We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Get a grip woman!

1…203204206208209…383

Comments

  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I feel for you, SL, that's a horrible situation - it's a long time since I've had a dental checkup, and every twinge I get, I think, "is this the one?" :( here's hoping that tooth can be sorted out, and that it doesn't impinge too much on your holiday.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 5,082
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Shudders. Dental treatment brings me out in a sweat. Hope you’re in too much discomfort and they sort you soon. 
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,403
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hospital update - the lovely consultant talked it all through, asked why I had not contacted my GP before (I waited until 3 weeks after my second jab) then she did three small but painful surgical procedures. I will need to wait four weeks for the biopsy results as this was the unexpected 3rd thing. Hopefully that will be normal and we can get on with the follow-up procedure. I came home in lots of pain, took more painkillers and went back to bed for the day. It means I have loads to do today before we go away.

    Sadly the father of one of our little group has been admitted to hospital. It is clear he is failing and she needs to be close by. Of all of us, she has the most difficult time, being the carer for both her parents, they have only recently been admitted to a care home because it was wrecking her health. She needed this break. 

    Right, on with the day, I have washing, shopping and packing to sort out before we go!
    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,836.47 in 9 months, against a £10k target The Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I have a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1971.56 to the end of Sep
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2027 thread brand new and sparkling - feel free to join us and say what and how you are planning
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I hope that the holiday will be as good as it can for you, in spite of the looming health issues.  Take care.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • LadyGnome
    LadyGnome Posts: 801
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wishing you a good and relaxing break too.  
    MortgageStart Nov 2012 £310,000
    Oct 2022 £143,277.74
    Reduction £166,722.26
    OriginalEnd Sept 2034 / Current official end Apr 2032 (but I have a cunning plan...)
    2022 MFW #78 £10200/£12000
    MFiT-6 #28 £21,772 /£75000
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 9,805
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    Forumite
    Oh SL, so sorry to hear that but glad that it wasn’t worse!! Take care, be gentle and kind with yourself.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

    'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway


  • That is awful. Poor you! I always think that it is the days after that are worse when something like that happens. It's going to take a few weeks to feel like you again. Sending a hug x
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 7,189
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sending a big (but gentle) virtual hug & wishes for a speedy recovery! xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    Original End Date - Sept 2041 *** New projection - Aug 2040 (reduced by 1 years & 1 month)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,951
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 17 July 2021 at 3:23PM
    Ouch, that all sounds very painful. Broken ribs are so painful - my gran once broke hers stepping over the dog when the dog stood up as she was halfway over. Can't cough, laugh, sneeze etc for a couple of weeks but they do seem to heal quite quickly. Fingers crossed that you're in less pain very soon. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.