so true:D

    Dumpling - I do hope that your boiler etc is fixed today, you must be so fed up with it all by now.

    Last, but not least thank you nmlc for the new thread.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 9,430 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    NRA hope it is a peaceful journey. Big hug from soggy Blackpool winging its way to you xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇⭐
    2025 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐
  • NRA (HUGS) for you at this sad time. Hope the end is a peaceful one when it comes.

    CSARINA glad you are feeling more positive and things not as bad as feared. This winter has a lot to answer for with all the nasty bugs flying around.

    We avoided the rain until lunchtime and then it started hitting the front window. That's a bad sign as it usually heralds snow when it hits the front. Oh please no!

    xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 13,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Afternoon - a late post from me today as I was up and at 'em early doors. Had to go and 'fix' a neighbours Mac, all that it needed was new batteries in the keyboard. I know next to nothing about Macs so I'm pleased that it was easy.

    Then back to the uni offices to sort out the bloomin' mess of papers I'd been sent to IV, two long pdf documents with a random order of scanning so that the work from six students wasn't all in the same place. Grrr... done now!

    I had lunch in our local museum which reopened for the season on Wedneday, I like to support them when I can. Had very tasty venison burger made by a company in Dunoon.

    Now I'm home, the sun is blazing without any heat again. Rain is forecast for the weekend so I'm making the most of it all with the door wide open again. I need to go upstairs to retrieve my base layer as it's not warm enough without it.

    Last night I woke up at about 1.00am and notice the broadband hub was red instead of blue. Phone BT got an agent who spent ages checking my line, that was OK, checking my router, that was OK - so he'll send out an engineer on Tuesday. As I was wide awake I removed the router and put on a new one (yes, there are two new ones in the house for when the electrical storm fries them) and that was red too. Put the old one back on, read for while and then fell asleep. When I woke the hub is back to blue. My neighbours reported theirs was wonky too.

    I've got to go out tonight to spend an hour at the football club checking PVG forms for the new coaches. Last time I did it was in winter and it was horrible, at least it'll be lighter now.

    Off... glad to read that Csarina is coming home. :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.