PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 12 February 2017

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TA Thank you, I hope we will, and also thank you because you put me on the Erica James books when we talked about Bletchley Park. Just finishing reading The Real Katie Lavender, not her best but easy reading. Will read Summer by the Lake when I return this to the library.

Off I go, not even started the luggage yet, hopefully 5 minutes will suffice to throw a couple of dresses in the suitcasetoapoesr respectable for dinner. Daytime, jeans will do.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Chicken gers

I'm settling in for the duration. Pepsi Max, chocolate, tissues. Rugby shirts at the ready.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thought I'd better stick my head round the door....
    Been lurking as I'm in a very dark place just now and determined not to drag the thread down.
    Made worse yesterday by Mr LW wanting to watch Unforgotten; which upset me beyond belief and raked up ghastly stuff I thought I'd buried decades ago.
    Sorry - I did say I wouldn't drag the thread down, didn't I? Back to lurking, then.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,074 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Chicken gers

I'm settling in for the duration. Pepsi Max, chocolate, tissues. Rugby shirts at the ready.

I've never been able to watch live - when I lived in England my beloved Dad would phone me whenever a team scored!

My provisions are tea, 90% chocolate, sport news on phone and a clear sofa for me hid behind if things get tense!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Dumpling am sending you a big hug from Blackpool xx

LW an sending you some doggy hugs from Declan the Welsh Collie (my brother's dog) and George the Springer (my best friends' dog) xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW

You are not dragging anything down and please keep posting. I know you don't do virtual hugs but best wishes and positive vibes being sent.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Thought I'd better stick my head round the door....
    Been lurking as I'm in a very dark place just now and determined not to drag the thread down.
    Made worse yesterday by Mr LW wanting to watch Unforgotten; which upset me beyond belief and raked up ghastly stuff I thought I'd buried decades ago.
    Sorry - I did say I wouldn't drag the thread down, didn't I? Back to lurking, then.
    Your welcome to join us, even when your in a dark place. I dont find talking about my problems help but writing them down/moaning online does. Unless i am angry and then i just try and seeth to myself as all sorts of bile comes out in my posts.:(

Grandson gone home, 'Prodigal' popped in for a feed and has now gone, Youngest has taken 'Prodigal' back to his flat and hubby is fast asleep. Ive had a little nap too.

I'll just sit here for a minute or two and vegitate.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Aw LAMEWOLF I hope you can soon get out of that dark place you are in. xx

I spoke too soon when I said at lunchtime we had missed the promised snow! We hadn't! We have ended up with quite a covering!

DS called in unexpectedly just after lunch, on his way to his ladylove's down the hill. He has decided city life is not for him and wants to move back over here! At the time he just wanted distance between him and the toxic ex and for that the move served its purpose. OK, it's nearer to work for him but further away from those who matter most to him he says! Aw bless.

Just finished my book and now off to rummage in my to-read box of cs books and decide what to start on next. xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LW please delurk and talk to us, there is no such thing as "dragging the thread down", we just support each other and this means especially when one of us is feeling low. Massive hugs, and waving from just down the road at you (near Bletchley Park for our planned break). xx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    LW please delurk and talk to us, there is no such thing as "dragging the thread down", we just support each other and this means especially when one of us is feeling low. Massive hugs, and waving from just down the road at you (near Bletchley Park for our planned break). xx

I second that what Caterina says LW
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills