🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

My ex girlfriend is still manipulating me?

Options
13»

Comments

• Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jlawson, I did find happiness, but not until I had met one too many like the first one. I was older and more mature when I met the lady who is my wife and it has been a wonderful, happy marriage.

However, perhaps this could have happened earlier if I had not allowed the first relationship to make me feel that I was not worthy. Don't let that happen to you - get on with life, ask that new girl for a date, what's to lose? Making mistakes is all part of growing up, just don't put your heart on your sleeve until you are sure this is the right one. And if she isn't: you can have fun and learn a little more about girls than you did before.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    Jlawson, I did find happiness, but not until I had met one too many like the first one. I was older and more mature when I met the lady who is my wife and it has been a wonderful, happy marriage.

However, perhaps this could have happened earlier if I had not allowed the first relationship to make me feel that I was not worthy. Don't let that happen to you - get on with life, ask that new girl for a date, what's to lose? Making mistakes is all part of growing up, just don't put your heart on your sleeve until you are sure this is the right one. And if she isn't: you can have fun and learn a little more about girls than you did before.

Well everybody comes into your life for a reason, so had this girl been a lesson to you before you found true happiness? I guess we'll never know, as I won't know what this one taught me, maybe she taught me to be a little selfish once in a while instead of putting her first constantly. I just know she's vulnerable right now though and I worry about her, but it is time to put myself first.

I'm aiming to ask this girl out for a date though! We spoke the other day and kind of agreed to get to know each other a little bit over the next few weeks and then work things out, she said it before I even told her I liked her :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport