Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Options

Comments

• donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another nsd today. Back at work today so haven't got much time to do alot on the home front. Done a shopping list for tomorrow. Need to pack three parcels and get them posted out the way. Haven't heard anything on the house and oh is too scared to ask when they think we will complete as I do not want to pay any more rent than we have to. As we have noticed money will be tight once the deposit money is gone we will have no savings to fall back on plus our first mortgage payment could be 1400+ . He won't let me ask as he said we will just confuse them if we both start asking questions.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • donkids22
    Options
    Another nsd today. We havent heard anything from the solictors yet about the house they are not even keeping us informed as to what stage we are at. Hoping to be in by june but we need more info so we do not over pay the rent in the house we are in now as every penny will count if the first mortgage payment is over 1400. Posted some more parcels that had got sold.
  • donkids22
    Options
    So annoyed dd2 after school club have given me a letter saying g I owe them 44.50 which I know is wrong as I make a note of when I pay online also I pay £5 a session so something doesn't add up. The women said when i complained the accounts arent up to date. If I owe it fare enough but couldn't have come at a worse time. Had loads of stuff from solictors contents listing and deeds to sign but still have no time frame of when we will complete getting frustrated with everything. Anyway another nsd today and another couple of things sold on ebay.
  • donkids22
    Options
    The after school club thing has been sorted and I don't owe anything. That's a weight off my mind. Sold another 13 things on ebay I've sold now about 160 minus the fees which is fantastic for things that were just lying around the house. Contacted the solicitor no news on the move still waiting searches to come back and queries from the seller's solicitor to be answered. Just want to move fed up waiting.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well another week since we offered on the house and still no news from the solicitor it seems to be a slow and frustrating process. Going to email solictor and see where we are at OH rolls his eyes at me but i am person that likes to be on top of everything. So tomorrow is the pay off for the longer hours at work as i finish at 2pm so excited it means i can pick up dd2 from school which is something that i very rarely do which is why she has to go to after school clubs. Managed 2 nsds so far this week. Havent packed any more boxes but as we seem to be waiting for ever what is the point. Also good news work have finally sorted out my holidays and i have an extra two days holiday its only been on going since january.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well I emailed our solicitor yesterday and she has said they are looking at exchanging and completing for the end of the month:eek:. we are hoping to get out deposit back as we rent but we aren't banking on it, alot if the things wrong are mainly wear and tear but the garden is another matter it's overgrown mess so need to tidy it up a bit (lot). Got so much to do here now before we move need to carry on packing what we can and continue sorting out what we don't want.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well today has been an eye opener we have had the survey back from surveyor for the house there are a few red marks which we are a bit worried about as we really don't have the money to make any improvements at the moment. We have not heard anything from the solicitor so will be chasing them again tomorrow.
  • donkids22
    Options
    I feel really down today solicitor is being a pain asking us to chase people but why have a dog and bark yourself. Closed down my first time buyer yesterday now the money appears to be in limbo the account has closed but they havent put the money anywhere if it's not in my account tomorrow then I'm going in saturday and kicking off I'm so fed up of being messed about by people. Still trying to eat what we have here without buying loads extra. Totally feel off the nsd and keeping cost s and not spending on the credit cards bandwagon and at the moment it's drove off and left me miles away.
  • kimplus8
    kimplus8 Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi there, just read your diary starter entry so apologies if this has already been said, but you can try as hard as you may to sort out your finances but if your partner is not on board and blows the budget apart each and every month you will never be able to change your circumstances.
    I speak from experience. My stbexh was terrible with money and the more I tried to clear our debt it seemed the more he was spending because I had made us 'extra' money in his eyes.
    you both have to be on the same page for this to work or at the least you are solely in control of the finances beyond you arranging a budget with him.
    try to 'agree' an amount that you can both have as 'spending' or blow it money and you do the rest, try to agree with him that for a set time (6months, a year, 3 years , whatever) you will both have this amount to spend each month and the rest is for your financial commitments.
    sorry if I come across as brash, I just can see so much of myself and others situations in this and I know from my heart that you need to work towards this goal together or it wont work :-)
    Saving for a house in 2025 LISA £7726/£15000 Emergency Fund £1000/£6000 No spend Year 2023
  • donkids22
    Options
    We have agreed to exchange and complete on the 9th june for the house which is very exciting but very worrying as i have so much to do. Making a list so i can cross off when i complete

New house
    Clean top to bottom.
    Decorate
    Get plugs upstairs sorted
    Get the slabs lowered in the front garden below the damp proof course
    get the slabs in the back garden level
    Big freezer shop when freezer has been moved.
    Get skirting board fixed downstairs
    Make another list of curtains etc that are needed

Old house
    Hand in notice to letting agents
    Clean fom top to bottom
    Get garden looking tidy
    Get rid of fridge/ freezer in kitchen
    Get rid of washing machine
    Bleach round the batchroom walls
    Finish packing
    Phone sky and cancel (or if they offer us a good deal arrange to get the broadband and telephone moved)
    Sort out all other bills for moving day
    Arrange to get the mail redirected

Im sure there are loads more jobs just cant think of them now.

With all the cleaning i have got to do it is a good job OH brought home a massive bag of cleaning branded products from work for 6 a bargain. (looked though the bag there must be at over 70 of products and all useful)

My help to buy isa closing statement came today so get that sent to the solictor and then we are on target for the date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport