Electric cars

Options

Comments

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    almillar wrote: »
    Can we agree they're 'behind some other manufacturers'?

Yep.

They are behind the companies that have invested in EV's, such as the Chinese, so now they want protection.

I don't think ignoring the future / direction of travel is a valid excuse.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    Sorry but I've got to do it - Looks like the PSA fanbois are out in force today! ;)
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know. Isn't it terrible when people point to the difference between showroom products and vapourware, and it doesn't suit your preconceptions.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    I know. Isn't it terrible when people point to the difference between showroom products and vapourware, and it doesn't suit your preconceptions.

And you'll be supporting your claims about the Tesla truck with links / references ........... when exactly?

• AdrianC
    Options
    When there's something more to say other than what I've already said. I don't see much point in useless repetition.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    When there's something more to say other than what I've already said. I don't see much point in useless repetition.

No need for repetition, once will do. Just asking you, politely, to post for the first time the links/references on which you based your claims about the Tesla trucks ..... after all, you claimed they were facts.

And you were good enough to support your claims that test rides in the trucks didn't take place, by posting a video clip of one of the test rides taking place.

You clearly want to engage with me, as you do so immediately on everything I post (I suspect a Tesla ran over your dog), so I'm simply engaging back. So, when you're ready.

PS. Your recent 'vapourware' post, were you referring the Tesla trucks that don't exist but are driving around the US for testing, or to the Model 3 that isn't being delivered, but is now the top selling plug-in in the US? Just looking for clarification of your claims/statements .... as always.

• Martyn1981
    Options
    Go on Germany, join the revolution, diesel is so like yesterday!

Germany’s Economy Minister Says Ready To Support EV Battery Manufacturers
    The Economy Minister of the current administration in Germany, Peter Altmaier, was recently quoted as saying that the government there was ready to begin offering support for regional plug-in electric vehicle battery manufacturing, it has been reported.

The German Economy Minister noted that one of the possibilities on the table was the idea of perhaps exempting the firm’s locally manufactured plug-in electric vehicles (EVs and PHEVs) from some of the country’s current energy levies.

If such a course of action ends up being pursued, it would represent quite a change of approach by the government of Germany, which to date has not done much to support a transition by the auto manufacturers based in the country to plug-in electric vehicles.

• AdrianC
    edited 11 April 2018 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    ...or to the Model 3 that isn't being delivered, but is now the top selling plug-in in the US?
    Yes, it hit that title with just under 1,900 cars delivered in January 2018. Woo. Out of a total of just under 1.2m cars delivered in the US that month. 0.15% of the total market, or about 1/3 of Porsche's total, and about 3/4 of Jaguar's.

So where are they now, compared to those production targets?

https://electrek.co/2018/04/03/tesla-record-production-model-3-vehicles-q1-2018/

Q1 18 production seems to be accepted as just under 10,000 cars, and may finally have been up to about a quarter of that full-scale 5,000/wk production target by the end of March, nine months after production started. So that's about 12,500 built in total to the end of last month. Deposits were claimed to be closing on half a million cars last summer. Who knows where they are now? Not much of a dent on that from deliveries, so if they're still static, new sales have been sparse - or are merely keeping pace with cancellations.

The financial media is sharpening knives.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2018/02/20/the-elusive-35000-model-3-a-godot-like-wait-for-the-mass-market-tesla/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-01/tesla-makes-last-ditch-model-3-deliveries-as-pressures-mount

Bloomberg are tracking production by allocated VINs - and it looks like they've almost hit 15,000 cars now, helped no end by almost reaching that 2,500/week. That's very good news - but very, very late. About six months after the initial targets aimed, and about on the revised targets from the start of this calendar year, six months after production started.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-tesla-tracker/
    Just looking for clarification of your claims/statements .... as always.
    Try actually reading what's posted - even the stuff that doesn't support your predetermined conclusions.

As for the truck... Well, I'll wait until there's something other than hype and prototypes out there, thanks, as I've explained umpteen times before. But you just go on swallowing that hype uncritically, if it makes you happy.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    As for the truck... Well, I'll wait until there's something other than hype and prototypes out there, thanks, as I've explained umpteen times before. But you just go on swallowing that hype uncritically, if it makes you happy.

I'm simply trying to check the validity of your claims. Or is it a case of do what you say not what you do?

So in order to avoid swallowing what you post without critically checking it first, could you now please answer the question by supporting your claims, or else I might have to assume that it's all a load of made up, fanciful, garbage?
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Anyways, back to you supplying proof of the grand statements that you've made, and for which I've asked many times now:-

1. Proof that the Tesla semi's at the launch event where not mules, just stage-locked vehicles barely capable of moving themselves.

2. Proof that the trucks now being load tested by Tesla are new mules, as you stated, knocked together after the launch.

3. Proof that most UK loads are near to max weight, or shall we say, within 2t of max.

I'm assuming this information is at your finger tips, after all, Shirley you wouldn't make those 'statements of fact' falsely?

I look forward to you finally answering.

• Martyn1981
    Options
    Bloomberg are tracking production by allocated VINs - and it looks like they've almost hit 15,000 cars now, helped no end by almost reaching that 2,500/week. That's very good news - but very, very late. About six months after the initial targets aimed, and about on the revised targets from the start of this calendar year, six months after production started.

Actually, Tesla originally said that they would be a 500,000 car company in 2020, but look like achieving that now in 2019.

Strange that you attack Tesla non-stop, but defend PSA for re-badging Mitsubishi's. :think:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback