New Journey

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Good choice on the contract, I was going to buy outright but like you did the maths and it was cheaper, even before the cashback,
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    CL I LOVE my SE - such a great phone with all the advantages of the 6S without the larger size - just suits me down to the ground. Good maths done there too - I did precisely the opposite when I got mine - switched to SIM only and bought the phone outright as there were no decent contract deals at the time!

Hope your stomach sorts itself out, but it sounds like a good idea to have a chat with the GP - might be that the Gluten free thing needs a tweak to exclude something else but only getting tests for allergens again will tell you. Pal of mine was having some horrible problems with her skin and was so glad she got allergy tested as it turned up all sorts of things that she'd never have thought of, she's so much better now!

You mentioned paying for waxing - have you thought of investing in an epilator? They are incredibly good, mine has certainly paid for itself many times over.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    EE have just been setting up my SE , which is like a military operation as always afraid of doing it wrong. Suffice to say it's all set up and working. Everything has come over so happy with that. Did feel a bit guilty getting into a contract again but seemed a good deal.

Will be selling old phone , hoping to get at least £150. iPad is at parents for Christmas.

I will feel better speaking to doctor next week, I am managing ok with it at the moment but doesn't feel quite right. Things are a bit stressful at the minute , nothing dire just lots of balls to juggle , but next week it should calm down ,

I think you have read my mind as well EE , been looking at epilators , but they look like torture . Will do research and see if I get any money for Xmas or birthday.

NSD today , which after the day I have had is amazing.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Glad you feel better. I am also GF but if I eat too many processed foods I suffer. I haven't worked out what in them makes me feel rubbish but going back to basics food wise and eating unprocessed whole foods gets me on track. I can eat a little dairy but sometimes I tip it too far and that affects me too. How does dairy affect you? It is often a culprit...

Maybe stress is affecting your digestion too. It does mine.

I hope you get it sorted

Have a good day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    EE have just been setting up my SE , which is like a military operation as always afraid of doing it wrong. Suffice to say it's all set up and working. Everything has come over so happy with that. Did feel a bit guilty getting into a contract again but seemed a good deal.

Will be selling old phone , hoping to get at least £150. iPad is at parents for Christmas.

I will feel better speaking to doctor next week, I am managing ok with it at the moment but doesn't feel quite right. Things are a bit stressful at the minute , nothing dire just lots of balls to juggle , but next week it should calm down ,

I think you have read my mind as well EE , been looking at epilators , but they look like torture . Will do research and see if I get any money for Xmas or birthday.

NSD today , which after the day I have had is amazing.

re the old phone check it but i think mazuma and music magpie are on topcashback a bit extra money ontop of the phone sale lol "Every little helps"
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I've got an epilator. Its painful but not unbearable - like waxing really.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    I find as long as I epilate regularly I get used to it - it's when you get complacent because it's winter and trousers/thick tights season and then suddenly realise you've let them go several months that it's a bit eeky! I do only do legs although I know you can use them for armpits and elsewhere as well - definitely "nowhere north of the border" is my watchword though! :p :rotfl: Mine is a Brau SilkEpil.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Im going the hairy look lol
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,334 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hairy winter look here :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Will reply properly tomorrow . Bit sad tonight, someone I think the world of has had to fly half way round the world at short notice , and will be away for a while. Didn't get chance to say goodbye .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure