The New Adventures of Fortune

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We have had a lovely day today. I have a book of circular pub walks so we tried one of those with some friends and had a super lunch after. An expensive treat for us though as these were the friends we owed ticket money to :(

On the other hand, I made £50 in Fleabay sales so add that to the £10 I made yesterday and it has softened the blow quite a bit :)

One of the outstanding certificates arrived in the post yesterday and our IFA rang to set up a date to progress the mortgage application.

All is well.

Particularly as chocolate has been consumed... and hot cross bun bread and butter pudding :o

Happy Easter

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy Easter Fortune...glad alls ticking along xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    We spent the morning at a barbeque in a friend's woodland. They'd arranged clay pigeon shooting and a little off-road track so Mr F was in his element. There was also an Easter egg hunt, a tiny Cocker Spaniel puppy to cuddle and the wood anemones and bluebells to appreciate so I was happy too. Low cost as our contribution to the barbie was met from this week's grocery shop :cool:

Mr F has spent the rest of the day cleaning cars and I have been doing some work on the house move. I feel as though I have been procrastinating a bit about it so have committed to doing at least one thing a day which will move us forward. One small stone to carry a day is doable ;) So today, I have written to our buyers to confirm the fixtures/fittings they want to buy, our removal company confirming their quote is acceptable and to a potential buyer for Mr F's motorbike. He has decided, with much reluctance, that it should go and the money be put into the moving fund. As he hasn't ridden it for years and it is quietly deteriorating in the garage I think this is a good decision.. if a little late ;)

So that's three things :D I'm such an over-achiever :rotfl:

The heating is on. We've got down to just a couple of bars on the oil tank monitor so I've had to order some more and there is a 500 litre minimum :( Our buyers will get the benefit of anything we don't use so I won't be rationing the radiators in the meantime.

Mushroom Stroganoff is looking favourite for supper. Then an early night as Mr F is off to the office tomorrow so we have an early get up.

Feeling very relaxed now... and warm.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I'm on a roll this morning :cool: Or should that be 'rock and roll' if I'm continuing with the carrying stones theme :rotfl:

I've completed and copied all the documentation for the sale of the house and it is enveloped and waiting for me to pop it in the post box later.

I've contacted our buyers to fess up about the missing Completion Certificate. I've had to declare it in the solicitor's info so they'll get to know about it at some point. Better to bring it up now I thought.

It seems we have a Sales Progressor :cool: Someone from our Estate Agent whose job it is to liaise between us and facilitate the process. Moving house is certainly easier now than when I last did it :rotfl: So I've updated him too.

I've chased Mr F to confirm dates for a meeting with our IFA to progress the mortgage. We had a very early start this morning and he was in a hurry to get out the door so I've sent him a text.

I'll chase Building Control for a visit date tomorrow once they've settled back into things after the break.

So there's nothing more I can do at the moment to progress the move further. Feeling very virtuous :A

I'm going to stop for lunch now and then I need to pack up my Fleabay sales and pop them down to the Post Office. One person out of five buyers has yet to pay which is annoying.

Must do the on-line grocery shop too or I'll be getting creative with the meal plan again :rotfl:

Isn't it nice to start the week on a Tuesday :D

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I have sacked the Sales Progressor :eek:

I received a reply to my update from her today. So a fast response. However, her email was so badly written it took three reads before I understood what she was trying to say. And, she had obviously not read or mis-read what I'd said as she was advising me to do something I had already done. It did not inspire me with confidence and, was so bad in fact, I felt she might be a risk to the process. So I called the Agents and the manager has said he will take on the role himself.

I called our buyers to warn them of the change and it seems they have been having problems with her too. It took a week for her to reply to their request for our solicitors details and, when they chased and she did reply, she didn't introduce herself to them or explain her role.

I've also noticed that, although her introductory letter to us was dated 6th April, we didn't receive it until this Saturday, the 15th.

Not good enough. Particularly when I'm paying a sizeable amount to the Agent for their services.

Other than getting my Alan Sugar on, I got everything done I'd planned to do today.

Supper is on the stove - Sausage & Bean Casserole with roasted new potatoes. Just need Mr F to get home from the gym now so I can service it up.

Oh, here he is.

Fortune the Fierce x
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Flipping, flopping heck, Fortune - that's the second incompetent from that company to nearly muck things up for you! I hope the Manager doesn't have to do everyone's role - there aren't enough hours in the day. And they need to review their recruitment practices if they have had a hand in interviewing/employing the junior admin assistant or the 'sales protractor'......

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £6.44/215
    Non-food household spend May £0/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Flipping, flopping heck, Fortune - that's the second incompetent from that company to nearly muck things up for you! I hope the Manager doesn't have to do everyone's role - there aren't enough hours in the day. And they need to review their recruitment practices if they have had a hand in interviewing/employing the junior admin assistant or the 'sales protractor'......

Greying X

They've been very good overall Greying and, when there has been a problem, they've put it right immediately. I get the impression they haven't had a say in the recruitment of the Sales Procrastinator :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    More progress made today:
    • Building Inspector is coming tomorrow morning to complete the final inspection. He confirmed that he has information on three previous visits to us and will be coming primarily to check that the roof has been finished safely. It has, so I'm feeling confident that we'll have a Completion Certificate soon
    • confirmed a meeting on Monday with the IFA to progress the mortgage
    • spoke with our vendor about possible completion timescales :eek:

It's started to feel very real now and I'm allowing myself to get excited. The property we are buying was featured on the telly a few years ago and I have found the clip on the internet. I may have watched it a few times... or a hundred :o

Lots of 'phone calls today which have interrupted my chores so the ironing may have to wait until tomorrow. A little on-line shopping has been done. A few toiletries needed replacing but I managed to offset the majority of the cost with some vouchers :money:

Going to do a little more decluttering now.

Exciting times :j

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Building Inspector has been and has agreed to give us a Completion Certificate - Yay! :j So the last piece of paperwork will be with us soon.

I read back through my diary from the start this morning just to see how far we've come. Realised that the first viewing that was booked was our purchasers. They weren't the first to view but the first to get a date in the diary :)

Fortune x
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I love that sort of synchronicity. Shows you are on the right path :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills