We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thursday 2 March 2017
Comments
-
Good morning,
Not posting a lot these days, don't worry if you don't see me around, I am trying to keep busy, and succeeding even a bit too much!
I will be back when I have a minute to read the threads, but meanwhile sending hugs to all and well wishes to the poorlies xxFinally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).0 -
Morning chums
Off in a bit to first dog training lesson will probably be in for the same show of disdain as shown by your dog RR glad you are enjoying the car
Dumpling well done on keeping the anxiety down you have come a long way x
Tru yayy for the hens freedom
Right better run have a great day whatever you are up to x0 -
Good morning all,
Nice and crisp morning here in the central belt.
Pleased to hear I am getting a pay rise of £1,000. Equates to like £70 a month but it's better than nothing. Happy days.
Late night at work last night meant a) I couldn't prepare lunch for today and b) getting up at 5.30am for the gym was a bit of a struggle.
Given the lack of lunch, today won't be a NSD. Dinner tonight at my grans which will be lovely, as always. She phoned me yesterday evening to check we were still on and told me dinner was a surprise. My goodness, I love that woman.
Tomorrow I depart Glasgow for Liverpool on my best friends stag do, back on Sunday afternoon, probably with a slightly sore head.
So until I'm back to full fitness, have a super weekend everyone.
Gers - I've a feeling I stopped off there for lunch last summer when I was golfing in Campbeltown. Can't remember the place exactly though. Now that I type this, I realise it was a pointless post haha. Enjoy your lunch!
RR- Fresh pineapple? No way? I suffer from coldsores usually in the winter and I hate the !!!!!!s. Didn't know that could help. Thank you.0 -
Morning. Off to visit my godmother today in Bridge. Jackie I think you and she are related. Although she never had family she's an 85? Yr old tornado. My best friend from a young age strangely enough.
I will take her out to the village pub tonight. Otherwise we will just chinwag solidly from lunchtime today until mid morning tomorrow before I continue on my travels to Cambridge.
Greenwich park is beautiful at the moment. I saw a wonderful camellia when I was running yesterday.
Tru glad to hear the chickens are free finally.Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o0 -
Morning all,
the sun is shining and i'm in spring cleaning mode. Beds are going to be moved or vacuumed behind (cant move the double bed by myself) but youngests bed will be easy enough. Mattresses already vacuumed ... I'm on a roll!
Dont think ive got the energy to clean windows though and bathing the dogs might have to wait for another day. Its certainly warm enough to bath them. I might do one today and the other tomorrow, we will see.
Need to pop down the Post Office at some point too.
Tiredmum2 enjoy your dog training lesson. My two will only do something for food. In between they get picked up a lot (but they are only small (ish). 'Blackun' is the size of a cat and Ginge is a bit taller and longer.
Best get cracking, the washer has just stopped.
Onwards and forwards,
have a great day all.This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
I have cleaned the bathroom and now it is relatively sparkly (given that this place is so dilapidated and I am not paying for things like bath panels and blinds which are the landlord's responsibility) but it does reek of bleach and probably I do too.
I'm not doing the kitchen, that can be for tomorrow.
I've got a cup of tea, and there is one lonely little flapjack left in the tin.I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0 -
Well what do they say about all the best laid plans an' all that. The house is upside down and 'Prodigal' has just been for a feed. I sat down with him for awhile and now i'm struggling to get motivated again. I'm annoyed with him, he's taken the plaster cast off his leg. He said he'd rather be in pain than have to lump the plaster cast round with him. It wasnt much of a break granted but the plaster cast was put on for a reason.... What was the point in wasting valuable hospital resources if he wasnt going to continue with the treatment set aside for him. I am now visualizing lameness from his bone not setting properly in the future (thats if it ever gets better at all).
He's now gone for a job interview and has to hobble 2 miles without a plaster cast or his crutches.... Idiot!
He's ok though apart from that.... Apart from falling out with his older brother again... but thats ok, i think they were both bad for each other anyway.
Youngest has been at college the last few days doing his exams. Back to work for him today... red brick dust everywhere tonight.:mad: Still. i'm proud to say ive never seen him so focused.
Youngest daughter went for her scan yesterday. My Granddaughter is perfect and yes, she is still a Granddaughter not a Grandson. Not that it matters but ive been buying bits and pieces in pink.
Think i'll vegetate a bit..This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Good morning all,
Sun is shining but still rather cold out today.
I'm at work and dying to go home thanks to women's troubles
:( I just want my pjs and a huge bar of chocolate!
Looking forward to the weekend as I have decided to go on an adventure with DD and pooch. We are going to explore the woods just up the road from us - weather permitting of course! We'll take a few snacks too. I went alot last summer and really can't wait to get back out. I have become rather boring of late and just sitting about or going for lunches, time to tighten my belt and get fitter :T Wish we could go further a field but without a car that is impossible.
Think it is almost time for lunch, my stomach is rumbling.
Not sure on tea tonight, we ended up having take away last night as mother wasn't feeling well, must cook this evening...might do a pasta dish with veggies, meal plan is totally out of the window this week, but these things happen I guess.
Right, sandwich time!
Take care allEmergency Savings #73 = £1,500/£2,000
Savings Pot £1,440.00
Xmas 2018=£100/£300 Australia =£0.00/60000 -
Lovely day here, sunny, chilly and a little windy. Miniature daffs and crocus are looking so cheerful, makes me smile each time I pass them.
Done my PT session this morning and my lovely trainer has changed some of my exercises to help me more with some everyday things like getting in and out of my chair, it is quite low and I was telling him how I felt that I should not replace it with something higher as that would make my muscles work less. He said that I let him know other things that I struggle with so that he can suggest other things, it would be lovely if I could get legs strong enough to get up from being sat in the bath, not had one for about a year:(
Got a couple of worrying health things going on in the family, trying hard not to give way and get too low, but the niggles will not go away until some matters are resolved for them.
I hope that everyone is having a good day, take care those that are struggling one way or another.The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)0 -
I will happily endorse RR's suggestion of pineapple for mouth ulcers and cold sores. I've tried it (at her suggestion) and it does work.:o
I buy pineapples when they have them reduced on the market, get Mr LW to cut them up, then freeze them, so I always have some to hand.
There's also the added bonus that pineapple is delicious!
If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

