Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great news Cumbria Lass - a wonderful new start for you :D
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    So glad it all went well :)
    A round of applause for the NHS consultant too :T
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments it means a lot.

I am still slightly surprised by the outcome of my visit and need to get my head round the fact that I am well. I have spent so much time worrying about my health and lungs that it hasn't sunk in yet. When it does I know that I want to to return to running, but will need help with this , probably couch to 5k I will follow.

On money news £46 has been returned to my account for delayed journey to London..I thought it was more .

Shopping today was £24.51 needed teabags so bought big box from Aldi . Plus some £1.49 shoes that look like Crocs for going outside in. I keep ruining my slippers outside .

Am ready for work now , lunch done , just waiting for tea to defrost shepherds pie made a few weeks ago. I am shadowing another team on Tuesday , quite looking forward to it. Friend coming Tuesday night not seen her in a while.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You have inspired me to aim for couch to 5k too, maybe by the end of the year once I progress in my walking.

Hope the shadowing goes well

Now you can look forward to a healthy future :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That will be great for you to go back to running, and wonderful for you to adapt to being a healthy person. Your mum must be so relieved.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    Options
    Not much to report really, work was just steady and got a few things done and out of the way. NSD was had and am hoping for 3 this week.

Need a good list making night but maybe not this evening. Put the heating on for 15 mins tonight just to make sure it's working ok. Am trying to keep it off as much as possible now .

Wash up and think tv for a while before bed.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Ha, I also put the heating on the other day to make sure it works! It does, but it made all the dust in the radiators rise up and my allergies are awful at the moment. Lots of hoovering in my future before it comes on again.

What brilliant news about your health, it must be such a big change not to have to worry about it.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic news. It was worth the agro of travelling to hear the good news I'm sure ;) Pity you didn't get to Harrods though.

I bet you are on the countdown to Oz now - you have done so well keeping to your budgets .
    January spends - £587.58
  • System
    Options
    The week has gone by again in a flurry of activity.

3 NSD days achieved.

Tuesday found me shadowing in a different section , didn't much like the work because of the way the section is structured, but the staff were fantastic and I learnt a great deal , which going forward will help.

Had a visit from a friend Tuesday night, who is such a lovely person, but her family seems to take advantage of her good nature and she was very upset by this.

Wednesday found me in TC again , Xmas shopping for a few more bits. I have money flying here there and everywhere at the moment. I am keeping on top of it , and sticking to budgets.

We are changing the way we work in my area at work, if you remember we restructured last October and nearly 12 months on things still aren't working great. Hence to say the section I did the shadowing in , I will be joining them one day a week in a training capacity, me training them. For this I am getting an upgrade for 5 months which will give me about £80 extra a month and give my pension a little boost. It's until April , but we will see.

Thursday was very quiet at work and the evening the same.

Today has been the childminding, managed to get out for a 2 mile walk with DGD . Picked DGS up and took Great Gran as well, he loved that.

Hoping for a cleaning, shopping, ironing day tomorrow.

Sunday off up the Penines for a day with a good friend .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    The week has gone by again in a flurry of activity.

3 NSD days achieved.

Tuesday found me shadowing in a different section , didn't much like the work because of the way the section is structured, but the staff were fantastic and I learnt a great deal , which going forward will help.

Had a visit from a friend Tuesday night, who is such a lovely person, but her family seems to take advantage of her good nature and she was very upset by this.

Wednesday found me in TC again , Xmas shopping for a few more bits. I have money flying here there and everywhere at the moment. I am keeping on top of it , and sticking to budgets.

We are changing the way we work in my area at work, if you remember we restructured last October and nearly 12 months on things still aren't working great. Hence to say the section I did the shadowing in , I will be joining them one day a week in a training capacity, me training them. For this I am getting an upgrade for 5 months which will give me about £80 extra a month and give my pension a little boost. It's until April , but we will see.

Thursday was very quiet at work and the evening the same.

Today has been the childminding, managed to get out for a 2 mile walk with DGD . Picked DGS up and took Great Gran as well, he loved that.

Hoping for a cleaning, shopping, ironing day tomorrow.

Sunday off up the Penines for a day with a good friend .

That's good news on the extra money, even if it is temporary. A day in the Penines sounds lovely.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport