PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Spends today at Al*i of £11.43. Just on essentials as we go on our holibobs on Friday - returning on 31st :D

Made a SC full of chilli today - using up last of already browned/then frozen mince and last pack of pre-cooked/then frozen onions, carrots and peppers.

I will have at least two meals out of it, one with jacket spud, sweetcorn and peas and one with wraps and salad, and then portion/freeze the rest.

I can have black pudding, eggs, toms, beans and HM rosti for another meal and loads of frozen HM Bolognese sauce so can make a lasagne with salad. So that's this week sorted, not much cooking to do, and should just about use all fresh stock as well :money:

I've plenty of HM veggie soups and bread in the freezer, eggs and tins of beans for lunches. Enough fruit frozen and fresh for four days. Only thing that might be tight is milk - we'll see how it goes.

Hope you all have a money-saving Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I am in again and would like to go for the usual £400 for march time just seems to be running away.

I was below budget last month by a little and make my final total £379 which I'm pleased with
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll be popping in to T=sco today to pick up the free Cross and Blackwell soups and some coriander. That's all I need for the meal plan this week. I seem to have done very well on soups what with the New Covent garden freebies and now the C & B. I usually prefer my own but when it's free it would be rude not to.
    I'll be making some beetroot hummus later today - it looks alarming but tastes great and makes a change from the usual stuff.
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 12:10PM
    Options
    i had a small spend on Friday but i've lost the receipt, i think it was about £5. it was for a few veggies and a loaf of bread and I know I paid cash and i never have more than £5 cash on me.

ill need to shop tomorrow for things like veg, bread and sarnie fillings. but as i have a groaning freezer to be used up and lots of potatoes and tins in i don't think it'll be a massive spend, well i hope not, i'm not doing very well this month.

the downside of saving money here is that i bought a cross stitch kit :D
    eek! also got a bit carried away buying yarn for a sweater, found it was cheaper to buy bulk packs of 10 balls at a time, so i ordered 3 different colours! 30 balls of cotton type wool for £55 i don't think is bad at all and it comes out of 'fun' budget.
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had to nip to the shops to pick up some more flour this lunchtime as I have some OOD yoghurt that needs using up and I'm going to turn it into a whole load of naan breads for the freezer. While I was there I also picked up peppers, mushrooms, a cauli and avocados for a total of £5.08. I'll need more fruit later in the week but I should be OK until then.

£65.35/£100
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    progressing as expected this month, the excitement about staying in budget has gone. It's now about the daily grind.
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Oof! Just spent £47.97 at Tes of co! They had that meridian smooth peanut butter on sale at £1, cheaper than the cheapest smooth peanut butter, so i picked up a couple of jars. Got mouthwash for me and for DS as they both had £1 off. I bought most of the fish/poultry/meat i need this month too, so other shops won't be so pricy. Although next week I'll be shopping for DS's party too.

Total is £109.86/196/5
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Managing well on the nsd front this week. I love those days when I don't feel the urge to spend - they're often few and far between!!

We had sausages tonight for dinner. I have enough left for two lunches as well. The fridge is slowly looking emptier - can't wait to be able to organise it properly!

Must organise meals for the rest of the week now. I have no inspiration atm. Weds has to be a quickie, like scrambled egg or stuff on toast, so tom should be a decent meal. Then it's just me to feed until Sunday dinner as the children will be with their dad. Must use stuff up, while also dieting!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSD here again - must pop to Aldi tomorrow though, but that will be it for the week :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    first spends of the month at tesco yesterday, spent £8 on basic bits and of course offers!! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure