New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Sounds like you’ve had a great day CL. I’m looking forward to replacing the gks baby toy box with a few more grown up toys to free up a bit of space in the spare bedroom.

It’s a shame how most of the markets around these parts have dwindled to nothingness. The one in my home town used to be a great market but it’s rubbish now they’re trying to revive it with food outlets...I’m running my freezer down so I can visit a big market on the tram to restock with some meat and fish from there.

Have a lovely weekend[/QUOTE

Sounds like the same place I visited last weekend , the big market . Unless you have another one your way.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could well be the same one - we go on the tram a couple of times a year. Dh like the black pudding too....
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Could well be the same one - we go on the tram a couple of times a year. Dh like the black pudding too....

Yes it was that one , friend bought the black pudding.
  • System
    Options
    Feeling a bit sad, my DGC highchair is going tomorrow, they are growing up way to fast for me . :cool:

Going to remember to go for my flu jab tomorrow. Also need to go for waxing, I think I have a moustache growing. :rotfl:

Bedtime now , want an early start at supermarket .
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I work for the nhs so we get a free flu jab,I haven't been able to get one yet this time because my hospital have run out,it seems this year all the staff aare having it and it's taken them by surprise,I'm hoping I can get one next week
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • System
    Options
    I work for the nhs so we get a free flu jab,I haven't been able to get one yet this time because my hospital have run out,it seems this year all the staff aare having it and it's taken them by surprise,I'm hoping I can get one next week

I get one free as well because of the lung condition I had, which I now don't have . May ask to be removed from the doctors list.
  • System
    Options
    Shopping done £15.63 , I have got a couple of bits for Xmas as well food wise. As I am not home until the 24 th Dec I would still like a couple of treats in. Orange sticks are my fave so got them today.

Been for the flu jab as well. Hoping now not to use my car until Monday , everywhere I need to go today is in walking distance.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    My surgery has run out of flu jab too. I managed to book DH and DS2 in, but need to ring again in two weeks to book me in. We get free ones too due to diabetes and asthma. As I caught flu last year despite having the jab, I do wonder sometimes why I bother!

Have a nice weekend.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on being organised for xmas Cumbria. I've got the odd present already, but really need to get my finger out.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,620 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I know what you mean about the DGC growing up too fast. My DGD2 is 6 months old and has already grown out of the snuggly newborn phase. My 3 year old DGD1 is so grown up too and my DD2 says her and my son in law are definitely not having more DC. My DD1 is a career girl and doesn't have a partner so not sure if she will ever have kids.

Good plan to get organised for Christmas. When do you go to Australia?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure