Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I agree ^
    I'd guess shes on a weeks notice & i've give it today!
    Staff was bang out of order, she is costing you money that is your future Mooloo and that poor attitude that she keeps giving you, her employer, thats now unforgivable.
    Staff is no longer helping when you go on holiday as she has so 'kindly' gone back on her word so I can't see any real reason to keep her on until her intended 'retirement' date as she isn't doing you any favours and is just giving back chat, looks and costing you much needed income. You have the other seamstress, you could legitimately give her notice as work that has been quoted too cheaply means you can't afford to keep her until july (which i'm guessing she told you rather than was agreed as her retirement date)
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    It's funny because I dismissed staff throughout my career and didn't worry about it that much. On this occasion I don't want to rock the boat too much. I think I gave her too much responsibility in the beginning and was too busy to notice.
    Don't shout at me!
    I will change the signs and prices from here in. I will not change the price to the customer as I am half way through the job and would rather have the £240 then nothing. But I will be doing them at home from now on.
    Time is against me.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Phew! Been working all evening on the bunting.w when I tried to tell staff about making sure future bunting is charged differently she basically talked at me and put me in my place in her eyes. She said that it doesn't matter what I do after she is gone!

Unbelievable, who does she think she is. It is YOUR business, YOU are the one who knows how much work it is. The sooner she is gone the better for you Mooloo.

I third the low carbing method for weight loss.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not shouting at you mooloo just very frustrated by staff and how she is treating you.

I'm not sure who it was who mentioned golden paste previously (search is sadly awful), I'm interested to know if it may help my mum so can you drop me a message, thanks
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Will catch up Trix tomorrow, erm later!
    I am just winding down from a busy day, I went straight from work to a business meeting about growing your small business that was 5-8 tonight. The few people there were a surprise as one also had a sewing business working from home making soft furnishings. We certainly had a lively conversation, and I was really feeling reinvigorated by the end of the meeting.
    After Dgd had gone to bed and I had finished chatting to the baby sitter, my great friend from here's daughter, she is back until the new term when she will go to Uni for her masters degree, I sat at the sewing machine till midnight midnight and now I am going to bed.
    I will be chatting to staff on Thursday about a few things, carefully.
    Over the next few weeks I will be making changes and will be doing as much of the overhaul of the business I can as we get ready for the 3 year Anniversary.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • whiteguineapig
    whiteguineapig Posts: 1,365 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gosh i can't believe its nearly 3 years!! you'v done so well
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am exhausted.
    I am not very happy at the moment And now I have had an email saying the van covers are too big. Having made them to clients measurements and not having the cushions, I suppose that was always a risk. But now I am going to have to put it right as we are getting the blame. Would be easy but for the fact that the van is in Devon and the man is living in it.
    I opened the email late last night after hours of sewing the bunting and felt like just giving up the whole business and saying enough is enough of working so hard for very little money.
    I am going to have to find something to be positive about and not focus on one or two small problems, except that they feel huge problems and I have my daughter's wedding looming large and time is running out.
    I am not Mrs positive today.
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    Mooloo

When you are doing an order where you can't measure yourself do you either sent an E Mail or write something out in the shop detailing all the measurements provided by the customer and getting them to sign/ send a confirmation E Mail agreeing that the measurements are correct and they will be charged for those measurements?

You need to cover yourself.
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • sarathebest
    Options
    Is there a danger that they may shrink a little when they are cleaned/washed - it wouldn't be good to have too tight a fit!
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I simply cannot see why you should accept the blame.

Do you have his original specifications in writing, if not why not? If you do then tell him the cost of alterations, why oh why do you believe you are to blame for everything and that you should sort it at all cost to you.

Sorry but this is tough love. You need to find some strength, the bunting, staff and now this all in a short space of time. You are not running a buisness at the moment you appear to be running a charity and as such you will fail.

Either tough up or give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport