Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Howdy! Nice thread :)

I just wanted to ask about your pension. I see lots of zeros on your soa. The company you work for, and all companies now require you to have a pension . It doesn't have to be a huge amount obviously, but if you're employed in the same place for sometime then after a couple of months you wouldn't notice it out of your payslip. Even if it's £30 quid a month . Just a thought.

If you are buying a place , make sure you get a survey and ideally not the bog standard homeowners one . You don't need the dearest one , but unless you are buying new build its best to be safe than sorry,
    so the middle priced one is the way to go .

If you do proceed with house purchase , then maybe an idea to get a fixed rate for 5 years or so? We all know that, the rate will rise now and will keep doing so . I could be wrong, but someone else may say something more sensible.
    Best of luck,:)
  • donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi another casualty we have paid for the second level of survey nit sure what it us called. We have also paid and had the rate fixed for 5 years. We would love to have an idea how long the process takes as we are first timers and it all seems daunting. I'm off work this week so more decluttering to be done, meal planning, cleaning and ironing.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • another_casualty
    Options
    donkids22 wrote: »
    Hi another casualty we have paid for the second level of survey nit sure what it us called. We have also paid and had the rate fixed for 5 years. We would love to have an idea how long the process takes as we are first timers and it all seems daunting. I'm off work this week so more decluttering to be done, meal planning, cleaning and ironing.

Seems like you've made the right choices :)

Good luck with the week off
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    First of all Congratulations on your first home purchase! Hope you have a long and happy time in it. X

I think the process from offer being accepted to exchanging contracts usually takes around three months, but your solicitor should be able to give you a better idea.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well I have another nsd today. Been to gym and ate our tea from freezer. Washed a load of washing unfortunately it's raining do not hung it out and I also packed another couple of boxes as well a busy day. Off all week so my plans are clean the windows at least inside upstairs as I can't get to do them outside. Wash the nets and eat all our teas from freezer and cupboards, meal plan and do food shopping and keep packing and sorting.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Just read through your diary. How wonderful that your offer has been accepted and the mortgage application going through. Hope all the conveyancing goes smoothly and that you'll be moved in soon.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • donkids22
    Options
    Received paperwork today from solictors that has got to signed and witnessed by someone. Haven't had an NSD today as I needed to get some new underwear ha ha. Haven't done any packing today but I did wrap 7 parcels and get them sent. Sold my old ipod today for £30 which is better than it sitting in a drawer not being used. Also jet washed the patio in the back garden and cleaned the inside patio doors. Aim to get the kids bedrooms sorted tomorrow wish me luck.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Today was not an NSD as I realised too late we needed polish after doing a big shop yesterday. Cleaned all the windows inside and the downstairs outside as well, washed the nets and did another load of washing which was line dried. Ate our teas from freezer. Also packed another 4 boxes of kids stuff also tidied there bedrooms and I now have more ebay fodder and things for the charity shop. Tomorrow I want to pack some more boxes and hoover upstairs also tea from freezer/ fridge.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well another 35 made on eflea today. Still have some to finish tomorrow. More things leaving the house which is brilliant less things to move and cash I my pocket. Ate tea from the freezer and cupboard but today was a spendy day had mine and the two girls hair cut today for 20. also got rid of 4 large bags to the charity shop so feeling cleansed and tidier. Managed to talk oh in taking some bits to the dump tomorrow so more stuff out the way.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Today has been an NSD. We've ate from the cupboards and freezers for the last two days. Need to meal plan for the week as I go back to work tomorrow and I know hit will be tiring. Packed another couple of boxes getting more and more excited every day went to look at some wall paper as well I said to oh I will be having magnolia no where as I have had to live with it for ten years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport