We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

O/S Daily Thursday 2 March 2017

124»

Comments

  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,842 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Caterina - my dh used to live near Blackheath before we got married & now we live near Epping. I can understand why you wouldn't want to move, I used to love to walk to Greenwich park.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,177 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I popped in and read a few blogs a little while ago and was concerned to see this "Normal service will be resumed asap. (name of blogger) is in hospital." on Deleted_User's blog, I do hope that she will be O.K.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Caterina wrote: »
    FBO and Topsyturphy I live 10 minutes walk from Greenwich Park! It is such a glorious place, I feel so lucky to live in this wonderful part of London. It is one of the reasons why I have dragged my feet for years about wanting/not wanting to downsize and move somewhere else.

    Born and brought up in Blackheath. Had my wedding reception at The Painted Hall. My parents still live on Lee Terrace and are doing the same - huge house. Far too big, but don't want to move. Fine by me- it makes a great bolt hole now I can travel. Back on Sunday after my jaunt to east anglia.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Lived in Blackheath from 1944-57 and went to school at All Saints, spent lots of hours in Greenwich Park as a child ,In the summer holidays it was the greatest place in the world to play and if it rained then in the the Maritime museum to explore and look at Nelson's bloodstained uniform :)

    Hope csarina is OK

    JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.