Get a grip woman!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
2.1K replies 159.7K views

Replies

• trix-a-belletrix-a-belle Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Great news on your mum SL.
    & i'm glad all your hard work on the van has been acknowledged

I hope you get the bits you've ordered eventually, i'm really not sure what is happening with deliveries at the moment, i've had a new staple gun awol for a week now but supposedly being delivered today. I had a UPS delivery delivered elsewhere last week as the driver couldn't be bothered to read the label & just offloaded it to someone else who also gets fabric deliveries. I heard from someone else yesterday who has had several hundred pounds of custom curtain poles stolen by a courier driver who has jacked in his job and done a runner with the van & contents
    & supplies yep i'm struggling for foam, wood, steel, anything plastic, also struggling for time :cry:
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
    MFiT-T5 knocking down the mortgage to be freeee
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear the news about your mum. 
  • 24ta24ta Forumite
    136 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Good news about your mum
  • LadyGnomeLadyGnome Forumite
    646 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Great news about your mum
    Mortgage
    Start Nov 2012 £310,000
    June 2021 £178,541.93
    Reduction £131,458.07

End Sept 2034 (but I have a cunning plan...)
  • rtandon27rtandon27 Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...The remaining cable is about a metre shorter than it needs to be - plugged in to the long 13a wind out cable which is too heavy to carry. I might need to wear a rucksack next time with the cable in it!...
    This brings forth visions of the original Ghostbusters movie - just add goggles & a hazmat suit!
    4.5 YEARS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    Finally managing to keep all the balls in the air and juggle the budget!
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    rtandon27 said:
    ...The remaining cable is about a metre shorter than it needs to be - plugged in to the long 13a wind out cable which is too heavy to carry. I might need to wear a rucksack next time with the cable in it!...
    This brings forth visions of the original Ghostbusters movie - just add goggles & a hazmat suit!
    You know what, that was us yesterday - we went over to a nearby farm to "prune" a hedge for one of our local beekeepers who has got behind. It was about 14' high and immediately in front of five hives so we wore a bee suit (DH) and bee jacket with veil (me). Three of those 1 tonne (by volume, not weight!) aggregate bags are strapped to our little trailer ready to go to the council recycling site next week. Our neighbours always refer to us wearing our haz-mat suits when they see us! A rucksack would make little difference.

To be honest the number of bites I got while pruning my beech hedge, I should have worn it then. All down my throat, arms, neck, face - all the bits that were exposed and a few that were not!

It was the spring loaded dispensing button on the bottom, and being spring loaded, it is somewhere in the field of onions.

One of the funniest things I've read in ages! 

Adding to the parts thing. My friend has a plumbing business and is stuck in a perfect storm. He has stacks of jobs that he can't do. Half of them he can access the sites freely and do the work but he can't access the materials he needs. The other jobs he has all the materials but can only access the sites at ridiculous times due to Covid (mainly schools and we're currently experiencing a spike). He spends most of his day pacifying both sets of irate clients on the phone. 
    @shangaiijimmy Happy to brighten your morning!

Gas is a bit of a problem round here (the bottled kind) as Calor are not keeping up with demand. So many more camper vans on the road that there is a shortage of bottles and no new contracts are being let this Spring and Summer. So the price on FB Marketplace has gone up threefold. I put our unused 6kg on our Moho forum and someone snapped it up at £5 (what we paid), two years ago.

Save £12k in 2021 - #26 aiming for £7,500 - £5,092.61 67.9% after June
    OS Grocery Challenge 2021 target £1410.07/£3k 47% annual after Jun (not incl £500 contingency)
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    In money news I have only had the DD for the milk delivery of £6.65 this week. I rounded it up to £10 to tidy the account. There is one more DD this month (newspaper subscription), and a shop for which I will be reimbursed (lunch cooking) and the other account has a RS £250 SO to go.

My energy deal with Scottish Power ends next week (it is the "exclusive" one they offered for Yorkshire Energy inherited people) - I did check MSE Energy Club first but the cheapest by increase was a two year fix offered by - Scottish Power again - so sticking with them - moving within 24 hours to the less favourable deal I need to do a reading. So that has increased by just under a tenner, as has our council tax monthly DD, while my occupational pension was also a £9+ increase per month. So, I cancelled the Guardian online subscription that was due and for the timebeing we have kept The Times online (4 devices). 

Off to read the meter...

Save £12k in 2021 - #26 aiming for £7,500 - £5,092.61 67.9% after June
    OS Grocery Challenge 2021 target £1410.07/£3k 47% annual after Jun (not incl £500 contingency)
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • LadyGnomeLadyGnome Forumite
    646 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    It's frustrating when all these expenses creep up.  None of them are unmanageable but cumulatively across a year it gets a bit more painful
    Mortgage
    Start Nov 2012 £310,000
    June 2021 £178,541.93
    Reduction £131,458.07

End Sept 2034 (but I have a cunning plan...)