We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Fabulous February NSD Challenge!

Options

Comments

• SkintTeacher
    Options
    My wedding is in April and instead of a traditional wedding cake we are having a cheese one - rounds of different cheese sat on top of each other with crackers, grapes and chutneys. It's probably the bit of the day I am most excited about (aside from the lifelong commitment, of course...)
  • donkids22
    Options
    2 more NSDS bagged sunday and today that makes NSD 5. This means i am a third of the way there.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • medusasmummy
    Options
    Hi all :)
    Been a few days since i last reported in, but i'm all up to date now.

Saturday i was at work so NSD#8

Sunday we went to the cinema which isn't included, but there's a t*sco next door and i wandered in just to check for reduced goodies, and came out £40 lighter. It does seem a lot but £26 was on Nicotinell lozenges, £13 for 144 (that's usually the price for 96). i got 6 packs of 8 Lincolnshire sausages, 2 packs of 12 reduced fat pork sausages, belly pork, 2 double packs of diced pork, lambs liver. All portioned up and in the freezer ready to add to future meal plans.

Monday and Tuesday my purse hasn't seen the light of day. Its hidden in a draw to give it a rest after Sunday's impulse purchases. So NSD #9 and #10 locked down too.

Today I'm hoping for another today, but i haven't quite finalised my plans for the day yet. I'm on the cusp of needing to fill up the car so trying to eek it out until i go shopping on tomorrow. But if the petrol won't last i'll do my shopping today. I'll know more after taking the kids to school.

NSDs 10/20

Good luck to all, and keep locking down those elusive NSDs :D
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    7/ 15 mainly because my aunty transferred an unexpected present into my bank account
  • ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't an NSD as we d ran out of bread. Then opened the fridge this morning and realised we ran out of milk, on the plus side those two trips to mr t express and nothing extra to what we needed was bought so definetly making improvements.
  • donkids22
    Options
    NSD 6 today so tempted to buy a fizzy drink but I held strong:rotfl:.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • We_can_do_this!
    Options
    2 more NSDs for me today and yesterday = 4/12

Keep it up everyone!
    We can do this!
    Target: to support myself through studies without borrowing money!
    70% of savings remaining, with 80% of time to go! (Uh-oh!)
    May NSD Challenge: 19/23
  • ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don't plan on leaving the house today so should be NSD 5/10 for today (I've paid off the remainder of a student finance overpayment today but decided not to count debt repayments in my NSD's i think whilst we're paying off our honeymoon on my credit card in chunks at the moment.
  • medusasmummy
    Options
    hi all :)

Yesterday i ventured out to the shops. the decision was made for me when at breakfast time we used the last of the cereal (thought i had another stashed in the back of the cupboard). So i fueled up the car at £50. Got the necessary groceries for £33.63 (stuck hard to the list).

My OH has been working away in central London since Monday, and sneakily came home early last night with food in tow paid from his food budget. He did get a telling off as that money could have gone in the savings pot, but his opinion was that he would have spent it if he was still away so we're no worse off. It was a lovely to have a night off the cooking :D

Today i've been clearing out the black hole under the stairs ready for our smart meter fitting tomorrow. Busying myself cleaning means no time for spending.
    Tomorrow i'll be waiting my fitting and staying in all day not spending. Saturday i'm at work so more not spending and Sunday i am planning a very lazy day at home with the OH and kids (maybe have a board game championship). So a possible 4 NSDs in a row in the future :j Fingers crossed :j

Good luck to all and keep tight hold on those purse strings :)
  • Pennydreams3
    Options
    So I was super ill on Tuesday, didn't leave the house so didn't spend anything, was much better yesterday and spent half the day cleaning out the garage, another nsd, and today makes 3! So I'm now onNSD 11/15 yay : )
    Sealed pot challenge 10 - 123 : )
    It all started with a penny and a pot..
    MFW 2017 #107 £934.50/£3000
    Remaining balance £157,719.60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business