Sashybo - Back Again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.7K replies 98.8K views

Replies

• boxofpawsboxofpaws Forumite
    493 posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi sashybo, I subscribed to your thread a few days ago and have been reading. You've paid off so much debt, amazing!

Looking forward to hearing about more baby preparations:)

Boxofpaws
    Debt 03/01/17 = £42000
    Debt today = £27,819.22
  • sashybosashybo Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Now I see :)

It's ok to rest, you are growing a new person after all.

Hope you get your early night.

Finding the early shifts quite tough at the moment, all that person growing must be hard work. :rotfl: Got to bed earlier but not much more sleep unfortunately. Will try again tonight.
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Hi sashybo, I subscribed to your thread a few days ago and have been reading. You've paid off so much debt, amazing!

Looking forward to hearing about more baby preparations:)

Boxofpaws

Hi Boxofpaws, thanks for reading. :hello: We've been in debt for a looong time! :o Getting there slowly but surely. :) Baby prep will probably take over this diary shortly. :rotfl::eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £15,399 extra paid off debt.
    Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well feeling very tired today - actually fell asleep at my desk at work for half an hour. :o Luckily it was quiet so it wasn't so bad. :cool:

Didn't get my afternoon nap today as came home & went straight out again to Aldi's with DH. We got quite a lot of stuff and shouldn' t need much for a while now.

Bought some baby sleepsuits as they had 3 for £4.99, one yellow and two white with little yellow giraffes on them. Nice to see a unisex option as well as the usual pink & blue. :) So many shops just either have pink or blue baby clothes and no unisex options which is a bit rubbish.

When we got back DH started dinner and I ironed the work shirts. No chance of going near the wardrobes, maybe tomorrow but have a midwife appointment after work so will see what time I get home from that. Would like a short nap as well if I can.

Definitely getting to bed earlier tonight, so tired and baby seems quite active! DH said when he got home from work last night I was sleeping so he said hello to the bump and got a big kick in response. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

• BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole clothes colour thing is very annoying for babies. My daughter has been given lots of gorgeous obviously girls clothes but I also like to get the wear out of unisex items like jeans and tops of her brother's. But as soon as you dare to dress a girl baby in 'boys' clothes i.e not pink, people seem to be unable to cope and despite obviously feminine features ask how my son is???
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Bob, yes the colour thing is weird, I've really not seen much that is unisex and I just mean white/cream/yellow, nothing very unusual - instead it's all pink or blue. I don't think I'd want to dress either sex exclusively in one colour to be honest. :shocked: I don't understand why other people seem to get upset/confused when you don't want to do this. :cool:

It's like all the colour coded toys - don't even get me started on how sexist some of them are. :mad: DH has to listen to me rant about it - all the little boys I've ever known have played with dolls and love the toy hoovers/irons etc cos they want to be like mum & dad and help around the house (unfortunately I'm told that doesn't last long :rotfl:) but most of them are pink and/or obviously marketed towards girls. :mad:

Midwife appointment went well and got to hear the baby's heartbeat which was nice. :) My ante-natal classes start at the end of next month so am trying to work out how to attend around my & DH's shifts as we'd both like to go together. The classes are at weekends and there are 2 sessions a day but we only get one weekend off every 3 weeks so might be tricky.

Went out on my break at work and bought a pair of jeans the next size up as will need them shortly, they were only £9 :j. Only have the one pair that fit atm which I am wearing to work instead of the massive work maternity trousers, smaller size have still not arrived. :mad: I also got a pair of stretchy soft trousers for wearing in the house, again just a size up instead of maternity ones and a longer top as feel my normal ones are getting a bit short. Oh and had to buy more big pants, the glamour. :rotfl:

Just going to chill out tonight as feel the need to rest.

• Just wanted to say don't be hard on yourself re the car loan.... at the end of the day you'll be saving in the long run as you'll be paying less interest. And sometimes needs must, even if it's a horrible feeling. I've just got another credit card to do a 0% balance transfer and feel like I've committed some sort of crime!! :)
    Total at 9th Feb 12 - £17,500 :eek: Now - £6,851.05
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
    Wedding Pot - £0.00 :o
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Peabody :rotfl: at your terrible 0% balance transfer crime. :rotfl: Just feels like one step forward & two steps back at times, sure we'll get there eventually.:)

10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the colour coded toys thing, there is a pink Jenga set!!! Because????

3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh Bob, pink Jenga??!! Just....why?:mad:

Work was fine today, just feeling sleepy, hate getting up in the mornings. :(

My mum was picking my nieces & younger nephew up from school today so I met her there & drove them home. The twins are 8 & their brother is 10 and oh the talking! :rotfl: They all compete to speak first & then all talk over each other anyway. :eek: It's hard trying to pay attention to them all more or less equally. :eek:

Don't know how my sister does it to be honest, she also has a 15yo boy (in the grunting instead of speaking phase), works and goes to college, all on her own. Hats off to her, she's a legend, don't think I'd last 2 mins :rotfl: They wanted the radio turned up in the car when I was driving so were like, Does your radio not work? :rotfl: Subtle! Then they were asking why the lady was singing sweet dreams are made of cheese. :rotfl: They do make me laugh. :)

10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha ha sounds like a lovely happy mad house of a car today :)