🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New Journey

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What Beanie said. Have a lovely trip to the Lakes tomorrow. You're incredibly organised with your Christmas shopping, but I guess Australia is approaching :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What Beanie said. Have a lovely trip to the Lakes tomorrow. You're incredibly organised with your Christmas shopping, but I guess Australia is approaching :).

I would be in panic mode if I didn't sort Christmas out, I find it very stressful to leave to last minute. This is the second year I have saved money every month for birthdays, Christmas etc so it's all budgeted for no credit card bill , hence why I have managed to do it.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's very sensible and I agree cuts down on the stress of Christmas. I've hardly got anything yet, but we have very little cash so I'm thinking of charity shop presents :o.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I've saved for xmas year for the first time,I don't want to spend the money though so havebonly bought one pressy so far,I like seeing the money in my savings as I've never had any before
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It's very sensible and I agree cuts down on the stress of Christmas. I've hardly got anything yet, but we have very little cash so I'm thinking of charity shop presents :o.
    I got my friend a boxed Osprey handbag tassel/keyring last year from a CS and it was her favourite gift :)

Hope you enjoyed the Lakes Cumbria :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,658 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you had a lovely time in the Lakes.
    You are so organised and it must feel soo good.
    I’ve got a few bits along the way for Christmas but I need to get a list together to see what I’ve got and not got and what I need to get. My biggest problem is my 2 gks birthdays are only a few weeks before and I need to see what they’ve got before I go buying. I’ve taken a chance on some things already that shouldn’t matter if they’re doubled up. I am cutting back this year though.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,735 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you have had a lovely time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    Options
    I had the loveliest time in Cumbria, the weather made everywhere look beautiful. It was freezing though I had to wear hat and gloves . The minute I see hills and lakes I feel a peace descend over me . Cumbria will be my retirement destination I hope. Did a 5 mile walk just on local paths around Windermere , the views were stunning.

Arrived home to some drama , with people who live near me . A man with dementia had gone missing my neighbour .His poor wife had reported him missing and the police arrived. Some 10 mins later he came back in his car after being gone for 3 hours as though nothing was wrong. His car had appeared on ANPR as having gone to the big shopping centre near me , but he doesn't remember . It is a terrible illness , at least he returned .

I also had a very angry landlord who had parked her car at where I live and had her car scratched , she chose to phone me and scream all sorts of threats as to what she will do when she finds out who has done it. Lord knows what she thought I could do , I was t even here . Nowt stranger than folk.

Work today was very busy but I was in bed at 8pm last night so was well able to cope as I had a decent nights sleep for me.

I need to update my spending and move money around now or I will get in a pickle. Tomorrow is the dentist , hoping for just a check up fee.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What a kerfuffle you came home to Cumbria! Was the landlord's car a bit posh for the neighbourhood?

I'm glad you had such a lovely time in the Lakes :).
  • System
    Options
    What a kerfuffle you came home to Cumbria! Was the landlord's car a bit posh for the neighbourhood?

I'm glad you had such a lovely time in the Lakes :).

Not really no, the car is the same as mine but about 5 years newer. It was where she parked we have had letters telling us not to park there, but she doesn't listen. Anyway she may be a family member of my son in law but serves her right. Plus she has plenty of money to mend it. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport