Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Cherry :) I love rainbows. They never cease to fill me with awe.

Hairy - thanks from me too as I was backing up my diary so slow painful way - but using the printable view was so much quicker :)

NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad I could help NOA :)

It always feel good to get on top of household jobs Cherry. I love working my way through a to do list. I even add things to it that I've already done so I can tick it off :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Also worth noting that if you subscribe (or unsubscribe and resubscribe to see the options) you can have an email digest sent daily so you have an ongoing record once you have done the tedious copy of the print view.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Payday :)

I was at work for much of it so didn't get to the shops but I've done some money moving: the £23.51 left in my wages when the new lot went in is now safely paid towards the mortgage. I have paid the credit card for my train fare out of the Exec account. Nothing spent directly at the shops but DS got us more printer ink so I've given him a tenner.

DH got dinner, so I haven't got any money out for this week's house keeping yet - and we owe the milkman something like £54! He keeps missing us apparently, so that will be a cheque in the post.

I have a tiny bit more space in my kitchen as DD is inheriting the blender now I have one in the food processor. While I'm terrible at decluttering, it was quite nice to get it all clean and shiny ready for her.

Spends:
    Stationery £10.00
    Mortgage overpayment £23.51
    MS stuff:
    Too tired to shop after work!
    Finally got my December timesheet sent in: that will be about £70 (before tax) over basic pay due to a couple of sleep ins. (For those who've seen sleep in pay in the news, my employer hasn't yet been started to pay the new rate. Hopefully that will come).
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • charlies_tribe
    Options
    Hope you've had a good day today.
    I've not seen the sleep in thing but i know when i used to sleep in at work many years ago, i could never really settle and sleep anyway. Hope it happens soon if it'll mean your better off.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    It would be amazing to have the extra money - I don't do many sleeps but it all mounts up and can make all the difference for some people. However it's going to be very expensive to cough up for back pay - last I heard there was talk of the Government helping out because otherwise some organisations will go to the wall :(.

That said, sleeping at work is generally not quality sleep, and now that only people with higher needs are being funded to use our service, one gets woken more often. I'm usually completely disorientated: all I know is an alarm's going off and I couldn't immediately tell what it's for so I appear (bed head and pyjamas) hoping the waking night person is mentally good enough for two. :D

Okay... spending. :) Needless to say I have now dented the week's housekeeping money though some of it was very good value (like coffee). I went to three different shops as I had to be in a different part of town anyway.

1/2/18Spends:
    Housekeeping £6.07
    MS stuff:
    Lots of food bargains
    Batch baked some patties for lunches using half price Quark and various other things

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi,told you I was going to be nosey😀 I must say I’m very inspired and reassured after reading some of your diary,I especially got lots of ideas for food budgeting,I’m only feeding myself and at the moment have a budget of £40 a week for food and household stuff I think I can make saving here for sure,I’ve been on a diet anyway so I’m learning to cook without using jars which is definitely cheaper,I’ve also realised that now I’m on a strict budget my house is going to be sparkling clean as I won’t be gallivanting off to coffee shops and town for pointless shopping trips:rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Thanks for dropping in, Onebrokelady, glad you are finding the joys of cheap food (if oats became expensive I'd have a major re-think coming).

Just a quick trip to the supermarket after work tonight as we were out of yogurt etc. and I needed to increase my step count (though my colleagues are still ahead of me and likely to remain so!) I did manage a short run before work though which was nice. DH is right when he says that however hard it is to get out there, he's never regretted it.

It was lovely walking in the moonlight this evening. I saw the super blood moon the other day and most of it is still there, and while it was cold, the light from the moon and dry pavements and the good hormones buzzing around from exercise earlier gave me a real feeling that spring is on the way.

Spends:
    Housekeeping £2.79
    MS stuff:
    Another helping of my cheesy lentil bake for lunch and muesli with yogurt for tea.

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    By the way, can anyone tell me please why I am getting strings of numbers in certain posts? Are robots taking over now the spam button has gone? :D

• redofromstart
    Options
    I noticed that, think it is punctuation marks

can't
    shan't
    will not

ETA ha ha, not doing it now. Was earlier...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback