We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O/S Daily Thursday 2 March 2017
nmlc
Posts: 4,788 Forumite
O/S Daily Thursday 2 March 2017
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that need/want one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was beef stew and dumplings, mash, carrots and broccolli, a good size portion was kept and is now safely in the freezer, and DH did have second helpings. I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost which is now defrosted and in the fridge, this will be made in to HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy.
Work yesterday was another busy day - the job I was doing was busy too, I'm going to work on Saturday, someone else don't want to work, so I grabbed the extra as DH came home Monday night and the boss had already asked if he could work this Saturday! so then when the opportunity arose for me I took it.
I'm now on days' off - I have all the normal "to do" list - so will need to get cracking with that. I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the bank and building society.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Morning everyone
Hugs to those that need/want one x
Happy birthday to those with a birthday x
DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.
Dinner last night was beef stew and dumplings, mash, carrots and broccolli, a good size portion was kept and is now safely in the freezer, and DH did have second helpings. I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost which is now defrosted and in the fridge, this will be made in to HM chicken, bacon and mushroom pie, mash, veg and gravy.
Work yesterday was another busy day - the job I was doing was busy too, I'm going to work on Saturday, someone else don't want to work, so I grabbed the extra as DH came home Monday night and the boss had already asked if he could work this Saturday! so then when the opportunity arose for me I took it.
I'm now on days' off - I have all the normal "to do" list - so will need to get cracking with that. I'll be heading into town first thing to visit the bank and building society.
Keep safe and well x
nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
0
Comments
-
Morning All
Thanks for the thread nmlc.
Glorious weather yesterday, sadly it's damp and chilly this morning.
Went to DDs after work to do a bit more painting, I think I may get this done before Sunday when she returns from holiday. I'll probably go back tonight then have Saturday to clean up the mess I've made!
Not much else happening, washing done last night when I got home, will need to spend some time doing some housework here at some point.
Hope you all have a good day. RR, hope you enjoy your new car. tru - may the hens be running free! How's the work coming along dumpling? Marie, how are you? Take care. XX0 -
Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.
Wide awake unusual for me, it's just starting to get light so no chance of reading. OH is rocketing round the bed, I am too warm to get out and go in the other room.
Lovely day yesterday, forecast is for a duller day today, I have a basket full of washing, might shove part of it in, will see when I get up.
A slightly better day yesterday. I take the last of the antib's today, will see how I am once they clear my system, will be going back to see the Dr.0 -
Morng folks and thanks NMLC for the start. The overnight rain has stopped and we are forecast sunny spells for the rest of the day. Still chilly of course! Our caravan site opened yesterday for the new season but we are not even thinking about setting up and taking things back until it warms up a bit! Probably nearer the end of March.
It's the calm before the storm here. Two of the DGDs are still asleep but will be to waken shortly. Youngest beside me watching My Knight and Me. It's Book Day today and the theme this year is Harry Potter. Youngest is going in her witches outfit with pointy hat and middle one as Hermione Granger. with big black cape/coat and all the accessories. I had to put loads of plaits in her hair last night so today it will be wild and curly like Hermione's (sp?). Well that's the idea anyway!!
Had a good night as always at the carvery and the wine flowed well. One of our number will be leaving us soon as she has sold her house here and signed up for a new apartment in a complex for over 55's down country. She wanted to be nearer relatives. We'll have a special send off for her before she goes!
No idea what plans are for today and no idea what's on the menu either! Feeling full of fedupness and sick of the lingering cold. Not to mention the crop of cold sores that have erupted on my lips and feel like bunches of grapes hanging there.
Take care and (HUGS) for all the poorlies, worried and sad who want them. Time to rouse up the remaining kids! xx"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0 -
Good morning everyone.
Same here Camelot - glorious yesterday and grey and damp today. Yesterday I had the front door open wide until 4.30 when the sun began to go away and the icy cold set in.
This morning I've got a meeting from 9.00 - 11.00am, teaching from 11.00am - 1.00pm and then going to Ardrishaig for lunch. After that I agreed to look at 'a non-working' laptop for an ekdery friend though I know that it's more the 'workman' rather than the 'tool'.
I'm not going down to DM this weekend so I'm looking forward to having some time at home pottering around.
Now, must snap to it. I hope that all are well or getting better.
RR - how's the new car?
Dumpling - is the boiler installed OK?
Happy Thursday everyone.0 -
Morning all:D
Dumpling hope the new boiler is keeping you cosy and warm this morning.
RR How are the new wheels? What flavour is it btw
Not much to say for myself this morning. Yesterday went swimmingly badly and was very frustrating...alas such is life.
WM is on and i think another cuppa is calling me.
Have a good day all
'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
And I ain't got the power anymore'0 -
Morning all,
Thank you for all the good wishes re my car, I LOVE it :jOH and I spent most of yesterday just driving round for the pleasure and discovering all the little bits and bobs it does !
Back to reality today and back to work only two days to go this week so not too bad, its something and chips for dinner, I will go and look in the freezer after this.
Going to put the dogs blankets into wash this morning she got very muddy on her walk yesterday and rolled on her bed to dry off.
Also yesterday we took her into town and were wandering around the shops, she was not too keen as she is a country dog, we were in a pet shop looking at something and when we looked back she has done a poo in the middle of the floor
I had to go and ask them for a bag, they were very good about it, and I obviously cleaned it thoroughly but it was so embarrassing :rotfl:wont be going back there for a while !
Marie hope you are ok xx
TA try eating some fresh pineapple for your sore lips, works wonders with ulcers and cold sores xx
Have good days all xx0 -
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hope everything was OK yesterday for you [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dumpling[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] and that you're now cosy and warm![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Happy new car [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]redruby[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I took the temporary gate away from the chicken run but was a bit disappointed that I couldn't dismantle the run by myself, my right arm wouldn't go high enough, lol. It'll have to wait for mr tru's day off (tomorrow). The girls stayed in the small space for a while, til they realised they could wander out! There was a lot of scratching, a bit of digging, some proper dust bathing and every now and then one of them would run with their wings flapping, for no reason other than they could
I watched them for ages, it was fab. Scampi informed them they were too far up the garden for his liking and kept telling them to get back, lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The lounge has skirting boards and window sills. They need painting but I need to sand them a bit first, and the screw holes in the skirting need filling. The curtain poles are back up, I've washed the curtains but they're not quite dry yet. The front window has had binliners taped to it to stop people seeing in, can't wait to take them down
My fire surround is still chunks of wood laid on the floor at the moment, there's no hearth yet. I've been trying to get hold of a piece of slate for a couple of weeks and everywhere has run out, is there a national slate shortage or something?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm on my own today so I can potter around at my own pace. Not sure if I'll be DIYing, my shoulder is stiff and achy this morning so I'll see how it goes. Hopefully it'll loosen up. If not, there's plenty of housework to do to keep me busy
[/FONT]
:beer:Bulletproof0 -
Good morning everyone :wave:
It's very cold here this morning but I am hopefully going to have some heating and hot water later on today. The heating engineer is very nice and managed to fit the boiler in a way that he didn't have to take the cupboard down which is fab. The kitchen looks a bit of a mess where the old boiler has been removed but it can be sorted at a later date. I managed to keep my anxiety at a manageable level helped by my friend who came and sat with me for a couple of hours.
Hubby is home today which is lovely. The girls are getting ready for school and I have been up for hours as I got a horrible cramp in my leg that made me wake up suddenly. It's still very sore so I shall be taking it easy today.
We had chinese takeaway last night but I hope to be able to use my kitchen properly by tonight. I will make a spag bol if I am able.
Tru, I was so pleased to hear that your chickens are able to get out and run around. I bet they don't know themselves
.
redruby, your new car sounds lovely, I hope you have many happy hours driving around in it.
I hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx0 -
Day off, hooray, I have lots to do, including chiropodist visit
How lovely tru, the Freedom of the HenI shall stop messing about and get on with doing.
Hope everyone has a good day and that RR has a good time in your new carI was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back0 -
REDRUBY I had never heard that about pineapple and cold sores. Will try it and let you know!
All peaceful here though the house looks like a bomb has dropped! Mr TA taken the girls to school and I collapsed with a much needed strong coffee! Middle one looked every inch Hermione Granger once the plaits were loosened, hair wild and very tousled and wavy! It will be straight in half an hour but at least she set off looking the part!
Well better get moving and sort the disaster zone out x"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

