Earn at home

Options

Comments

• k18dan
    k18dan Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Can I please remind all users that exchanging personal details via pm is not allowed on MSE.

all replies can be added to this thread so that all can benefit and should there be any referral links then they need to go onto the proper referral board.

Can I ask why this is? Also what is meant by 'personal details'
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    k18dan wrote: »
    Can I ask why this is? Also what is meant by 'personal details'

Personal info is anything that would identify you, so email, addresses etc. It is designed to keep all users safe as MSE is an unmoderated forum. If there is any information to be shared about moneysaving it can be done openly on the threads so that all can share, there is never a need to swap details or information via PM.

The basic forum rules are here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.236016451.331586186.1446391648

Why can't I give something to/buy something from someone on the forum?

A.
    The safety of our forum users is paramount. For this reason, we can't allow anyone to exchange their personal details either on the open forum or via private message, however honourable the intention.

This means we don't allow selling, trading, exchanging, or swapping, or giving gifts. Nor do we permit links to your eBay auctions, or other forms of advertising.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • k18dan
    edited 11 March 2016 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Personal info is anything that would identify you, so email, addresses etc. It is designed to keep all users safe as MSE is an unmoderated forum. If there is any information to be shared about moneysaving it can be done openly on the threads so that all can share, there is never a need to swap details or information via PM.

The basic forum rules are here:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=1.236016451.331586186.1446391648

Why can't I give something to/buy something from someone on the forum?

A.
    The safety of our forum users is paramount. For this reason, we can't allow anyone to exchange their personal details either on the open forum or via private message, however honourable the intention.

This means we don't allow selling, trading, exchanging, or swapping, or giving gifts. Nor do we permit links to your eBay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

Ok.. thanks for the reply - the reason I asked is they were not exchanging personal information just links to how to earn extra money

I don't normally question this sort of thing but just thought your post was abit strange and not in context? :huh:
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2016 at 12:53PM
    Options
    k18dan wrote: »
    Ok.. thanks for the reply - the reason I asked is they were not exchanging personal information just links to websites.

I don't normally question this sort of thing but just thought your post was abit strange and not in context? :huh:

I think the issue is that whilst most people on here are absolutely fine, some newer users perhaps might be tempted to sign people up via referral schemes , so to stop that MSE have to stop everyone even if that means some very helpful regular posters get caught up in it.

If something is useful and doesn't break MSE rules (ie advertising own site etc) then there is absolutely no reason not to post it openly on the thread, there is no need for a PM. Whilst it was not the case here, I am personally concerned about the pyramid style selling, the herbal juices and 'health' products that often get spammed on here and where newer users might feel that being given details by PM somehow makes it OK.

This is of course just my interpretation of the rules, I am just a board guide so all decisions are actually made by the forum team, not me and as per the usual rules all my posts can also be reported just like any other users.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • k18dan
    Options
    I think the issue is that whilst most people on here are absolutely fine, some newer users perhaps might be tempted to sign people up via referral schemes , so to stop that MSE have to stop everyone even if that means some very helpful regular posters get caught up in it.

If something is useful and doesn't break MSE rules (ie advertising own site etc) then there is absolutely no reason not to post it openly on the thread, there is no need for a PM.

This is of course just my interpretation of the rules, I am just a board guide so all decisions are actually made by the forum team, not me.

Ok that makes sense - thanks :beer:
  • pliusas
    pliusas Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mystery shopping, prolific academic, panelbase etc - I do more than £100 extra.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pliusas wrote: »
    Mystery shopping, prolific academic, panelbase etc - I do more than £100 extra.

A week....?
  • pliusas
    pliusas Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes, around £400-£500 a month extra.
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I'd have to win every Panelbase DNQ to get that sorta money :rotfl:
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'm lucky in that my online job has become my main job. I started it part-time to top up my "normal" job, and have been doing it full-time for about 3 years now. Last year I made just over £28,000.

A few months ago I started doing additional work, audio typing from home, and am averaging about £200 a month from that, on top of my main income.

Working online can really reap rewards, but you have to be willing to put in the work and not expect a get rich quick scheme. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is! During my busiest times last year there were days when I worked until 3 or 4am, only to get up at 9am and start again.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure