Forum Home » Green & Ethical MoneySaving

Great Ways To Save Money And Turn Green Hunt - Page 15

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Great Ways To Save Money And Turn Green Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
142 replies 34.9K views
191011121315»

Replies

• guineapigguineapig Forumite
    273 posts
    How would you use washing soda? I've never done anything like that before...

Well, I don't know how others use theirs, but I use about half a tea cup full and put it in the drawer where the washing powder normally goes) add some warm/hot water from the kettle to flush it into the machine ( I know the water from the machine would normally take it, but this way it doesn't leave any lumps behind!)

That's it!

Some people may use less soda, but as it's the only thing I use I tend to be a bit more generous, it is cheap and I find it works for me.

If I am washing my whites and want them brighter, I add a little more than normal and I add 30 mls of stardrops, this seems to be very effective.

As OP said there is tons of laundry info on the OS forum.
    BTW it is going up in price and price does vary from supermarket to Wilkies, I got some the other week and it was actually slightly cheaper at Morrisons! but you need to know your prices as I have seen a difference of 30 p or more per bag!!!
    HTH?
  • mum2onemum2one Forumite
    16.3K posts
    Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that Ive tried it, but go green (just for the ladies) a mooncup. say no more............
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx