Getting out of the rut that has become life!!!

Options

Comments

• donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still living in rented doesn't look like we will have the keys to new pad next Friday our solicitor is messing us about we haven't had any contact from them sent my help to buy isa statement last week and they were sending us consolidated figure which I presume means how much deposit we have to transfer and how much we cell get off the goverment. Emailed them and asked but all we get back is in need to fill out another form which we have filled out already and returned it just seems like they are stalling and if we ask a question they answer with another question or form to fill out. So we are getting fed up. I booked the buildings insurance and paid the deposit for the 9th which looks like a waste. We are both so fed up now it is a good job I didn't hand our notice in when solictors said it would be completed by the end of the month or we would be homeless now, we need to hand in our notice as we are wasting money on rent. Don't know what to do was going to hand in notice on the 8th rent due the 9th so this would give us a month to get everything sorted and moved in.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry you having so much grief with solicitors. My daughter moved earlier on this year and had similar issues with solicitors stalling, asking one question and getting the answer then asking another one. A relatively short chain on both her purchase and sale still ended up taking about four to five months from offer being accepted to completion. It is a nightmare buying and selling property in this country.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • donkids22
    Options
    We have no chain we are first time buyers and the house we are buying is empty as the couple who lived there have moved in to look after relatives I think that's what is so annoying. I'm over it now all the excitement has gone now and just fed up.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Well today has been the day we have got the keys to our new house. Let the hard work begin. We are now going to be on a tighter budget and going to have to concentrate on getting the credit card amount down and to 0 hopefully.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Been a busy day moved some boxes up to new house. Started stripping wallpaper in living room went to b and q and picked wallpaper for feature wall. Cleaned cupboards in the kitchen and run the washing machine to clean it out. Downstairs room with bathroom smells abit yucky hoping it's just coz it's been shut up and not lived in had all the windows open to air it out.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Cant believe its two weeks since i was last on here. Still moving into the new house, the kids rooms are deocrated and only the living room left to do. Lost all track of my spending as i have took out new insurances, sky and other things i guess it will take a month for things to settle. We are hoping to be in the house next saturday and have everything moved in. Our tenancy is up the 8th of July so everyhing has to be out the old house and cleaned from top to bottom. OH has cleaned all the carpets at the new house ready the only problem we have is there is some laminate flooring missing in the lounge and we cant find anything to match it colour wise or fittings wise.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Been so busy we are living in new house wulith packed boxes everywhere. Clearing them bit by bit this house is smaller than the rental so we will have to declutter. We hand the keys in for the rental I'm thinking that if we get back any of deposit it will be a miracle bear in mind we lived there 10 years and most of the things are wear and tear and the fact the landlord wouldn't do any work. Once I find the computer I can update my spreadsheet and start a new budget plan.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Sat down yesterday and worked out a budget after all the bills have been paid me and OH will be left with 1000. We will split this so I will have £500 a month to spend on what I want, I am going to try and make myself a budget for this and pay and extra £100 off the cards. This won't start till August and we are going on holiday for a week which means extra spends. Only have a couple of boxes to unpack still annoyed one of my boxes is missing with my recipe books and my only picture of my nan and they are not in the boxes I have to empty.
  • donkids22
    Options
    August is going to be a new start and a new leaf in trying to pay off the debts that i have. I have sat down and looked at our budgets and we have split whats left 50/50 after all the bills have been paid. This leaves me 500 a month to spend on what i like. Im in charge off the food shopping budget and if i can save on this this is extra money that i can use to pay off the debts. So im going to carry on the meal planning and only buy what is on the list and no more popping to shops for extra food. We go on holiday the end of august so i am going to be careful with what i spend so at least i can have a bit of spending money then. I am going to start a spending diary again so i can keep a track of what im spending and it will make me think twice about the silly little spends.
  • donkids22
    Options
    Since we've moved I have gone totally off the rails so I'm drawing a line under that and getting back onto looking after my money.

Current debts are
    credit card bc £6518.18
    Credit card m £1015.00
    Credit card s £1278.82
    Tax credits £792.81

Total 9404.81. Yikes a big figure but I'm determined to get it down. Got a few things I can flea bay to get some cash in. Just need to stop spending and get these scary numbers down. I've agreed a payment plan with tax credits and that's going to take 16 months to pay off, my main goal is to pay 2500 off credit card bc as this is the one I am paying interest on the others are 0%. Need to get a food budget up and running as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport