I would rather be ironing than MOVING HOUSE :eek:

Feel free.....I've loads of ironing :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope your electrics get sorted soon
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Its a prankster too! It stuck its pretty pink foot out yesterday morning to try and trip me up:p, and I really stubbed my toe. I am sure i have actually broken it in fact.

:eek: So it's actually abusive?! Naughty thing. :eek: Hope your toe is feeling better & electrics back in working order soon.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Sounds like a good day, as long as we gloss over the toe and the entertainment expenses. Slashing the entertainment budget has been our single hardest thing (well, and clothes for me, but as a family I think the entertainment budget was the biggie). If it really needs cutting, maybe start with knocking a tenner a month off for a couple of months and see how you go?
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

It's lovely to get a nice compliment. It really sets you up for the day :)

Hope you manage to sort your electrics and the cat flap.

Naughty ironing board!

Have a lovely day xx
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    See - ironing is DANGEROUS - I knew it! :eek:

Maybe the ironing board tampered with the electrics? On the subject of the electrics, I was always told that you turn EVERYTHING off, reset the trip, and then turn things back on one at a time until you find what trips things out, but you may well have tried that already.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    That's what my electrician husband tells me to do EH - good advice. Then whatever it is that seems to trip it off, switch it off and everything else should work until you get to the bottom of the issue.

I knew there was a reason I got bad vibes from ironing... It's dangerous!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Smug, likes her work AND enjoys ironing? Who are you???
    Feel free.....I've loads of ironing :rotfl:

I feel like I am gaining a reputation
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hope your electrics get sorted soon

Thank you, the heroic husband fixed it :A
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    sashybo wrote: »
    :eek: So it's actually abusive?! Naughty thing. :eek: Hope your toe is feeling better & electrics back in working order soon.

I've forgiven it, we've decided to not let it get in the way of our new relationship. And the leccy is back!
    Sounds like a good day, as long as we gloss over the toe and the entertainment expenses. Slashing the entertainment budget has been our single hardest thing (well, and clothes for me, but as a family I think the entertainment budget was the biggie). If it really needs cutting, maybe start with knocking a tenner a month off for a couple of months and see how you go?

Pub spends were £11.15, could have been worse. I think you're right, cut it down gradually. I think I might be overcompensating, because I am fairly certain we are spending more now on going out than we were last year.
    Morning,

It's lovely to get a nice compliment. It really sets you up for the day :)

Hope you manage to sort your electrics and the cat flap.

Naughty ironing board!

Have a lovely day xx

Sorry for telling people on here about the compliment. I know it seems a bit smug (again:D) but I want to be able to read it back and remember the triumphs. I read back though my old diary recently (under my old username, 6 years ago) and I had posted about a nice compliment my boss at the time had given me but I didn't say what it was and now I can't remember.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • boxofpaws
    Options
    See - ironing is DANGEROUS - I knew it! :eek:

Maybe the ironing board tampered with the electrics? On the subject of the electrics, I was always told that you turn EVERYTHING off, reset the trip, and then turn things back on one at a time until you find what trips things out, but you may well have tried that already.
    JoJoC wrote: »
    That's what my electrician husband tells me to do EH - good advice. Then whatever it is that seems to trip it off, switch it off and everything else should work until you get to the bottom of the issue.

I knew there was a reason I got bad vibes from ironing... It's dangerous!

Thank you for the advice.

I don't know if the husband did that. Disturbingly, when I asked him how he fixed it, he said "I just fiddled with the wires". FIDDLED WITH THE WIRES. :eek:
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport