Leaving BT but where next?

Options
Waiting for my BT price increase letter and in the meantime deciding who to move to next. Have been with Sky and PlusNet. PlusNet I liked because of their usage monitor but no one else seems to offer this as a service. Talk Talk any good? Vodafone? By the way still can't get fibre waiting on Open Reach. In a Virgin Media area, but again any good? Help please..

Comments

• Marcio45
    Marcio45 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virgin had a time limited offer of 50mbs internet for 22 pounds. Really good price compared with fibre
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    An all-in package with BT was costing me just short of £70/month which gave us basic TV (no channels, just recording & catch up), anytime calls & copper wire broadband. SKY currently gives us fibre, entertainment package TV & anytime calls which is currently £43/month. This will go up at the end of the introductory offer but will still be cheaper & give more than BT did.
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been waiting for the letter and still haven't received it, is there a timeframe when we should receive it? I renewed for a better deal last March, is there any point in waiting for the letter or is it worth ringing now and letting them know my concerns I have a good package with them line rental £18.99 fibre broadband £10.00 free BT privacy Entertainment plus £6.50 with free sports and unlimited anytime call package £6.50
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    that does sound like a good deal.

www.ee.co.uk
  • cinders59
    edited 31 January 2017 at 4:21PM
    Options
    well I just spent an hour trying to get through and speaking to them, the best they can offer me is Ultra TV package which includes Sports and has lots of extra tv channels. Broadband up to 50meg then told me I can only get 34meg, anytime calls for only £50 a month, £8 more than I already pay. I politely said no thank you and asked about cancelling

Was told my contract for broadband and calls ends 15 March and tv ends in May, to which I said no! I had problems last year when I renewed with their tv package being cancelled all the time and charging for sports and was told then that all my package would end in March

I said I have freeview, freesat and Netflix and would not sign up for tv which I never watch and only hubby watches the football, so I will ring within 30 days to cancel and move to someone else

I did check online and there was a package for new customers at £39 for infinity 1 with free sports and told I could not have that
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    cinders59 wrote: »
    I did check online and there was a package for new customers at £39 for infinity 1 with free sports and told I could not have that

Is that because you're already with them? If so, can you get another family member to become a new customer?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for the advice so far guys. It appears that nobody is wanting to stay with BT. Are Talktalk really that bad?
  • cinders59
    Options
    craigr98 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice so far guys. It appears that nobody is wanting to stay with BT. Are Talktalk really that bad?

I was with talktalk for 3 years or so before BT rung and offered a really good deal with free sports and paid my contract charges with TalkTalk
    I did have some issues but nothing too bad that I can remember

but their quote of unlimited broadband and phone line £27 unlimited calls package £5 and optional tv entertainment £8 they are far cheaper than BT
  • cinders59
    Options
    Is that because you're already with them? If so, can you get another family member to become a new customer?

would this be when my contract ends in March? I get hubby to apply?
  • alkip
    alkip Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    craigr98 wrote: »

I was with TT a long time ago for phone only and it was superb. It was so good I went with them for BB too when my BB contract ended with whoever I was with.

Yes, they really are that bad!

I'm out in the sticks but even taking that in to consideration I had awful speeds, regular drop outs, wrong billing, speaking to them on the phone is diabolical and you often end up worse than before you started. I think I had a TT engineer come out twice over the period of my contract and they were as clueless as the call centre sorry, customer services.
    Live long and prosper
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport