PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As I've eaten a whole 250 gram bag of choccies - and a packet of crisps, and I can't think what to eat .... I've not had "a meal" as such yet.

A cheese/pickle sandwich is the quickest/easiest - and then the remainder of the bread needs to go into the freezer.... *sighs* ... filling the freezer with unexciting things again/still.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't do much tidying because to tidy up everything needs to have a place to be put.... and I'm a bit short on suitable furniture, cupboards etc.

Also, if I might want the thing again soon, why go to the trouble of tidying it away when I can just put it down here - so that when I want it next time I can see it - and don't have to second guess where I put it.

I bought an electric screwdriver.... I've tidied it away and not seen it for months. Looked for it too! A few times. I've only got a small 2-up-2-down, no garage, it's not in the shed (as it's "electrical" so I'd have not put it in there).
    LOL I know what you mean:rotfl:I should in theory have enough space for "stuff" but my bedroom had become a bit of a dumping ground not helped by 15 years of financial stuff for a voluntary group I'm the treasurer of taking up most of a wardrobe. I've culled what I can of the old stuff which is currently steeping in a bucket of water to obliterate info before it goes in the recycling and have persuaded the group to buy lockable storage for the club so it should be gone soon. I've transferred it to big shopping bags ready for removal:D
  • caronc
    Options
    As I've eaten a whole 250 gram bag of choccies - and a packet of crisps, and I can't think what to eat .... I've not had "a meal" as such yet.

A cheese/pickle sandwich is the quickest/easiest - and then the remainder of the bread needs to go into the freezer.... *sighs* ... filling the freezer with unexciting things again/still.
    Well you'll need to get some interesting things to put in it as well......;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a weeks worth of posts to read, only read this page so far and now have a real yearning for worcester sauce on cheese on toast. Had a visitor staying and also had to do some travelling, so I was shattered when it was over. I must say that I have become used to being alone, doing what I want when I want. Shutting the door, coming home to my cosy nest

Allotment has taken up quite some time but food is now becoming available so it is greens with everything. I sorted the freezer today because I am going to have a panic as the blackcurrants are getting black and I pick enough to freeze for the whole year. Don`t know why I bought all those bulky croissants from costco, I am going to have to have one a day and a ready meal a day and GnTs to use up some ice cubes. I`ll have to eat this stuff faster than I can pick the currants

I have picked a small cabbage that I won`t waste but who on earth wants cabbage in this weather? Oh well, perhaps I will remember not to grow any next year. Today I had the frozen fish fingers that I had put away for the grandchildren, that gave me a few cubic inches of room. Had that with a large green salad. This evening was a turkey/chorizo hm ready meal with chopped greens and a GnT and ice cream on blackcurrant crumble from the freezer

Tomorrow will be a pot luck unlabelled ready meal and greens with some pizza and salad. Same the next day and the day after, although the pizza will be finished by then, phew. I forgot about the lovely plain yoghurts so they will have to be washed away down the sink tonight, much too much out of date

After the weekend I will not be travelling anywhere for the full week, glasto horrendous traffic. Furthest I`ll be going is to the village allotment and back. I am well stocked up, even bought antihistamine in case I get stung by anything

I`ll be catching up with the posts in a mo and have to say verbal thank yous as it will take too long, knowing the rate at which you all post
  • caronc
    Options
    Hi Kittie,
    Sounds as though you've had a busy week these G&Ts will be well-deserved:D.
    Home grown cabbage - I'd happily eat that any time of the year but if there's surplus what about pickling or fermenting it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Hi Kittie,
    Sounds as though you've had a busy week these G&Ts will be well-deserved:D.
    Home grown cabbage - I'd happily eat that any time of the year but if there's surplus what about pickling or fermenting it?

good idea but I already have six large jars of hm sauerkraut to eat, arghhh I forgot about them. They will be fine, kept cool and dark here. Got to go or the sink area won`t be cleaned, I like to get it all done before I get dozy. I plan to watch versailles cosy in bed tonight

Money, re the soya, which is very dark and may not come out. Your contents insurance may well kick in re the carpet
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    Your contents insurance may well kick in re the carpet

I'd never consider using insurance for something that's "my own stupid fault" ... not to mention the fact your file'd be marked. I'd go out and buy a cheery rug if I couldn't get a stain out. Cheaper, job done.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Have now had several goes at the carpet with detergent/water.

Will go back and take another look to see how its going.

Errrm...one teensy problem re any claiming off insurance would be I've not had "accidental damage" cover included for many a long year. I had some way back when I bought my first house to start with - just in case (ie because my father was helping me out with a lot of work on the house). After that was done - I've never taken that out again - as I'm a pretty careful person myself. So I have my "quota" of accidentally breaking the occasional glass or bit of crockery - but that's about it normally. So I leave it - figuring that if any accidental damage is done it will likely be by someone else (ie not myself) and it would be down to the "someone else" to cover the cost one way or another. I just wasnt going to expect it from my own family obviously - but workmen/lodgers I've had in the past/etc - yes it would be down to them.

Off for another check then....fingers crossed....I think it will be okay.
  • caronc
    Options
    Have now had several goes at the carpet with detergent/water.

Will go back and take another look to see how its going.

Errrm...one teensy problem re any claiming off insurance would be I've not had "accidental damage" cover included for many a long year. I had some way back when I bought my first house to start with - just in case (ie because my father was helping me out with a lot of work on the house). After that was done - I've never taken that out again - as I'm a pretty careful person myself. So I have my "quota" of accidentally breaking the occasional glass or bit of crockery - but that's about it normally. So I leave it - figuring that if any accidental damage is done it will likely be by someone else (ie not myself) and it would be down to the "someone else" to cover the cost one way or another. I just wasnt going to expect it from my own family obviously - but workmen/lodgers I've had in the past/etc - yes it would be down to them.

Off for another check then....fingers crossed....I think it will be okay.
    Fingers crossed - it might take a few days to get it all but detergent usually works. Just don't scrub- clean and then let it rise and repeat..... With two boys I have had my share of things spilt - raspberry puree on a pale grey carpet was the worst but it did eventually come out. (BTW - we were given the carpet not a natural choice with a young family :cool:)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good Evenin' Oneskis :D

I've been rather 'good' the last couple of days actually eating salad type stuff with one thing or another.

Went and did a big shop the other evening as the cupboards were bare and treated myself to some fresh fish :). I didn't buy anything sweet other than yoghurts so I am a chocolate/biscuit/cake etc free zone. If a sweet craving hits me I have wholemeal bread, unsalted butter and marmalade to see me through ;)

I haven't read the last page/s of this thread but hope all is well with you all :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family