Sashybo - Back Again

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.7K replies 98.6K views

Replies

• Eager_ElephantEager_Elephant Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember being told by my midwife that no one ever tells you about easy labours, everyone loves to tell tales about horrific labours and then you think it is the norm.

I had my son at 15 (he is now 20) and I was petrified, my aunt had been in labour for 3 days and I had nightmares about it.

Both my labours have been amazing, in labour with son for 7.5hrs and had gas and air, home the next day and then with my daughter (she is now 14yrs old)I was in labour for 3.5hrs and had gas and air. Home about 6 hours later.

I don't actually want more children but I was told it is usual for labour to halve each time so if I had another I might not make it to the Hospital!!

I don't mind Yodel although my last parcel came on different days (not sure why they weren't sent at the same time), neighbour said they would be out so left note on front door to leave behind brown bin (next to front door) but when I got home he had left it with the neighbour on the other side. I live on a very busy road and we might get 1 car a day stop outside our house to answer phone etc - no one is going to steal my dog food!!
  • BobarellaBobarella Forumite
    10.8K posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sashybo - sorry OH is on opposite shifts. It's a pity to miss each others company. How often does he swap shifts?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybosashybo Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's reassuring to hear about labour EE, think some people kind of like trying to freak me out with bad stories of being in labour for days.:eek:

Hi Bob, DH changes weekly on a Sunday so he will go on to late shifts next week & I'll be late shift Sun, Mon, Tues but change to early shift on Friday for 7 days again. :doh: We both have Wed & Thurs off though which is good. We're mostly used to it now after 5 years of both working shifts (I've pretty much always worked shifts anyway) but do miss catching up some days.

Just a quick check in whilst on my dinner break, back to my desk shortly.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

PAD started 27/01/09 - £15,399 extra paid off debt.
    Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have managed to pay an extra £2.50 off my loan today on top of my usual £1 due to a survey site one of the PADders recommended, 0pinion Outpost which pays out to your Paypal in £2.50 installments. :j

Still 5p off my £40 cashout on 0nepoll, fingers crossed for a survey tomorrow. Also got a cheque for £50 through from one of my other survey sites which I wasn't expecting, didn't realise I had got to payout. :j Will probably pay half of that off the loan and put the other half into the baby fund when the cheque clears.

Managed to get my ironing done before work yesterday and have also ironed the uniform shirts (both mine & DH's so 7 in total :eek:) this morning. Apart from that today I've only had a shower as feeling tired again, though better after my shower.

Need to buy a birthday card for one of the men in work as he was 40 yesterday but not in with us again until tomorrow. Our shift has collected some money so going to get him a helium balloon with a nice big 40 on it, a cake, a bottle of the vodka he likes (which was on offer :j) & give him the rest of the cash to do what he wants with. We've had a lot of big birthdays in the last few years on my shift (mostly 60th & 65ths though :eek:) so I like to make sure they all get a helium balloon with their age on it. :rotfl: Actually nearly forgot about this birthday although I knew about it. :o My memory is so bad right now.:o Thankfully someone asked him why he had the weekend off, so we've had enough time to collect money and get him something. :o

Poor DH is feeling a bit down as has been working mostly 10 hour shifts this week. :( At least we will see a bit more of each other for the next few days. Talking to the baby & feeling it move about seems to cheer him up. For some reason it usually gets quite hyperactive when he touches my bump. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Total Debt paid off £67,037 Car loans £13,833 Garage conversion £5,766, O/D 0% BT £1,838.

10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baby knows Daddy's there and can't wait to meet him :)

3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Bob, I definitely think the baby recognises him. :D He got a few wee kicks last night as well. :)

Nothing much to report today, should really clean the bathrooms before work but will see how I feel.

Need to go and buy the 40 helium balloon and some milk for the house before I start work. Will try and bank my cheque too if I have time.

Have done another couple of surveys but got kicked out of the only one on 0nepoll. :( Hopefully another one pops up later in the day so I can get to cashout.

Need to start filling in forms for work to apply for a job share when I want to go back after the baby is born. Think it will be a bit of a fight as they don't like giving job shares and there's never been one in my job role before. Going to read up on family friendly policy etc and speak to union rep as well but feeling a bit worried about it. Unfortunately there's no way I can work 7 shifts in a row with a baby when my DH is also a shift worker but I do want to go back to my job. :(

• kirtsypooskirtsypoos Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for your job share sashybo, I'm sure they won't want to lose you so hopefully common sense prevails.
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 hellium balloons? Hope you don't get carried away like Up :)

3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Kirsty, hope so, thanks for dropping in. The boss above my manager has said they don't want to lose me, so hopefully they will agree to the job share. Just concerned they will try to move me into a different role on another shift where it's easier to get a job share partner. Will fill in the forms over the next few weeks & take it from there.

:rotfl::rotfl: Bob Don't worry it was only 1 balloon with the number 40 on it. :D

Finally got to £40 on 0nepoll. :j:j Have cashed out so just wating for that to appear and will pay half to the loan and half to the baby fund.

Looking for a new car at the moment and finding prices a bit appalling. :( Currently have a very small city car on PCP so need to get something slightly bigger with 5 doors. Can't really do without a car each as we both work shifts but don't want to be paying too much per month for my car as will be on mat leave & then a reduced income from job share.

Also don't want to pay too much road tax etc. Think we'll be browsing the second-hand car dealers on our days off. :cool: Will need to start saving some money per month for things like MOT/Servicing/repairs as well if we go second-hand so that's another cost to think about. :(

10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you get the job share ok, and oops about the balloon gaff, you can't take me anywhere ;)