Plodding determinedly up a 300k mountain!

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope it mends very very quickly. Have they given you a time limit? How did you do it???
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Eeek to your foot.
    Take it easy.
    Cake sounds just lush though :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ouch! Hope it heals without issue

Great deal on brother's Xmas present:T

Gotta love banana cake
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • michelle09
    Options
    Thanks everyone, got a late shift today so I can spend the morning sat with my foot up. Thankfully work have been good about me not standing up while working. I'm trying to avoid taking time off sick because a) I don't feel ill in myself and b) I'm going on holiday in five days and am definitely not letting anything get in the way of my mulled wine at the Christmas markets. :beer:

The banana cake was great, greent. And it turns out OH doesn't like it (because it tastes like banana....:huh:), but that means all the more for me.

Apart from bits and pieces to pick up in Brussels all of our Christmas shopping is done and dusted. Which is good because I'm still juggling finances to make sure we can afford the £749 remortgage arrangement fee that will be sitting on December's credit card bill.
  • michelle09
    Options
    Back in Britain for the cold snap, wishing we were still away! Didn't do too badly while we were away, found an Aldi in the middle of Brussels that we bought food for breakfast and dinner at, then just ate out for lunch. Hotel was fine, not fantastic, but if you go for one of the cheapest places in a city you go in with the right expectations. Bed was super comfy though and they definitely did not skimp on the heating. We did splash out on some Belgian chocolate, but it was definitely worth it.

Foot is still unhappy so not back at work yet, keeping it nice and rested. Hoping it will be healed up before Christmas.

Iceland are doing a great deal for us at the moment, 10% off for emergency service workers. Both OH and I are, so we have swapped our shopping to Iceland (which is our closest supermarket anyway).

November's payday puts us that much closer to the kitchen fund being complete and was our first lower mortgage payment. It's a slow going, but we are moving in the right direction at least!

Current Balance: £247,300.00
    Kitchen Savings: £10,250/£13,000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,395 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you enjoyed your break & hope the foot is on the mend really soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    It's a slow going, but we are moving in the right direction at least!

All progress is progress, and it'll snowball eventually.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A comfy bed and good heating are great to have at a cheap hotel :) and mortgage debt sinking, even slowly, is long-term brilliant :)

Sorry your foot's still bad, though :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • michelle09
    Options
    Thanks beanie, and KC. It is still painful but hopefully will clear up soon? It's such a pain and people keep asking what I did and it is such a rubbish injury! Exactly. If the shower had been big enough to stand in then I wouldn't have had any complaints.

Thanks SJ. It's starting to get there, as soon as we've finished the repairs in April/May we should have another 1-2K each month to play with. That's got to start knocking down some of our capital.

Christmas tree is back in the house and decorated. :D Cat has so far not pulled it over, but it's early days yet.

Quiet weekend, hiding inside from the large quantity of snow and many tube closures.

Current Balance: £247,300.00
    Kitchen Savings: £10,500/£13,000
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope your foot is healing, had you done it a while before investigating it? Hopefully the cat won't be too destructive with the tree!

We've had a lot of snow here today, snowed constantly since about 6am and seems like it's just stopping now.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback