PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 12 February 2017

Options
1235»

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone :hello:

Just popping back on to say Congratulations to Hester, that boat looks amazing :D.

My dog Max sends Lamewolf some licky slurps and a big old waggy tail, hope you feel better soon xxxx

Thank you for all the hugs too, I feel loads better tonight than I did this morning :heart2::heart2:.

Hubby managed to make a roast in the end and is now contemplating taking tomorrow off work. Hopefully he will feel a lot better in the morning though. Poor DD15 has to go into school for the day to retake part of a science exam. She got a B but apparently they expect her to get an A. Honestly there is so much pressure on the girls from the school I feel quite angry about it.

Hope you all have a nice evening xxx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gorgeous Hester, just gorgeous :T
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,142 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 February 2017 at 9:20PM
    Options
    LW - darkness gets driven away by light, in this forum we have light in abundance so please come and sit in it. Your place is being kept for you.

HH - lovely boat! Packing in work and moving house is what I did, but not to a boat. I wish you both a bucketful of peace there.

Apart from a gizmo to work via my phone I've bought some reusable ties for my assorted charging cables and some bigger ones to sort out the guddle behind the TV. There's a couple of bits of older technology which needs to be shipped out.

Am now in bed watching TV with the electric blanket on and a cup of tea. All is good.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 February 2017 at 9:23PM
    Options
    Delurking to say LW sending you positive vibes. You are our friend on here and we all value you greatly. You are truly not alone. Stick in there-it will soon be Spring and we will feel the warmth of the sun.

Virtual hugs and much love.

Hester-what a beauty!

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,679 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sending gentle positive thoughts to our friend LW along with loads of canine love from Rosie and Tilly x
  • cliffsgirl
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    LW - darkness gets driven away by light, in this forum we have light in abundance so please come and sit in it. Your place is being kept for you.

That's lovely Gers. Sums up the spirit of the thread excatly. I don't really post on the thread as I'm boring lol but I love reading everyday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    LW I agree with Gers let the light of all our good vibes and love shine down on you and bring you out of the dark sad places

Still very nippy DD and I watched call the midwifeand I find all the faults in the programme as I married in 1962 and lways keep a look out for things that wern't around then :) Saw DDs big coach built pram on there though, and can remember humping the darned thing up two flights of stairs because where we lived the landlord wouldn't let me keep in on the ground floor passage,weighed a ton it felt like, but back then I was a lot younger and fitter than I am now :)Used to walk miles with her tucked up at one end of the pram and her sister sat on the other end :) and my shopping on the mesh tray underneath. My then sis-in-law and I used to swap it between us as we both were having children about a year apart from each other It ended up being used by five different babies between us and then when her last baby grew out of it she passed it on to someone else.
    Just waiting to facetime my eldest DD in New York, how times have changed in the past 50 plus years :):):)

sleep well friends

JackieO xx
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW: My heart goes out to you. The dark night of the soul is terrible. Let's hope that the dawn will break soon.

Jackie: I had one of those prams too. I do remember struggling up the 1 in 7 hill to our house at the top with the baby in the pram, a toddler on the end and the shopping in the rack underneath. I used to think that each step would be my last! The wonder was that I wasn't as thin as a wraith. No such luck.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Hester, looks lovely, hope that it will provide an end to the stress you have both been suffering in the last while.

LW.....Mossy sends much love and so do I. You are just as important as any of the rest of us, so please dont stop posting.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills