Bricks Not Books

Options

Comments

• BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have no experience in childbirth so can't offer any advice there.  However, didn't want to 'read and run' so to speak.  Rants are absolutely allowed, and it does sound very frustrating indeed.   I hope that getting it down in writing helped take a little of the stress out of it (writing helps me sometimes).  I hope that you can get the answers you need/want.  Sending huge hugs and best wishes x
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Thank you both @Moneyfordreams and @BookWorm - ranting is occasionally needed, especially when I don't want to worry Mr VH.

In the end it all worked out okay, as expected. Didn't have a huge cry on the midwife but did get a bit tearful. And then after waiting over an hour in the hospital the consultant we spoke to agreed with my reasons and signed off on the c-section (probably helped that baby still appears to be breech). So that's now booked in for my due date, and if I have any signs of early labour I must phone the maternity triage line ASAP. I've also got a pre-op appointment the day before the section, and I will of course need to stop the Clexane and the aspirin the day before to reduce the risk of complications.

Mr VH is on annual leave this week so we're not running the risk of me needing to rush to hospital while he's at work in London. As I speak he's sorting out the moses basket my lovely aunt and uncle bought for us, which will sit downstairs in the living room so we can keep an eye on baby and watch TV, doze on the sofa etc. I'm also going to give him the logins for supermarkets this week so he can be in charge of the food shopping, we'll have to get deliveries as he doesn't drive and I won't be able to get behind the wheel for a few weeks. But this is the upside to the 21st century, for a few quid extra supermarkets will bring your weekly shopping to you!

I've noticed recently that our shower doesn't seem to be giving out much hot water, even though there's no such problems with the other hot water taps around the house. I mentioned it to Mr VH on Friday evening and said at some point after baby arrives we'll have to get a plumber round to take a look at it. Well, I've just had an extremely lukewarm shower this afternoon despite the temperature gauge on the mixer being turned up as high as it would go. Clearly "sometime after baby arrives" is no longer viable so I've emailed the plumber that did our boiler service and asked if he can come round and take a look this week. I don't fancy coming home from hospital to lukewarm showers, nor do I want to be driven 25 minutes to my parents house to use their shower. Whatever the cost is it'll be worth it if we can get it sorted ASAP.

I saw my parents on Friday and gave Mum her Mother's Day card and gift, and also texted her this morning. I've baked some cookies as we currently have a lot of eggs (I'm trying to eat them for breakfast but marmite keeps calling my name instead), and dinner tonight will be toad in the hole. I accidentally bought two 4 pint bottles of milk this week and Mr VH doesn't really drink it. Good thing I'm not lactose intolerant (and could probably do with the extra calcium)!

Have a good week everyone!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pleased to hear the appointments went well and hope baby doesn't try to make an early appearance.  Also hope the shower temperature issue is an easy fix - I also hate lukewarm showers so can feel your pain!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's so lovely to hear your progress VH - can't wait to hear all about your next chapter.

Fortune x

Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Ahh he or she won't be long now - I hope you can enjoy your final days of pregnancy   :blush:
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Cornish_mum
    Options
    Hope all is well with you VH - CM
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Huge congratulations VH. So pleased for you all x
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations to you and Mr VH, and a warm welcome to the world Baby Boy 🥳 
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Cornish_mum
    Cornish_mum Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations VH welcome to the new addition to your family. I hope Baby Boy is letting you and MrVH get some sleep. My DS was a total nightmare to bf too; you have my great sympathy, when it’s not working it’s really really hard. Take care I know you will be doing great CM 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback