Options
123457»

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Carl31 wrote: »
    Surely the perfect customer for a lender is someone that has large balances, pays the minimum capital back, and maximum interest, on time every month

What score is that? cant be 5/5?
    Is that the perfect customer? If only paying minimum then signals potential financial problems and higher risk of defaulting, surely?
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Candyapple wrote: »
    Can you take a screenshot please?

Or do you mean 630 score with Experian / Equifax?

No with noodle, ...I’ll try and screen shot
  • GM1880
    GM1880 Posts: 169 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I find this thread utterly bizarre.

First and foremost, well done Sue. Having had a slightly shoddy credit history, I'm sure it feels great to have something to show for your hard work.

Though I have an appreciation that the actual scores mean relatively little and the content is all important and how lenders interpret that is different to one another, they are clearly a broad guide. Someone with no CCJs/Defaults etc is more than likely going to have a higher score than someone like me for example. It's not unreasonable to feel a little better about your finances if you have a higher score. As long as you're not obsessing on the number over the content, there's little harm in enjoying seeing your score improve over time.

As for the idea mooted that there's no need to check your credit report, that's poor advice surely?. Granted, if you have a excellent history (though how would you know if you don't check) then it's less likely you'll have to rely on checking your credit file. But if you've a chequered past and you plan to apply for a mortgage for example it's essential to do so surely. It's surely negligent to suggest you don't need to keep an eye on your credit file?

Anyhow. To get back to the point of this, well done Sue! I envy your position.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure