Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Grr, I wrote things just as MSE decided to request another password change, and I lost the post!

Here goes again:

Work went okay. I had my return to work interview with a manager who had spent the weekend suffering from the same bug.

I did some bits of shopping despite the bitter cold, went to my piano lesson and ate pancakes for tea.

Spends for 13/02/18:
    Book £2.81
    Piano lesson £10.00
    Stationery £3.50
    Clothing £1.00
    Medical £3.29
    Housekeeping £9.50
    Train fare (to reclaim from estate) £54.06
    MS stuff:
    Used my CC to pay the train fare, meaning I get a few pence on 'points'. Claimed it back from the estate right away and paid the CC back. :)
    Belatedly took meter readings but at least that means the utilities will have a recent reading so their estimates won't be too far out.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'm not used to posting from my phone so let's see if this works!

I've spent most of the afternoon and evening doing jobs around Mum's old house: so nice to have working heating and a washing machine. I really need a bit of an early night though.

A couple of small spends in the village but no receipts so this is from memory.

Spends:
    Decorating stuff to reclaim from the estate £7.54
    Housekeeping £1.80

• NoOneAround
    Options
    I'm not used to posting from my phone so let's see if this works!

I've spent most of the afternoon and evening doing jobs around Mum's old house: so nice to have working heating and a washing machine. I really need a bit of an early night though.

A couple of small spends in the village but no receipts so this is from memory.

Spends:
    Decorating stuff to reclaim from the estate £7.54
    Housekeeping £1.80

Hi Cherry,
    Glad you are feeling a little better, make sure you don't overdo it working on your mum's house. :)
    Cheap and cheerful temp shelving is a good idea as an interim, annoying though to have to deal with something that was not priority at the moment.

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    How are you doing now OBL? Coughing that won't stop doesn't sound like the best basis for going back to work, I must say... just a wee bit concerned about you. :) Mind you I've had that thing where you get better in the doctor's waiting room: embarrassing :D.

Here's to your good health coming back soon and permanently. :)
    Hi, sorry I didn’t see this post,I’ve been back to work for two shifts now and it’s been ok I went back on Thursday and i think that was the day I started to turn the corner,I’m feeling so much better now,I still have a slight cough but it’s nearly gone now,hopefully I have had my quota of cold bugs for this year,I’ve been dosing myself up with vitamins :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'm back! I've gone and left my receipts where fetching them will wake DH but I know I spent a few pounds over 14th and 15th, then 16th, 17th and 18th have been NSDs.

I got quite a bit of sorting done at Mum's house, no decorating, a couple of bags of rubbish and a bag for charity... it all seems like a big effort for little return but FWIW I found my missing premium bond certificates! Those have been gone for years so although I'm sure a letter would have turned up at some point if I'd won something, at least I have a slightly higher likelihood of benefitting from them than when they were at the back of a drawer.

Talking of drawers, I emptied three and made a start on a couple of others. That's got to count for something, hasn't it? I also found a box of my Dad's photos of family from before I was born, which have been fascinating to explore. I was able to show DS2 his great, great grandfather in one.

This weekend and tomorrow are work but I will probably do some food shopping tomorrow. I spent less than £10 on food last week so handed the remaining £30 to DH to pay for Sunday lunch and whatever other bits are needed. I was very good and lived mostly off supplies at the house, only buying milk and cheese while there. It proves that online order wasn't needed at all!

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    A small but rather indulgent grocery shop today - I only had a chocolate biscuit for lunch so I succumbed to a supermarket sandwich which was okay but not amazing. Certainly not worth over £2 unless you look at it from the point of view of the pig who is no more because of the ham in it... then I suppose £2 is very small value for a life. :( I really should go back to being vegetarian, the number of times I have thought similarly recently.

It's MS too. :)

I also bought a couple of items for work, some unnecessary lemons because they were being marked down and a carrier bag, Definitely shouldn't be let out unsupervised some days.

Interestingly I was looking for something in the freezer and found DS2's drawer is stuffed full of Quorn. Either he's on Lent, or his friend who is vegan is influencing him or he's discovered it's better for him than the usual mince he likes so much. I'd better not ask: these things need to happen without being noticed by parents, if you see what I mean.

In more postive news, I went for a run. :)

Spends:
    Housekeeping £6.62
    MS stuff:
    Not a lot really.
    Confession time:
    Bought sandwich when I already had a meal ready for work!
    Bought lemons when we already have a bag full.
    Didn't bring enough carriers so ended up paying for one.

• Cherryfudge
    edited 21 February 2018 at 11:25PM
    Options
    A terribly lazy day today, so I feel a bit guilty. I did need a rest though and at least I've done loads of washing and a spot of ironing, mended the guinea pig's run and went to the shops, where I bumped into DH. That was very handy as I hadn't got any cash out so he paid (:D) but that will leave him short so when I get my share out I'll pay him back. So not really an NSD.

My piano lesson was cancelled today so I'm going to transfer the £10 to the mortgage. :)

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Doesn't sound like that lazy a day! Any day where laundry and ironing gets done is somewhat productive in my world.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A small but rather indulgent grocery shop today - I only had a chocolate biscuit for lunch so I succumbed to a supermarket sandwich which was okay but not amazing. Certainly not worth over £2 unless you look at it from the point of view of the pig who is no more because of the ham in it... then I suppose £2 is very small value for a life. :( I really should go back to being vegetarian, the number of times I have thought similarly recently.

It's MS too. :)

I also bought a couple of items for work, some unnecessary lemons because they were being marked down and a carrier bag, Definitely shouldn't be let out unsupervised some days.

Interestingly I was looking for something in the freezer and found DS2's drawer is stuffed full of Quorn. Either he's on Lent, or his friend who is vegan is influencing him or he's discovered it's better for him than the usual mince he likes so much. I'd better not ask: these things need to happen without being noticed by parents, if you see what I mean.

In more postive news, I went for a run. :)

Spends:
    Housekeeping £6.62
    MS stuff:
    Not a lot really.
    Confession time:
    Bought sandwich when I already had a meal ready for work!
    Bought lemons when we already have a bag full.
    Didn't bring enough carriers so ended up paying for one.

I thought chocolate biscuits for lunch was normal.

Quorn is my nemesis. It's probably what I do with it but it always tastes vile.

Lemon curd with the lemons perhaps? Yum.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Lemon curd is a brilliant idea thanks! I have lots of jars... I've never made it before so it should be interesting. :D

I am sitting here trying to get my head around money stuff. Not my best area. I have paid the Utilities for Mum's old house (pretty horrendous :(. I tell myself it had to be dried out and winter is going to be the worst bill). As the house is empty I still don't have to pay CT or water or TV, thankfully.

We had lunch out today which was lovely but too filling! On the way home I noticed a place selling 'vintage furniture' which could be worth investigating for some of the surplus furniture from Mum's house.

I have been out three times this week without properly sorting which budget the money was coming from so I am going to sit down with pen, receipts and the back of an envelope right now (said she, decisively) and work it out. Expect a post with multiple edits.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport