Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Options

Comments

• donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Done the washing this morning can't hang it out as one minute it goes grey and the next the sun comes out put them on the airer in the kitchen as it get warm in there. Haven't spent anything today and just had lunch at my parents so that's a meal saved and we're having sunday lunch there as well tomorrow so another free meal. Get paid Monday and the car insurance is due out august full payment, need to budget what money I have left. Got confirmation from tax credits that the over payment payback starts august and will take 14 months. Got to do a meal plan for next week and do the ironing pile out the way.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • donkids22
    Options
    Today is my second nsd for august very pleased with this. Totally over the moon as the deposit for the rented house was paid back yesterday I was giving up hope of getting it back three weeks after we moved a out and now I have it, and best of all I haven't got to deal with the waste of space letting agents. Trying to set some budgets spent £50+ on things for the house so that is it till next payday in September.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Used some of the deposit money to make payment on the cresit card so pais off an extra 275 off the card. I booked panto tickets for me, my mum and the kids as i promised the youngest i would take her so thats all paid for and more importantly something to look forward to. In the last week spent 120 on clothing for the kids as ive noticed that especially the youngest has hardly anything to wear and she is going to the childminders and getting mucky so needs extra spare clothing and we are going away to butlins for 4 days. Been feeling abit down today as the debts feel like they are out of control and we are going to be tied up with them forever. I am trying to focus on samll steps but even they seem massive at the moment. The food budget has been blown even thou i am trying to cook more from scratch but i have been going off shopping list and spending alot more than i need to and even popping out to the local shops to pick up things that i cant get when i do big shop or forgot. My next goal is to get the bc card under 6000. I am an impatient perosn as you can probably tell and there are loads of things i want done to our house but they are going to have to wait and do 1 project a month.
  • donkids22
    Options
    I know ive been awol for ages spending like the saying goes like a drunken sailor. Debt at the moment is 9145.78. I want to get this debt down by at least half by this time next year. I have had a bad time at work this week and have been told off for being at home when my 8 year old couldnt go to school because of the snow. I want to pack in my job and go for a job with less hours and responsibility so i can spend more time at home and doing the things that i want to do. This is going to be an uphill struggle as you can see earlier on we only just brought our house this year and i turned 40 and now we have booked a holiday to florida next year (i know this is not sensible when i want to clear debt but its the holiday of a life time and if we dont do it now we never will). Need to make a better budget and stick to it. Im going to try to post once a week with progress and how much i have managed to pay off the yukky debt.
  • donkids22
    Options
    I'm so unhappy at job at the moment I have a boss that saps your energy and seems to go out of their way to ruin my day. I'm now thinking if I could pay my dents off it would give me some more choice to either get a new job or cut back my hours. It's either that or I win the lottery or rob a bank only kidding.
  • donkids22
    Options
    We've done our weeks shop today that will take us through to tuesday next week total £52 git some half price posh crackers for next year and some sweets for daughter to take to school on her bday 48 packets £3 and they will be in date I checked. Booked youngest in with he childminder for the weeks that she will cover as she has holidays during school hols as well. So.I still have dates I need cover for. Checked how much we need to pay for florida £3000 before end of June. Also paid £50 for dd2 residential trip with another £50 to be paid in march. Trying to get organised before I go back to work but it is hard going.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Been a weird few days dd2 went to a birthday party Thursday, yesterday me the kids and my mum went to the panto we had a great time. Today has been a spendy day kids spent some of their Christmas money and I spent some in b#m buying my new obsession woodwick. I'm currently batch cooking for when.I go back to work kilo of mince made into meals for 12 people. Git pile of ironing to do tomorrow and general tidying. Back to work tuesday yuck, dd2 doesn't go back to school till Thursday but oh mum is having her do that's dome free chold care we don't get much for free so that's good news.
  • Aspiration
    Options
    Great to read your diary and see how far you've come. Definitely an expensive time buying a new house but at least your debts haven't gone up significantly. Sorry to hear you're having a bad time at work, it's very hard to be happy outside of work if you're unhappy with your job. Hoping it improves in the New year for you
    April 2020 - £102,222 Loans/CC’s.

Jan 2022 - £0
    Cleared - £102,222

Jan 2022 - Now time to build suitable investments and a business!
  • donkids22
    Options
    3 nsds so far this week. I hate my job so much my boss seems to be moaning at me all the time. Today's grumble was I was being selfish booking my holiday but she made out like it was something to talk to the three of us about but the other 2 hadnt booked any holiday so csll me paranoid but i think it might have been about me. The company runs a first come first served basis. I also have to work my holidays around school holidays and when the childminder goes on holiday my boss had no children so I'm not really impacting on her as she has always said I can't go on holiday when the kids are off and I get 4 weeks a year surely she can work round it. I so need to get out of there the only problem is it is local and I can drop dd2 off in the morning otherwise I'm going to have to work further away and pay more out in childcare like breakfast Club and more after school club(which she hates). So at the moment I am stuck need to save as much as possible to give me some more choice.
  • donkids22
    Options
    I know it's April fools tomorrow but I have decided tomorrow has to be a new start I have been on a bit of a spending bender and diet but this has got to stop as all I am doing is hurts g myself and my family. I have a budget which I have hashed out in the computer. Freezer is full so I need to do a meal plan will probably only need fruit and veg maybe some tins and that's it have set aside 220 for April and have given on 40 for the diesel for the month. All other bills are dd so will come out in due course so now it's up to me to control my spending I'm off next week with the kiddy winks nothing planned other than going to town to pay my cheque in for 25 which I had today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport