Sainsbury's price increases after Argos group takeover

12345679»

Comments

• soul1
    soul1 Posts: 108
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone just a quick update on this thread. On the BBC consumer programme You & Yours Sainsburys is the most expensive on a standard weekly shop and Aldi the cheapest.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Their bread today, 800g soft wholemeal is 35p and the Grants whisky is on offer at £17 per litre.
    Sugar is 70p against Lidl at 55p and Long life Milk is 11p per litre more expensive than Lidl.
    A bit like my local Co-op supermarket, you need to hunt around for the best value. Definitely not on my list for a weekly shop. Ditto Tesco.
    Heron , Iceland and Morrisons are overall cheaper but Lidl and Aldi have the edge.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,370
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    But they have reduced their prices on medication. Still cheaper to buy them elsewhere. Only time I will buy them if ever I get spend £xx and get £y off. If I'm a quid short of £xx, then I will get them

I've sprained my wrist and GP said to try ibuprofen. Last week I was away and popped into a Tesco local. Packs of ibuprofen were 40p. I remember the price as it was the only thing I bought. Today I checked them out in Sainsbury's and they're 45p. So 12.5% more. When I read the small print on the packaging, they both come from the same supplier in Wrexham.
  • 25p for ibuprofen in ASDA, but those ones come from Devon!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure