PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

O/S Daily Sunday 12 February 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 12 February 2017 at 8:02AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sunday 12 February 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, cold, no frost but wet underfoot with water laying and blustery wind too.

DH and myself up and enjoying first peaceful cuppas.

Dinner last night was HM spare ribs in bbq sauce, duck and pancakes, chicken in black bean sauce, tempura prawns, veg fried rice and pancake rolls, all delish. Lunch today will be roast pork, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas, yorkshires and gravy.

I went out to visit the building society first thing yesterday and it was so cold, I didn't venture out again. We didn't really do anything else, just snuggled at home but today we're going to make a start on the "hotspot" that needs sorting. I'll be prepping the lunch, pack ups so we're sorted the new week.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

We had light snow showers off and on all day yesterday but not enough to settle :( its bitterly cold though and more of the same today I think.

Off to work last day of 7 and I must say I am absolutely shattered I had to force myself out of bed this morning, it was very quiet yesterday and I think today might be the same, with luck we can finish early.

OH will strip the beds today and get them washed dried and re made, he cooked a nice steak and stuffed mushrooms last night, tonight its something with chicken but I am not sure what yet.

Right better get myself ready, have good days all xx
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning everyone

We seem to be having the same weather as redruby, and I am cold, to the point where I have put the heating on.
    Got up at 5, have nearly finished the ironing so far but have stopped for tea and toast.

Last night's dinner, cooked by OH, was cassoulet with chorizo and jalapeño sausages plus lamb spare ribs and purple sprouting broccoli for them and a piece of salmon with broccoli for me. They had curry-flavoured crisps with theirs too. Tonight I will do roast beef, roasties, Yorkshire, carrot and swede mash, and kale.

My plan for the day is to read the Sunday Times and finish the book I'm reading, potter about generally. House is clean ish, I just want to shove the Hoover round downstairs.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Have woken up to a dusting of snow and freezing temps, just been out with the girls and have to say hurried round. The birds are going through so much food and had to re-stock all the feeders and the table again, don't mind really as it gives us a lot of pleasure to see them and we get a good variety.

This morning will be usual routine of bacon butties and the Archers omnibus, need to go over the bungalow later as my eldest Uncle is picking up Grandad's desk to take with him, gives me an opportunity to give him the packet of photos I sorted for him as well.

Tea with be liver and bacon with root mash and kale, have a hankering for rhubarb but not sure if there is any in the shops yet, may have to stop off and see.
    Snowing again, but warm and cosy here.

Have a good day everyone, take care folks x
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. Today we have strong winds and frost. But the promised snow hasn't arrived yet. After which it's supposed to turn to rain. No plans on going out whatever is thrown at us.

I think I shall be in the kitchen half the morning. As well as lunch (chicken and assorted veg) I want to make a couple of stockpots of soup to freeze in portions as stocks are nil. Celery soup and Lentil & Bacon on the menu. It was going to be Pea and Ham till I realised I was out of split peas!

This afternoon is reserved for getting my feet up and finishing my book, although, in a way, I shall be sorry to finish it! Set mostly on Lake Como it brings back memories of some lovely holidays, before illness got in the way.

Have a good day folks if you can and (HUGS) as always for the poorlies, sad and worried who want them. Take care whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all.
    Freezing cold here too, brrr.
    We liked what we saw yesterday, we will go back and have a second look today.
    We've done some figure juggling, we should be able to afford it but we may get pipped at the post, we will see.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,108 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 February 2017 at 10:34AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Cold and dry so far though rain is in the air.

Today I don't feel like doing anything -Just like this song.

However I've already ordered a gizmo from Ama*on.

The washing I did yesterday is almost dry, I hung it outside for a couple of hours to blow in the cold wind. Now it's on the clothes horse with the dehumidifier on and close by.

I hope everyone is well. Happy Sunday.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Full bladder kept me awake from 5am. If I'd got up I'd have had to step over the hounds and risk waking my Grandson up. He woke at 7, full of beans. The heating hadn't come on at that time so had to switch it to manual and freeze till it warmed up. He's watching Paw Patrol whilst I am waking up.

Hubby had a surprise yesterday. A couple of weeks ago he had a letter about PPI he took out against a rather large loan he took out a few years back. He wasn't aware he'd taken out PPI. He's self employed and it would never have paid out anyway. He only had the loan a couple of years before switching it to another loan with a much lower interest rate. Anyway he enquired about this PPI and they are refunding him £800! This should stop him moaning about lost income whilst on jury duty.

Not sure what today will bring but will include a bath for Grandson and a check for more spots before he goes home.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Sorry for being MIA but I haven't been very well physically and mentally. I am currently brewing up a stinker of a cold which is making me feel miserable. Hubby is just getting over his cold too so it's not been very happy here this weekend.

It's halfterm this week coming so we are all looking forward to a rest. I went to their parents evening last week and it was much as I had expected. DD14's report was very telling as she has dropped grades this term although she scored highly on attitude to learning etc. DD15 needs to revise and DD16 has been allowed to drop one of her A levels and be a teaching assistant to make up the hours. This will hopefully relieve a lot of pressure and stop her attendance slipping.

I have been busy knitting another baby set in blue this time although I have just ordered a load of books from Amazon so I can just sit and read when I get the chance.

Hubby is supposed to be making roast pork for lunch but I will believe it when I see it :). I don't have much of an appetite anyway so I am not that bothered. The girls will fend for themselves as we have loads of food in.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Cold but fairly bright this morning, the heating has been on but just put it off as I was getting too warm. Washing on the pulley, DW just about to go on and yesterday's bedding ironed and put away.

Got a fair bit of paperwork sorted yesterday but then lost interest! Walked down to Ald! for supplies then watched 'Downton' for most of the day. It's all finished now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also caught up with the programme about Fair Isle, very interesting.

I'm going to DDs in a while, we are going to choose paint for her bedroom and then she's making a Sunday lunch. I'll enjoy it whatever it is as I'm not cooking!

Have a good Sunday, take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2017 at 9:58AM
    Options
    Well done Mr judi and Hester I hope this works out for you, everything crossed. Dumpling, hope you feel better soon.

I have ironed 21 items and that's the basket empty, very unusual, and have done the cleaning the reservoir thing, not sure of the correct term (do I care?) Which has produced gunk and now need to clean the soleplate. I am not really a reservoir and soleplate cleaning type of woman.

One load of towels about to come out of the washing machine, at least they don't have to be ironed and really I iron only what I must. Except for pillows lips I do iron those and it probably isn't necessary.

Am quite pleased with myself, am smug old bat now.

Will make flapjacks next.

Tea and toast was good, marmitey toast is my all time comfort food.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family