6kg hold luggage allowance

Options
1235»

Comments

• ThinkingOutLoud_2
    Options
    Aletank wrote: »
    At the moment in a emergency you're not meant to collect your baggage from the overhead lockers, so no different really. They could have auto locks on, controlled.by the captain even
    I saw an article recently where someone was talking about designing just that under foot locker.

BUT look at the mess now with people carrying their existing bags. Now add a second carry on and imagine how long it will take to get on a full flight. And then the security queues ...

Checked baggage in many places works really well and for everyone. And if they priced it by weight that would encourage use vs a flat price even for an overnight bag.
    I am just thinking out loud - nothing I say should be relied upon!
    I do however reserve the right to be correct by accident.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aletank wrote: »
    At the moment in a emergency you're not meant to collect your baggage from the overhead lockers...

Yes but passengers want to leave with their possessions, look at the video footage of the BA plane on fire at Las Vegas and how many passengers have their hand luggage with them.

Even if locked, you'd still get some trying to open a locker and slowing down evacuation.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure