PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Redshank
    Options
    Hiya - I was in for January but was moving house and it all went a bit haywire, and February followed suit (didn't have internet connection for the first couple of weeks anyway. March is it though. Getting back on the wagon :) Month begins 28th Feb, only a four week month, so going to have a target of £200 :):)
    Newbie doing the best I can :D :A

Grocery Challenge Jan 2017 £144.17/£250
    Aiming to save £2,017 in 2017 - £156 so far :T
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Elsiepac that's a brilliant find on the almond milk in Aldi. Is that a special offer price or it's 'always' price, and do they do unsweetened?

Either way I think I may have to make the special effort to go to Aldi in the future. It is a little too far away to walk to regularly for me.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Spent £35.60 today, veggies, milk, orange juice that were needed, chocolates & biscuits that were not needed.

Medicines for OH who has a cold, core throat etc but doesn't like drinking lots of fluids unless it is alcohol.

Going to have to the buddies & chocolate to work I think...we both have decided to give up chocolates & biscuits for Lent. Which for the both of us is going to be a hard thing to do...as he loves the stuff & I have no staying will power when it comes to chocolate...

We can but try!

Have a good rest of the day all.

SIL
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 February 2017 at 5:45PM
    Options
    I overspent last month and don't have all my receipts to breakdown all my spends. (sad face). I want to do better and have decided to start the March challenge from tomorrow (27 Feb). My budget is £400.

Now off to meal plan

Good luck all x

Feb 2017 = £540.95/£250.00 :(
    overspent by £290.95

• *Margaret*
    Options
    Hi! I would very much like to join, but I am in Australian dollars! Am I still allowed? My budget will be an eye-watering (to you) $1000 for the month: that's four humans, two cats, some chickens and all toiletries and cleaning things, and we really never buy lunch or takeaway. I struggled to keep it at $300/week this month so this is a big cut.

Completely understand if my currency disqualifies me and I will just lurk instead in that case.

I don't think it will matter currency wise - we're not comparing with each other as we all have different budgets, family sizes and include different things. The target is just for you really.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can you put me down for my usual £140 for all food, cleaning, toiletries and pet food please? This month and from now on it needs to also include wine. That'll test my mettle:eek::eek:

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Imatryer
    Options
    New to this i'm going to try for £350 3 adults one teenager 3 dogs and visiting grown up child and grandchild.:rotfl:
  • purpleybat
    Options
    hello again all :)

can you put me down for £160 again please this month, I have a few hospital appointments coming up sand don't want to stress myself out too much (a little is good tho)

good luck all :D
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Armchair expert you are more than welcome to join in. It's just a personal challenge that we all encourage each other on so currency really doesn't matter.
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Elsiepac, home bargains have the shower gel all the time for 99p. I buy it to, though know stores are limited. They also sell almond milk etc. If you have one near worth a look.

Thanks for the heads up! I don't have a local Home Bargains but there are a couple of pound shops in the complex with my big tesco in, and I've seen the shower gels in there for a pound, they aren't a problem! It's the soaps I can't find anywhere at the minute!
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Elsiepac that's a brilliant find on the almond milk in Aldi. Is that a special offer price or it's 'always' price, and do they do unsweetened?

Either way I think I may have to make the special effort to go to Aldi in the future. It is a little too far away to walk to regularly for me.

Yep, they had both sweetened and unsweetened. It's ambient so you could get a few in one go if you can't get there regularly. It didn't look like it was a special offer, looked like normal pricing! I couldn't believe it!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport