Ruby's Bought a House, Now I want to Own It!

Options

Comments

• powerspowers
    powerspowers Posts: 1,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you get news on redeployment Ruby? I’m in local government and my job has changed so many times since last year, it’s really unsettling and imagine it’s worse in NHS 💐 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £1,075 /£3,600

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you get news on redeployment Ruby? I’m in local government and my job has changed so many times since last year, it’s really unsettling and imagine it’s worse in NHS 💐 
    Umm yes and no.  So far I've had 4 emails from 4 different people in the redeployment team all asking me the same thing :lol:  I've also been sent on training yesterday for 2 different roles and had a meeting with someone else about the possibility of helping out with her service (but we both agreed that there are probably better suited candidates out there for her).  So I have no idea what's going on!  Also got an email last night asking me to call the redeployment team but it was in answer to my very first email to them saying I was available.  So giving them a day to sort themselves out and will then give them a call tomorrow and try to work out where they need me.  Was a very stressful day yesterday and I just ended up crying at DH when I got home plus eating a lot of chocolate.  Felt a lot better today but still a bit useless but also know that it's all out of my control and I just need to focus on what I can do right now.  

Hope things start to calm down for you @powerspowers.  My uncle works in environmental health and he's been going through it too so we're all in the same boat pretty much.  Well actually, we're all trying to weather the same storm but in different boats (can't take credit for that analogy, saw it online somewhere!)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Right, new day, new week, new start.  I've been in a bit of funk for the last few weeks, even before Christmas, and it's time for me to climb out of the hole I've found myself in and try to get things back on track.  So last night I set out my workout clothes and prepped a smoothie for breakfast before I went to bed.  This meant the 5am wake up wasn't as difficult as it could have been!  Threw some weights around for a bit, had my smoothie, jumped in the shower, put proper clothes on, applied some makeup and was logging into work just before 7am 😲🤯  DH thinks I'm mad but if I get up earlier it means I finish work earlier and have time in the evening when it's still light to go for a walk which is also good for my mental health.  

We had a very lazy weekend but actually it was a good thing because it meant that week 1 of Team TOMM actually worked and I didn't need to do any cleaning!  The house still isn't perfect but it's clean and tidy for the most part, I just need to get the motivation to put the laundry away that's sitting on the bed in the spare room.

Money wise it's pay day on Friday and I should be able to send another £400 to the LISA so we're getting close to hitting the £4k target for this financial year which will be good.  Other money targets seem within reach before the end of March so we'll just keep chugging on and see what happens.
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • powerspowers
    Options
    Wow that sounds a productive Monday! 
    MFW 2021 #76 £5,145
    MFW 2022 #27 £5,300 
    MFW 2023 #27 £2,000
    MFW 2024 #27 £1,075 /£3,600

• SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, hadn't heard of TOMM before - I will have to try that.
    Mortgage 30Apr est. £184,460 £244,947, Ends Jan'38 Jun'39 (target Feb'31)
    H2B Loan Est: £73,657 (accord to NW) - saved for Jun25 so far £10

EF £6,325; Personal savings (PBs/ISA new car fund): £2149
    Check Seven Goals Regularly; Work-life balance.
    Celebrate being 60; Be 'Good Enough'
    Books Read: stuck on no.6 in 2024
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Ooh, hadn't heard of TOMM before - I will have to try that.
    It's a bit like the Fly Lady plan but for some reason I've found it easier to stick to.  The idea is you focus 30 minutes in a room each day and there are a handful of daily things to do as well across the house.  On Friday's there's a Friday Focus where you revisit a room and do the things you often put off or are more deep cleaning things.  There's a website with free printables, an app and a book so lots of resources to help and Gemma who started it all puts a daily playlist on Spotify as well to help motivate you.
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    So three days into the new me week and I've still managed to get up at 4:45 each morning and do a workout before work.  Managed a walk on Monday after work and then have spent yesterday and today walking around the hospital as I'm back on site again so that's getting the steps in. 

Feeling rather anxious about being on site and all the expectations that are being put on me to the point where I almost pulled out of the whole thing this morning, but feeling a bit more relaxed this afternoon and have had a chat with my manager who will support me to come back to my day job if I feel it's all a bit too much.  On the plus side I am getting my first dose of the Covid vaccine tomorrow so that's one step closer to some sort of normality 🤞

I think DH is really missing travelling and going on holiday - he's started watching videos on youtube of a guy reviewing different airlines and flights.  I think he's keen to book something for October / November time when we'd usually be looking to go away but I'm still a bit hesitant because we just don't know what will happen.  Till then I'm going to focus on adding to the holiday pot like I usually do and maybe we'll have enough for some epic trips in 2022.
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.  So week 2 of redeployment and well...not a lot is happening.  I'm still anxious about coming on site again and there doesn't appear to be a lot for me to do.  Having a chat with the manager tomorrow as she's busy today but think this may be my last week here hopefully.  Had my first dose of the Covid jab and it was relatively fine but my arm still feels sore from the injection a few days later.

Had about 4 inches of snow yesterday which started while I was on my way to the supermarket for the weekly shop.  Almost crashed my car into a roundabout on the way because it was so icy; I was literally going at 5mph but it was enough to make the back end fishtail out as I pulled onto the roundabout.  Thankfully I managed to get things under control and there weren't any other cars around.  Managed to navigate the roundabout and just came back home and glad I did because it got a lot worse and well yes, I probably would have been stuck.  Managed to pull together some food from the emergency supplies so we didn't starve and will pick up the shop on my way home this evening. 

It was payday on Friday and as we didn't have to pay council tax for February, I was able to transfer over £580 to the LISA.  This means I'll be able to max it out on next pay day which will be great.  Also transferred over £160 to the EF so that's getting a little bit closer each day to the magical £5k target. 

Had a letter through from the water company saying that the latest bill is being held because it looks like we used A LOT of water over the past 6 months.  That period of course covers toilet gate so I have to call them to explain before they'll release the bill.  It now means I can claim the extra money back from the bathroom suppliers so shouldn't really affect us too much 🤞

All in all, not a lot really going on here, just waiting for Monday to roll around so I can see what OP I need to make for the mortgage to round it off.
  • ruby_eskimo
    Options
    Morning all!  I'm back to working at home and feeling a lot better about everything.  I'm back in a routine that works for me and allows me to create healthy habits that I can hopefully stick to!

Ended January with 14 NSD's which was quite an achievement.  Going to aim for 20 again this month and already off to a good start.  Had our mortgage statement through from the bank and there weren't any surprises.  We haven't made enough OP's to warrant them changing our standard payments so just going to carry on chipping away.  The monthly payment still hadn't cleared when I logged on this morning so hoping it processes later so I can make an OP.

Savings wise I think we're on track to make most of our 2020/21 goals by April.  Then I need to sit down with DH and work out what we need to start aiming for next.  Its hard to make goals when you don't know what the next month will bring let alone the next 12 months.  I guess we'll just carry on as we are and see what happens.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback